Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    There's a good story behind this one. Please elaborate. And you need to write an autobiography. For real. For those who don't know Harry IRL, they could seriously make a movie about the dude's life.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Is he Wooderson? Alright, alright, alright.

Dawn of the Dead, Rocky Horror at the midnight movies..

In my area 77-78 Queen was HUGE, We Will Rock You, We Are the Champions, Bohemian. Then it was Pink Floyd, The Wall. The Who somewhere in there too. I was totally Rush guy from The Goldbergs but liked those others too, Gary Numan was my first "real" concert. Seemed like I was going to two or three a month after that..

One thing I wasn't all in on was Kiss. Junior High they were super popular.. I was all about Rush and other stuff. The gimmick makeup made me think they sucked as musicians.. Bu the mid 80s I started to realize they weren't terrible, just kina lame to me.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Heh. In some ways the weed was better. So weak you could actually pass a joint around. Now it’s two or three hits.

‘Member weed bricks? Compacted shit you had to flake apart before deseeding?

Or blonde hash under glass?
    Shit you could smoke a joint to your head (i.e. by yourself). Try that now. Sure I 'member all that shit. Bales of"seaweed" washing up on the Cape, bricks of afghani hash in burlap with gold seals in Arabic, all that shit.

And growing up in Boston, that was the peak of the Boston Music scene, so many good bands everywhere, it was ridiculous. If you were around you know but if you weren't, this album encapsulates it and is way worth the money: https://www.amazon.com/D-I-Y-Mass-Bo.../dp/B0000032YO Some of my favorite songs ever are on that thing, including my favorite garage rock song ever, turn it way up for full effect:

Any of you fossils gonna humble brag about the awesome weed with all the seeds and stems?
    Thai sticks, kid, and the rise of Sensimilla.

Any of you fossils gonna humble brag about the awesome weed with all the seeds and stems?
    If the cops busted you with dirt weed they gave it back to you and said "have a nice day". If it was good weed they kept it and said "have a nice day".. Either way they hardly ever arrested people in my world over weed. Probably a totally different experience for black people though...

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Thai sticks, kid, and the rise of Sensimilla.
    Ahhh. The elusive unicorn. Unobtanium

With all the legal weed why can’t they bring back the Thai stick?

Let’s not forget Pet Rocks, that was some marketing genius.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

No kidding, maybe they were treated with Opium, maybe not but Thai Sticks had that rarity and flavor so lacking in many other products.

My 1st exposures to Colombian weed were like that. I paid a guy to swipe a triple beam balance from our school lab and traded it for a bag. Guy who was on the receiving end said, "this is called Gold Colombian". Would have been around 74/75.

Great flavor and was fresh cause it was being flown to the US. As the market developed and they began sending it north in the holds of ships it started to get musty/moldy tasting and the quality suffered.

Yeah it wasn't near as potent as what come from the dispensary down the street but it had a very nice buzz and flavor.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

...why can’t they bring back the Thai stick?
    Anyone have a feasible answer for this?

right place - right time... not unlimited, but easy enough access to tai, acapulco gold, mohegan, panama red, etc. in quart & half gallon baggies
    ​I am not in your hurry

Toss up of post this here or the tennis thread. This thread was higher up. Here you go @Marshall Tucker! Thrift store sighting today.

Would you rather ski 70s skis or swing 70s tennis rackets if you had to give up modern gear?

The 70's drug I miss is hash, red, gold or black. IMO, that shit was just as wasteful as anything coming out from high tech growers now. I always thought thai stick was like soakweed.

The 70s were a blast, for sure. Mountains of great music (though I'll quibble over the interval from 68 through 73 being the moist musically fecund) and personal liberty gushing across the nation.

That time when the innocence of the 60s dissolved and as Vietnam wound down more lurid parts of US foreign policy began to become better known. More fractures in the American consciousness.

My thing had always been skiing, from the backyard in MN in the 60s, through moving to an urban landscape in 66 fraught with riots, snipers and curfews. The 70s were a relief in some regards but more cracks appeared in the fundament whirling around Nixon and Watergate. I climbed USSA from C to A and eventually the Regionals, but missed the Nationals and got to go to the next tiered national race, the Western States Races. Won the 1973 Midwestern Freestyle champs at Indianhead, skied stoned all the time.

I raced, fought with my parents and eventually split home just before graduation to hitchhike around the midwest. Eventually to try to do something solid and moving to Oregon in 1974 to go to college. So that's where I spent most of the 70s sampling new products from the chem department surrounded by the most interesting gaggle of misfit miscreants I've ever been around. I have great appreciation for how lucky I've been in that interval, all the stupid shit I did, when the cops would let you off with the big wagging finger. Math became my main objective.

I got tired of rock and tuned into all the "alternative" stuff coming out from the Residents to punk (the Wipers!), Funk as well as going back in the jazz catalogues. I finally got turned onto writers like Nabokov, Durrell, Robertson Davies, but I still hated Dickens (I've recovered).
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

You can get seeds from several growers, such as
    https://www.pacificseedbank.com/shop...rijuana-seeds/

Commercial growers aren’t real big on land race sativa strains because they have such a long flower cycle (12-14 weeks) compared to eight weeks for most indica.

The Humboldt growers I knew in late 70s were just starting to figure out the hybridization of the subtropical sativas and Afghan indicas for 8-10 week flower. Not like today but still pretty good.

I’d modify Buster’s assertion about fecundity of music to begin in 1965 (beginning of acid rock) to about 1975 and the start of disco/hip hop (where it all went to hell)

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    fuck yeah!

Fuck yeah, fuck yeah! (Early) 70's in a nutshell right fuckin' there!

Pairs well with this...

Don't shoot the piano player!

Of course, this was the 70's as well.

But we needn't talk about that.

My favorite song in 2nd grade.. Still very high on my playlists list..

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Bitchin’ Camaro.
    That would be the 80s, Dead Milkmen

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    My favorite song in 2nd grade.. Still very high on my playlists list..

Playing this in my HS cafeteria signaled the start of a food fight

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    The 70's drug I miss is hash, red, gold or black. IMO, that shit was just as wasteful as anything coming out from high tech growers now. I always thought thai stick was like soakweed.

The 70s were a blast, for sure. Mountains of great music (though I'll quibble over the interval from 68 through 73 being the moist musically fecund) and personal liberty gushing across the nation.

That time when the innocence of the 60s dissolved and as Vietnam wound down more lurid parts of US foreign policy began to become better known. More fractures in the American consciousness.

My thing had always been skiing, from the backyard in MN in the 60s, through moving to an urban landscape in 66 fraught with riots, snipers and curfews. The 70s were a relief in some regards but more cracks appeared in the fundament whirling around Nixon and Watergate. I climbed USSA from C to A and eventually the Regionals, but missed the Nationals and got to go to the next tiered national race, the Western States Races. Won the 1973 Midwestern Freestyle champs at Indianhead, skied stoned all the time.

I raced, fought with my parents and eventually split home just before graduation to hitchhike around the midwest. Eventually to try to do something solid and moving to Oregon in 1974 to go to college. So that's where I spent most of the 70s sampling new products from the chem department surrounded by the most interesting gaggle of misfit miscreants I've ever been around. I have great appreciation for how lucky I've been in that interval, all the stupid shit I did, when the cops would let you off with the big wagging finger. Math became my main objective.

I got tired of rock and tuned into all the "alternative" stuff coming out from the Residents to punk (the Wipers!), Funk as well as going back in the jazz catalogues. I finally got turned onto writers like Nabokov, Durrell, Robertson Davies, but I still hated Dickens (I've recovered).
    Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    You can get seeds from several growers, such as
    https://www.pacificseedbank.com/shop...rijuana-seeds/

Commercial growers aren’t real big on land race sativa strains because they have such a long flower cycle (12-14 weeks) compared to eight weeks for most indica.

The Humboldt growers I knew in late 70s were just starting to figure out the hybridization of the subtropical sativas and Afghan indicas for 8-10 week flower. Not like today but still pretty good.

I’d modify Buster’s assertion about fecundity of music to begin in 1965 (beginning of acid rock) to about 1975 and the start of disco/hip hop (where it all went to hell)
    I agree with these posts. You guys must be old…too.

Sinsemilla. Sin, without- semilla, seed.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    I'd agree to the decade, I was just shooting for a 5 year interval.

I mean, I get it if some people prefer Cyndi Lauper over the Stones or Hendrix, I'd just disagree.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Omfg. Cyndi Lauper and Captain Lou Albano

Just shoot me. Or at least shoot the stereo

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Sinsemilla. Sin, without- semilla, seed.
    I knew that, but I’ve always seen it spelled sensemilla.

Google says both.

Pull tabs

Good music, but until I had a job it was this. Dad woudln't let us use his "Hi Fi".

Name:  Toot-A-Loop-Panasonics-other-wacky-portable-radios.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  123.1 KB

And then first car with the 8-Track.. KAKLUNK!!!! right in the middle of the song. Soo awesome!

I rest my case.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Attachment 416302

And just like that roe was overturned in 2022. Go figure.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    Here's my mom and her Cordoba in '77 (be nice fellas... ). I was 4!

Attachment 416343
    I'd so hit that like it was Mir.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague