Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
    Keystone Ice was undrinkable even on the thirstiest of days and nights

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    aka Ninja Juice.
    LOL

Fight me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    I dunno, they were still rocking in the early 90's when BSSM came out.

1992 Lollapalooza line up at the Kitsap fairgrounds in WA-
    Lush, Pearl Jam, Jesus and the Mary Chain, Soundgarden, Ministry, Ice Cube, RHCP were the closer.
    Was there - still stands out as one of my favorite concerts.

Pre-internet days so hadn't realized Ministry changed their sound from meh-synth pop and so I left the stage front to get something to drink.....until an unholy and incredibly loud noise fired up. Wow.

I think Al Jourgensen had a microphone stand with skulls and bones? Crazy good.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    LOL

Fight me.
    This guy gets it.

While I can't take credit for naming it that, the one guy in the group who would get loaded up on that swill would try increasingly difficult feats of agility and strength as the Ninja Juice had provided him with the ability to feel no pain.

I recall one night around a bonfire where several people had taken a Honda Spree scooter and did some weight-saving measures to it, mostly by removing anything that would keep it road-legal, and then jumping it over the fire.

When our Ninja took his shot he predictably landed horribly wrong, got the front wheel death-wobble and went straight through the group on the other side into the horse barn. Came out covered in a mess of horse shit, blood and puke and asked for another Beast Light Ice without skipping a beat.

I wonder what happened to that guy.
    I still call it The Jake.

Full Kitsap VHS experience here.

I was at the Vancouver show. Poured with rain. In July!

Similar experience watching Ministry. It was like a collective holy shit moment.

This guy gets it.

While I can't take credit for naming it that, the one guy in the group who would get loaded up on that swill would try increasingly difficult feats of agility and strength as the Ninja Juice had provided him with the ability to feel no pain.

I recall one night around a bonfire where several people had taken a Honda Spree scooter and did some weight-saving measures to it, mostly by removing anything that would keep it road-legal, and then jumping it over the fire.

When our Ninja took his shot he predictably landed horribly wrong, got the front wheel death-wobble and went straight through the group on the other side into the horse barn. Came out covered in a mess of horse shit, blood and puke and asked for another Beast Light Ice without skipping a beat.

I wonder what happened to that guy.
    Tetanus.

Tetanus.
    At the very least.

My money is on “went to college and never made it out”, which was a very popular thing to do in the 90s.

Molson Ice was a big hit upstate when it came out. When I went to college downstate, it was nowhere. Almost no Molson around downstate at all in fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Brownski View Post
    Molson Ice was a big hit upstate when it came out. When I went to college downstate, it was nowhere. Almost no Molson around downstate at all in fact.
    Fact.

We could get the older guys to buy us “Moose Ice” in E’ville, but once we got back to below the I-90/Southern Tier E’way line it was nowhere. Could get it in Michigan though, predictably, once sufficiently close to Canuckistan.

Quote Originally Posted by Brownski View Post
    You should have been even further upstate with us cool kids. Molson XXX just over the border. Strip clubs also. Plus we had Jay Peak to ski not Hunta mountain. Good times.

When we went to Canada as underage dumbasses just out of HS, we had Labatt's, IIRC. Donuts and beer for breakfast... mmmm...

Fact.

We could get the older guys to buy us “Moose Ice” in E’ville, but once we got back to below the I-90/Southern Tier E’way line it was nowhere. Could get it in Michigan though, predictably, once sufficiently close to Canuckistan.
    damn, I wasn’t even thinking about Moosehead. That REALLY disappears when you reach the metro area. People hadn’t even heard of it.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    You should have been even further upstate with us cool kids. Molson XXX just over the border. Strip clubs also. Plus we had Jay Peak to ski not Hunta mountain. Good times.
    I was far enough north that everybody knew you had to go to Canada for the good Molson- way higher in alcohol.

Brador. Good ol Molson fucking Brador. Highly coveted when brought back by of age friends.

One of my favorite 90s skiing memories was a trip to Smugglers Notch when I was like 14 or 15 with my friend’s youth group. We’re stopped at the bottom of the mountain (the flat condo area) and some random French Canadian chick comes over and says “hey you’re cute” in a French accent. Just as my pants were starting to tighten up, she realized we were American and spent the next few minutes telling us how we have weak beer, we drink piss, yadda yadda yadda. And then she left.

Peak to trough.

My life would have been complete if I got a hot French Canadian chick back then. Watching Letter Kenny it sounds like even Canadian dudes want that action.

Ah Pete’s Wicked Ale. Definitely drank my share in college.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

My life would have been complete if I got a hot French Canadian chick back then. Watching Letter Kenny it sounds like even Canadian dudes want that action.
    It’s that combination of demure and sleazy that draws us in like siren drew sailors onto the rocks. Most can’t handle the heat. C’est la vie.

Voulez vous?

Not 1990
    Sorry
    Excusé moi

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    It’s that combination of demure and sleazy that draws us in like siren drew sailors onto the rocks. Most can’t handle the heat. C’est la vie.
    I had one take me back to her hotel room and when she was finished she basically kicked me out the door. I went up to my hotel room and was so drunk/high I couldn’t for the life of me get the door open with the keycard. Couldn’t figure out why my buddies weren’t opening the door.

Took me awhile to realize I was staying in a different hotel.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    I remember designing a craft beer menu in the very early 90's and that and Henry Weinhard's were go to's with Sierra. Things have changed massively.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Brador. Good ol Molson fucking Brador. Highly coveted when brought back by of age friends.
    That was my youth, we were legal in Vermont at 18, but at 17 used to drive up and get cases of Bradors. God I loved that vile 8% goodness. As I did the French Canadian chick I hooked up with at the Stowe School at the bar across the street.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I remember designing a craft beer menu in the very early 90's and that and Henry Weinhard's were go to's with Sierra. Things have changed massively.
    Nice, pops was a Hank’s guy.

Anybody know where the kind bud is?
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Nice, pops was a Hank’s guy.

Anybody know where the kind bud is?

THE ONLY SOURCE OF SKUNK THAT SMELLS OF SKUNK ORIGINATING FROM OLDTIMER1 WHO CONTRIBUTED GENETICS TO THE DEVELOPMENT OF SKUNK BEFORE IT WAS NAMED SKUNK.
    THE ONLY SEED PACK ON THE MARKET PROVIDING SKUNK SPRAY, SKUNK CARCASS, AMMONIA, BURNT RUBBER, MUSK, SHIT, VOMIT, PISS AND OTHER FOUL TERPS

I feel like Pete’s Wicked Winter and Sierra Nevada were a strong option for a season there in the waning days of the 90s.