Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Nah, I know who Teri Polo is. She announced Dex’s death on the radio like the cold, soulless, Aspen local she is.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Totally, but HAF back in the Northern Exposure days.
    LOL my wife worked a job with her back in those days and wanted to KILL her.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    I'd say 25-35
    I spend age 25-35 mostly getting wasted and bragging about the shit I did age 15-25 as if I was still doing that cool shit.. More and more about the chemical buzz and less and less about the adrenaline buzz for me. Depression definitely set in.

A lot of people off themselves around age 25-30. 27 club is definitely a real thing. You wake up and realize. "this is fucking it".. This is probably my peak... not going to become that rock star/pro athlete/whatever lofty goals we dreamed about when we were growing up.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

my 20's were a blast and they mostly took place in the 90's while living in a ski town with a short diversion to boulder to find a wife
    the only goal while in my twenties was to have a good time and I"m almost certain I succeeded probably excelled to a great degree

30's kinda blew chunks but was still fun as shit started to actually work and build a carrier you know grown up stuff

40's have been really good overall since I can afford all the toys and shit I want and no one to ask permission to buy any of them

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    I spend age 25-35 mostly getting wasted and bragging about the shit I did age 15-25 as if I was still doing that cool shit.. More and more about the chemical buzz and less and less about the adrenaline buzz for me. Depression definitely set in.

A lot of people off themselves around age 25-30. 27 club is definitely a real thing. You wake up and realize. "this is fucking it".. This is probably my peak... not going to become that rock star/pro athlete/whatever lofty goals we dreamed about when we were growing up.
    Sorry to hear that. I spent those years living in Missoula, partying and getting laid a lot, and traveling all over the west rock climbing for months at a time, living out of my VW van. I was strong af and physically at my peak. No responsibilities or commitments. It was great and although it impeded me from ever having much of a successful career, I have zero regrets and would do it exactly that way again.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Lol. Ok. Perhaps "quit music" may have been a bit harsh, but you apparently stopped paying attention by AC/DC and don't think you've missed out on anything since then.

Lemme guess. You probably rock out to "The Eagle" 104.7 FM on the job site.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app
    No, I have XM/Sirius in my truck and don't spend more than 20 minutes on any one job site, but you keep on thinking you know me.

And I am more than a little familiar with even the music of the 2000s.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Yeah, my twenties were fun. Strong as hell, doing stupid shit all the time. I was broke all the time but didn’t need much money back then. I settled down towards the end of my twenties, got married and had the kids in my early thirties and pretty much had to keep the nose to the grindstone for that decade. The forties were more fun, for the reasons cited by others. My boys were old enough by then to start getting out on more adventurous stuff. Now I’m in mid-life mode. Can’t decide if I’m gonna have a full-on crisis or shift gears career-wise or what.

But yeah, my twenties (the 90s) were the years that were just fun.

Time to get back to that 90s stoke... HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS! Dallas Stars won the cup in 1999 too. i really enjoyed that stuff living in the Dallas area in the 90s. The skiing sucked though..

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    IMO - Whatever years kids were age 10 to 18 will be the best years of your life and define you.

Doesn’t matter the generation.

Think of the music of the 60’s and 70’s.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Have chatted w/ buddies about how fucking amazing it would be to have Immigrant Song released when you were like 16/17. Closest for me was Nirvana or Pearl Jam.

Quote Originally Posted by VTskibum View Post
    Have chatted w/ buddies about how fucking amazing it would be to have Immigrant Song released when you were like 16/17. Closest for me was Nirvana or Pearl Jam.
    That was my thought as well. Sabbath, Zeppelin….holy shit.

So glad I missed disco.

Damn bunch of navel geezers here. The best time to be alive is right here, right now. Everything else is a memory or hopes & dreams.

There’s magic in every decade I have lived, 70’s through to now. My rock music spans the 50’s onward, ageism makes new tunes hard to vibe with, but training my ear with my 9yo daughter is so sublime. And letting my father or others of his age reminisce about their youth like it was yesterday over an evening is a treasure.

I didn’t appreciate this in my heydays of the 90’s, when I was invincible. And that is as it should have been.

Loving some of the tunes being posted here though. Made a lonely day in the office go by quite pleasantly.

Hmmmm I graduated HS in 94 and spent 95-99 as an undergrad at a school with a 2-1 female-male ratio. So yeah, the 90s were pretty rad for me too. Oh how I long for that decade sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by VTskibum View Post
    Same. Cannot imagine how cool that much have been.

Mid90’s is pretty spot on. Directed by Jonah Hill.

https://youtu.be/w9Rx6-GaSIE

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    No way, the 30's are the best years. Old enough to have things figured out, and young enough to take advantage of it. I'll take the 30's over the teen years any day.
    100%
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

90's appreciation thrad

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    No way, the 30's are the best years. Old enough to have things figured out, and young enough to take advantage of it. I'll take the 30's over the teen years any day.
    20s and 30s are awesome, but 10-18 is such a unique time with so much growth and almost no responsibility. I have stronger memories of my teen years than those post-college years.

10-18 was the 90s for me.

No doubt the 10-18 years were great for some people. But those were actually the worst years for a whole lot of people. Lots of teen angst.

Yeah I may have had it "easy" as a teen, but it sure didn't feel like it. Didn't get my shit together (to the extent that I ever got my shit together) until late twenties.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    ... right here, right now....
    Never liked this song but when in rome...

Early 90’s was also a “special” time for music.

Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/Oxu3pq319r0

https://youtu.be/2AGl2M_YB0Q

https://youtu.be/Qkuu0Lwb5EM

https://youtu.be/rog8ou-ZepE

https://youtu.be/NNEgUPKxk7A

Friday night rabbit hole...

Ppl like to hate on Geoff Tate but his vocals man, incredible.

I forgot how long all of Testament's song were ^^

This video was banned from MTV

memories flooding back

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post

Ppl like to hate on Geoff Tate but his vocals man, incredible.
    No hate here. Empire is fucking sick, start to finish!

Dinosaur Jr., Meatpuppets, Pixies, WSP, Phish, Mazzy Star, Breeders, Beastie Boys, Dead.

Lots and lots of shrooms. Graffix double bubble glass bong.

Dazed and Confused, Mallrats, Better off Dead, Ski Patrol, Bliazzard of Ahhhhs, Aspen Extreme. plenty more but my brain is tired.

Hanging out at the record shop.

Powder Magazine

Played a lot of frisbee.

And the best part of the 90’s. No cell phones, no internet.

Meanwhile in Dallas.. Toadies and Tripping Daisy..

90's appreciation thrad

I listen to music; I have stuff i prefer; we’ve got spotify going all day in the office; I played music enough to understand when it’s good even if that flavor is not my cup of tea; but I never got this excited about it & have always been mystified by that. School dances were passé rituals even before I was in junior high, but somehow they still exist even now. Prom? Wtf is that now?

I just shake my head at all the dance & singing shows available on TV & the proliferation of tiktok etc. But I guess there’s always been musicals & movies w/ singing/dancing. MTV was not on my radar.

I started undergrad in 89 & had fun, but it wasn’t because it was synched to a playlist…

Just reading along in fascination…