Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    For Wooley, the '90s were when the incandescent light bulb and the schrader valve began transforming lives.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

90's appreciation thrad

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    First of all you clearly don't know shit about modern music,
    That's very possible. I try to listen to everything: old, really old, really, really old, new, edge-pushing new, etc. And it's fun to listen to new things, but it's difficult to stay on top of what's currently considered cool (and with which group).

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    and second, kids today don't give a fuck what you think of their music, just like all of us didn't give a fuck what our parents thought of our music when we were young.
    Yeah, absolutely. I care what they think about my favorite music as much as they care about what I think about theirs. It's always been like this.

But I can't deny that sometimes, just like putting on some really old shoes perfectly molded to your feet or old jeans with wear marks made by years of wearing them, or eating some comfort food, listening to the music that blew my mind the first time I heard it in high school makes me feel happy.

Edit to add: There's some amazing new music. What comes to mind when thinking of modern music that I dislike is reggaeton. It's hugely popular, but to me it sounds very monotonous, I can listen to a song or two and I get tired of it.
    Last edited by Fofo; 05-13-2022 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    <snip>
    Came out my freshman year in college
    Good for you!

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Good for you!

Remember how hot Jared Leto was in My So Called Life??

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    best thrad on the internet
    Never mind that half the shit these guys are going on about started in the 80s. Peak GnR and Metallica? Appetite for Destruction came out in 1987 and Master of Puppets was 1986. That was their peak. Countless examples in this thrad along with all kinds of horrible music mentioned. Every decade has great music, it’s just not spoon fed to you.

Quote Originally Posted by 365wp View Post
    That was an awesome community
    Thanks. It was all of us. Did you ever attend any of the gatherings? We made t-shirts and shit. I remember telling Trey what we were doing, and he was like, "internet?, cool".
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Name:  PF90s.jpeg
Views: 267
Size:  7.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    We were down in Denver last week and I noticed that the Campus Lounge was hawking the nostalgia train pretty hard with a Hamm's truck. I guess it's cool now??

Attachment 416199
    Lemonboy just jizzed.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Some good stuff outta Austin in the 90s. Bad Livers. I do like the Slamgrass. Bass with a fucking tuba! Mark Rubin FTW. Wish I'd made it there to see them. They came to me instead.

I drank many beers with Danny on a shin deep muddy night before the opening at Targhee Bluegrass wearing all my moto gear. I had just ripped up from CO and was so wet and coated in mud he took kindness and bought all my beers/calories. Solid dude and one of my favorites of all times.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Getting together with a dozen friends to watch 90201 while cracking whippets comes to mind.
    Mushrooms and X files for me and my (5 hot women) housemates in the communal room with a $9 large 1 topping pizza. Every week. I kept asking them to keep their toys off the living room table, but gave up because at least 2 of them were cycling together at any one time. My friend Erica had a vagina shaped dream catcher above her bed that was like 6' long. She ended up getting a PhD in clinical psych and makes bank in NC as a hardened NYC girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    For Wooley, the '90s were when the incandescent light bulb and the schrader valve began transforming lives.
    Shocks on mountain bikes, plastic tele boots! NO WAY! Love me some tramp stamp/license plate ass.

Loved X-Files, Beavis and Butthead (most of Adult Swim) sports stuff. Never really got in to Friends, Seinfeld, ER, NYPD Blue, etc in the 90s. I was working in retail management and often at work on weeknights. I did watch the last couple seasons of ER and Friends. Wife liked those shows when we started dating and I was retired from fucking retail hell..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

90's appreciation thrad

This thread is fantastic. 90’s crushed it, but like someone said, I was young ( except for you old or super young fucks ) the appreciation is definitely age related. But what a time to go from high school to college, explore, figure shit out, see amazing music and bands that haven’t blown up yet ( I wonder how many of us have unknowingly shared joints at shows), meet girls, party, try lots of different drugs, figure out what booze/beer you liked and your limits, just how to be yourself really. all of it. So good

Rememba text emoji's? ;2)

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Beepers before mobile phones were affordable and didn't require a fucking backpack to carry around..

Attachment 416202

And it wasn't just beep beep beep with a callback number. Folks had a whole different alphanumeric 9 digit language while using them.. Like if it was your wife and important it just said 911 911 911 or something like that..
    Ha! All our parents in town gave their kids pagers so they could “keep tabs on them”. That failed spectacularly, and we just used them as a way to talk to each other without blowing up your friends’ home landlines.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    Attachment 416212

Late 90's...the beginning of the end.
    Ah, the old Nokia brick. That thing was indestructible.

I was probably the first of my friends to have a cell phone in ‘95-96 because the aforementioned pager system failed. And my Dad had a bunch of Motorola Star-Tacs at his disposal. At first I thought it was so cool, little did I know I’d one day come to despise the electronic leashes.
    I still call it The Jake.

Pagers were god's way of telling you where to get your drugs from.

In the 90s, our girls rocked the super low-rise jeans, thong undies, and midriffs. Now the young girls wear freaking mom jeans. 90s > 2020s

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

Lots of ticket stubs in the shoebox from their shows

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Nope, I am good but thanks anyway.
    Bummer you quit music like 40 years ago cuz you've missed out on a LOT of really great stuff my man.

As far as 'kids and their crazy music these days,' there actually is a ton of great stuff still coming out these days. Once we got past the worst of freaking dubstep and mumble rap, we've turned a corner and things are doing a bit better IMO. Haha. Also been seeing a serious resurgence of teens I know actually really getting into 70s-90s music. Big time. Makes me happy to see that. Not all hope is lost after all! ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    In the 90s, our girls rocked the super low-rise jeans, thong undies, and midriffs. Now the young girls wear freaking mom jeans. 90s > 2020s

And those 90’s girls are now actual moms. Circle of life.

And glad that mom-jeans are in style for their daughters...

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    And glad that mom-jeans are in style for their daughters...
    Haha. Totally. That said, my wife recently unburied her old low rise jeans from HS (she totally still fits in them!) and she's been rocking them lately. "Schwing!!!" (Sorry. No pics, fellas)

Yeah. Those are still WAY better than the mom jeans trend*. Even if worn by an actual mom.

*Disclaimer: must actually have tight, good body to pull off. Thus why they don't have mass appeal to all the young chubsters of today.

Picking the range at Eagle-Vail golf course and mowing greens soundtrack

Name:  210089691_841679290071508_4263328188539327955_n.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  46.3 KB

And speaking of schwing, let us not forget the wonderful era that was the 90s SNL cast and all the ensuing comedies. Dana Carvey, Mike Meyers, Chris Farley, David Spade, Will Ferrel, Chris Kattsn, Molly Shannon, Phil Hartman, Adam Sandler, Tim Meadows, Jon Lovitz, Norm Macdonald, Chris Rock, Tracy Morgan, Jimmy Fallon, Cheri Oteri, Kevin Nealon, Al Franken, Dennis Miller, Jim Breuer, the list goes on and on and on...