Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    doing the divorce thing so the 90's werent that good for me, obviously ymmv
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Y'all are old.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I'm convinced that Peruvian and I must have shared a joint in some parking lot (or maybe a beer at the Comet or the Buckaroo) many years before we met on TTips.
    Cold sores?

Finished college, lived in Sapporo for 2 years, learned to snowboard, learned to poach sidecountry lines, went to the Nagano Olympics where an American I knew probably smoked out the US snowboard team (at great legal risk), finished out the decade by biking from Singapore to Hong Kong. Yeah...not a bad decade.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Y'all are old.
    Straight up.

Fossils.

Grad school and ultrarunning defined a fair portion of my 90s.

I was happy.

Music was better in the 80s.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

90s was a good time to be a kid too. 90s in Seattle was pretty good

Y'all are old.
    WHAT?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Cardboard Derby at A-Basin, could camp in the lot.

My first apartment after leaving the dorms at DU was at 14th and Columbine across from City Park. $400 a month for whole first floor of old victorian. My 'landlords' upstairs grew brick weed in the backyard.

Missed seeing Phish at Cutler Quad by one year, thought they would return for 92 but didn't. Goes without saying but tons of amazing shows at Red Rocks. Always bought tickets at the kiosk on 16th street mall & Curtis, always scored because hardly anybody went to that kiosk. Should have bought a shit ton of property around Observatory Park...hindsight yada-yada... It snowed a lot in Denver back then, seemed like it anyways, would seem to get a blizzard almost every winter. Moonlight Cafe, Wazee Supper Club, Cruise Room, Tivoli when you could still toss peanut shells all over the floor, nobody had nut allergies back then. I remember watching the Rockies play at the old Mile High. Lived in a crappy loft downtown (before they were cool) and watched them build Coors Field brick by brick. Anybody remember Gabor's on Cap Hill?

My music tastes span most types and genres but some things don't change- hated Nirvana then and still do now, his voice is cringe. Soundgarden much more up my alley. I listen to more 90's rap and hip hop now than I did back then as I was too distracted with college. And Phish.

Didn't really get into the outdoor and ski scene until after college (which took longer than originally planned). I started working at Grand West Outfitters in Denver late 90s, started taking out our rental tele skis and camping gear on the reg and the rest is history, moved to Boulder in 2000. Broncos were fun to watch back then, seeing Elway get back to back wins was sweet. As well as the Avs...save by Roy! I guess you could say I was an OG Denver transplant.

I'm not old, I'm privileged. The forgotten generation, Gen X.

90-95 was a pretty good time. I was balls-to-the-wall into the career working like a brazillion hours. "We gone make you a partnah, just ah couple more hours"; getting married buying a house. we did ski "out west" every year highlighted by this gem from china bowl over thanksgiving 1990. Still have and wear that jacket. U no mah steeeeze

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1990 Vail 01.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	490.7 KB 
ID:	416116

Saw the first REM show at the omni ever (well that was 4/89), page-plant, McCartney, The Who (well that was also 5/89), Aerosmith three times that I can remember, the stones twice, clapton, Mac, U2/PE opening the georgia dome, and the Grateful Dead 1994 omni. first show since 10/31/85 and the last I'd see of Jerry. ABB a few times, then Greg Allman & Friends. Saw a 14 yr old Derick Trucks @ Center stage swear that was 96 but damn these things start smearing together....1996 olympics...then kids.
    "Can't you see..."

Quote Originally Posted by 365wp View Post
    Going from 80s to 90s music was sooooo refreshing
    Will never forget the first time I heard Nirvana, Pearl Jam, so much energy. The PJ movie "Twenty" really captured it well I thought.
    Listening to the local high school radio station and hearing this awesome guitar tone, "that was this new band, Phish"
    Was talking to friends in the neighborhood we live in now, turns out we were all at the same Phish show at Sugarbush in 1994 lol
    Seeing RATM at UMass in 1993
    Taking the bus from UMass to Northampton and seeing shows at Pearl Street
    Sitting on my desk in front of me is a SBD from a 1993 DMB show that I taped. There were maybe 30 people there at Pearl Street. I smoked a joint with Dave under the pool table after they closed it down for the night. Cops were outside pointing flashlights in the windows. Good times.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Y'all are old.
    Nah, I was in high school until the latter half of the 90s. We're nowhere near as old as the Bennys of TRG.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Sitting on my desk in front of me is a SBD from a 1993 DMB show that I taped. There were maybe 30 people there at Pearl Street. I smoked a joint with Dave under the pool table after they closed it down for the night. Cops were outside pointing flashlights in the windows. Good times.
    That's awesome. Someone else here EWG, Brownski? has some good stories from Trax that they shared this last year.

90s Dave shows were fantastic. Everyone was happy, drunk, stoned, jammin and surrounded by a sea of hot, turned on, women.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Someone forgot about Dre
    That song came out in 2000.

The point stands, though.

I know I linked to the 90s greats music thread up there but on the way home I had the 90s alternative station on and man was there some great fucking music.

These are two excellent stations out of ATL:

97.1 HD2 The Other Side of the River - 80s and 90s mostly alternative and jams

https://www.iheart.com/live/the-othe...he-river-8285/

OG 97.9 - Classic Hip Hop

https://www.iheart.com/live/og-979-atlanta-5779/
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    1993, sophomore year at WVU. Hit a huge block party and DMB was playing. Started to rain, non outdoor types scattered. During a set break walked up to the front of the stage smoking a joint, handed it to Dave and we finished it.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Yeah, college. Drinking literally all night at 242nd st. Or at some atrocious dive in Troy when I was home. Helping the bartender clean up and mop so we could keep going after they closed at 4 AM. Watching the sun come up from the rock in Van Cortlandt park. Or climbing a tree or taking turns hanging our roommates out the window by our ankles. Skiing thirteen nights in a row at Jiminy in frozen jeans with sweat pants underneath for insulation. For like twenty bucks cause Jiminy had some kind of special just about every night of the week. Walking around with a swollen hand for a week cause I refused to lose a game of knuckles to my buddy who was the size of a fucking Sasquatch. Skinny dipping under Postenkill Falls. Or in somebody’s pool. Or someplace else. Really just looking for an excuse to go skinny dipping so the girls would strip down too. That actually continued on to my AK and Tahoe time too. I have great memories of skinny dipping at Liard River hot springs with a huge bunch of fellow seasonal workers on our way back south one September. And no it didn’t lead to an orgy. Does anybody skinny dip anymore? People seem more repressed now. Like a lot more. One shitty job after another. Then a couple of the greatest shitty jobs ever. More drinking. Camping in my Safari all over North America and Canada. Yeah, good music too, though I remember listening to Jethro Tull and The Who and Queen just as much as I did the music of our era. Sticky beer-soaked concrete floors or squishy beer-soaked carpet. Fuck, I’m old but Gen X people are better than what’s come since. Sorry but it’s true. You youngsters will never be as cool as DJ Murray. I wonder where he ended up.

Not so sure about all this Dave mathews band talk series wtf

Pretty sure I checked before starting my 90s thread you stoners

Ithaca ny in the 90s I was lucky 18 year Olds tripping drinking smoking dope and hanging out in gorges all day in the summer yeah

Sent from my SM-A426U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    1993, sophomore year at WVU. Hit a huge block party and DMB was playing. Started to rain, non outdoor types scattered. During a set break walked up to the front of the stage smoking a joint, handed it to Dave and we finished it.
    Epic post preservation

Nice.

meh…. damn kids. get the fuck off my lawn.

fact.

Trying to stay out of jail working a shitty retail management gig and going to grad school mid 90s. Enjoying the Cowboys kicking ass living in the Dallas area but only skiing a day or two every other year..

Laughing my ass off at all the cool kids wearing these.. I actually have a pair just for laughs when work has 90s day..

Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Cold sores?
    Gotta use that hand chillum to avoid the herp.

So much great music in the 90s. Phish and DMB I’d put somewhere along with Weezer, Back Street Boys, Brintney, Spice girls, Green Day, etc. Remember going to phish at the gorge with buddies. We’d never heard any of their music just heard they were the new dead. Scene was a bunch of trusty EC drop outs. They weren’t impressed by our rusted out f250 and cases of Hamms. Growing up in the PNW I saw so many great shows and I didn’t even turn 21 until the 2000s.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    There was great music in the 90s?

Musta missed it.
    We’re you still listening to Kansas, America, & Boston?

Rage, Peppers, PJ Harney, Beasties heyday, Soundgarden, Nick Cave, the Foos, Liz Phair, …

90's appreciation thrad

Edit

No mention of Ween yet?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app