Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Teton Region Cycling Thread! Don’t Choke On The Smoke!

How it’s going so far…

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	55AFE8ED-7F40-4FE5-9DDC-615B0C00CBFD.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	625.2 KB 
ID:	416040

But the Bluebird Classic starts us off this Sunday…
    Last edited by rideit; 05-03-2023 at 05:52 PM.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Thanks for starting the thread. It's been a gravel bike kind of spring. Quick Q: where do you find that status listing that you shared the image of on the MBT page?

I made the mistake of trying to ride Bovine on a weekend a couple of years ago when nothing else was open. Friday morning was empty, Saturday morning was damn near parking limited.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by aBradAbroad View Post
    Thanks for starting the thread. It's been a gravel bike kind of spring. Quick Q: where do you find that status listing that you shared the image of on the MBT page?
    I think I did a screen capture from Facebook.

Got my GF out for her first trail ride on Sunday, to say it went well would be an understatement! She killed it!

Yeah, Baby! Hope she liked Bovine!

We’re planning to come down for Dirt Diggler this weekend. Sounds like there’s just enough opening up to bother bringing bikes.

Stoked for Dirt Diggler!

In other local bike news, One Hour of 5th Street is in the spring this year:

Name:	Untitled_Artwork 414.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	1.48 MB 
ID:	416661

Just like the last three years I'll have free beer and chocolate milk for all spectators and participants. Registration is free, we've got a new race format premiering this year, and we've got an even bigger flock of stoked (and sketchy) youths coming to throw down. Come spectate and check out the raffle, prizes are already stacking up, and all proceeds go to a scholarship fund for young racers. Even if you don't feel like riding, it's pretty wild watching the kiddos throw down!

A-Mazing out there this afternoon….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by evasive_MT View Post
    We’re planning to come down for Dirt Diggler this weekend. Sounds like there’s just enough opening up to bother bringing bikes.
    Oh excellent. @panchosdad and I will be there for sure. It's always a good party!

Sent from my SM-A600A using Tapatalk

Damn, will be in Vernal .
    Bummed.

Quote Originally Posted by homemadesalsa View Post
    Oh excellent. @panchosdad and I will be there for sure. It's always a good party!

We’re looking forward to it. Say hi!

Here's the link to the trail conditions report:

https://www.mountainbiketetons.org/c...ail-conditions

Rode Channel Lock, Bovine and Southbound Saturday, fully dry. Sharks belly gets muddy as you get towards the N. end. Aspen trail this morning was perfect, but it was probably the busiest I've ever seen it.

Thanks to everyone who came out for the Dirt Diggler, it was a great success. And kudos to Mitch for making that happen and being such a connector to all our regional neighbors.

Hell yeah, Mitch! Really wish I could have attended.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Hell yeah, Mitch! Really wish I could have attended.
    Priorities man! You can always send $100 to the MBT trail fund.

PSA: MBT shows Ferrin's open, but keep in mind it's pretty nasty up top still. Plan on turning around right when you exit the trees. Also, anyone ridden PuttPutt above the wiggle yet?

Rode Hagen-Putt Putt Wednesday. Usual (really) small spots of mud, but totally G-T-G otherwise. And it appears that the annual horse jackasses didn’t go stomp it up in the muck this year, bonus. I believe they usually do it once or twice early out of spite, but maybe they just don’t think about it.

Choke on the smoke!

Bumping this thread cause I had to scroll way down to find it. Lots of trail mileage opening up lately. In addition to the regular Teton Valley low hanging fruit, I have ridden a Grove/ Corral/ Red loop, South Fork Horseshoe, and out and back Mahogany. Mail Cabin still has snow and downed trees in the north switchbacks, and it looks like Arrow is clear to the creek. Sounds like FOP is still working on both Phillips trails...

Bumping this thread cause I had to scroll way down to find it. Lots of trail mileage opening up lately. In addition to the regular Teton Valley low hanging fruit, I have ridden a Grove/ Corral/ Red loop, South Fork Horseshoe, and out and back Mahogany. Mail Cabin still has snow and downed trees in the north switchbacks, and it looks like Arrow is clear to the creek. Sounds like FOP is still working on both Phillips trails...
    Nice, thanks for the update. Hopefully I can get up there soon and ride with you guys.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Thanks for the bump!

I heard from an unreliable source that South Fork was a mud fest, even when other things were dry. How was it when you rode it?

Friends rode Phillips Ridge Sunday, said it was good to go, but we do keep getting bursts knocking trees down. Lithium goes if you like walking in snow. Lower section is all clear, no downed trees as of Saturday. Moved three downed trees off the "Phillips Connector" trail that connects Old Pass Road to the Phillips parking lot on Saturday, for folks who like pedaling Jimmy's laps, instead of shuttling.

I'm pretty stoked on the continued wet weather, keeps refreshing the dirt just as it starts to get crappy.

[QUOTE=cydwhit;6637957]Thanks for the bump!

I heard from an unreliable source that South Fork was a mud fest, even when other things were dry. How was it when you rode it?

I'm pretty stoked on the continued wet weather, keeps refreshing the dirt

I walked through/ around 3-4 mud spots in the usual spots on South Fork Horseshoe. Notably, the horses and motos hadn't torn it up too badly.

Has anyone hit Phillips Canyon, Lithium or Black Canyon yet?

Quote Originally Posted by aBradAbroad View Post
    Has anyone hit Phillips Canyon, Lithium or Black Canyon yet?
    I don't know about Lithium- check the FOP site for that one, but I know for sure that Phillips Ridge and Canyon, plus Arrow/ Snotel, are all good to go. TFR pass bash is this coming Saturday; here's a screenshot

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-06-22 at 1.00.54 PM.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	577.7 KB 
ID:	419586:

Heard they cleared Phillips Canyon and Ridge, but that there has possibly been more blowdown since then due to a wind event. In my personal experience, Lithium and Black’s are rarely a go (without postholing) for another week or ten days, July 4th or so seems to be the consistent date. But please post up if anyone has better beta!

Name:	A685E732-BF68-406B-8588-3E2765C10720.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	594.8 KB 
ID:	419596
    Last edited by rideit; 06-22-2022 at 02:03 PM.