Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    I’d be down for an adventure…
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    I’d be down for an adventure…
    Right on, Thursday would probably be my day. Trying to settle my work schedule for next week now.

That could might work. Wed and Fri are better for me if anything changes, but I probably can swing that. Alpine start, or dusk session?
    Cy?
    HMS?
    Any others?

We are planning a day on this:

Mail Cabin to Tie Canyon Route
    https://www.trailforks.com/goto/route/30916/
    When the monsoon abates, maybe next week, maybe Sunday? Text me.

Sent from my SM-A600A using Tapatalk

Fun footage from yesterday
    https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cg2bZ...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Sent from my SM-A600A using Tapatalk

That could might work. Wed and Fri are better for me if anything changes, but I probably can swing that. Alpine start, or dusk session?
    Cy?
    HMS?
    Any others?
    Alpine casual

Hey, anyone familiar with Cariboo Jack…are there feed and water stations, or do you have to pack your own?
    Thanks in advance!
    Last time there were a couple (bottom of Mike Sell, maybe bottom of Coral, but not 100% sure). If the course is what I think it is, the logistics of them having any sort of aid station on course seem really challenging. Maybe they will, but I'd definitely bring Aqua Mira or a filter. I think I'm gonna ride it slow and steady on the hardtail with a ton of snacks and water.

I'd be into an alpine casual ride Sunday...

Phillips:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220818_105303_014.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	2.25 MB 
ID:	424135
    Mail CabinClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20220816_100114.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	2.08 MB 
ID:	424136

Tie Canyon:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	imagejpeg_1.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	183.2 KB 
ID:	424137

Loving this August.

^Like
    skid luxury

In case anyone has missed the reams of advertising and promotion (sarcasm), there's another DH race at Targhee tomorrow on the new Sticks and Stones. It's pedally, really pedally, so if you're not really a DH sorta person, and you only own a trail bike, this would be a great opportunity for you to come out and spank some gravity bros. It's gonna be a party. You should come ride and spectate and convince the 'Ghee that there's enough local interest in gravity racing that they should continue this series. Also, if you've never done any gravity racing before and want to try it, I'll cover your entry fee, and if you've got a kiddo that wants to race but can't afford it I'll scholarship them as well. Just trying to get more people stoked on racing bikes on technical trails!

^Damn, I missed it somehow.

Never raced downhill, it might be a bit over my endurobro gnar scale.

In other news, 2 weeks from tomorrow is the Rendezvous enduro. Anyone else signed up?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I tried, but two late spots sold out as soon as they came up. In other news, I probably have a sprained (or even broken) wrist, so Cariboo Jack might be a no go for me this year.

‘22 Teton Region Cycling Thread! Don’t Choke On The Smoke!

We would be doing the targhee dh tomorrow for sure but we’re both working. We’ve done them in the past and they’re a blast.
    As cy mentions Sticks and Stones is more mellow too than typical “downhill” races but so so fun so don’t hold back people
    Damn I’m annoyed more now because I never work saturdays but agreed to awhile ago before seeing this on the calendar.
    East or bust you should definitely go up for the day. winning prizes is fun too
    skid luxury

Obviously I can’t promise we’ll have no-shows opening up spots for on-site registration, but we’ve never had a race without them. And since COVID, no-shows have roughly doubled for whatever reason.

BB: Bummer, would have been rad to have you all!

EOB: Do it! I'll be at Rendezvous painting the race. If you can ride Dirty Harry, Sticks and Stones will be a walk in the park. There's nothing on that trail anything near as gnarly as even the mellow sections of Dirty Harry. It'll be well within your endurbro gnar scale. The ideal bike for this race, in my opinion at least, is something in the 130-150 range. The newly rerouted bottom section is really pedally, it only descends 100ish feet in the last half mile. I was breathing through my eyeballs trying to do 60% of race speed practice runs on Monday.

RideIt: I have one of the really nice Mobius wrist braces you can borrow if you want to push through! I actually go it because I broke my wrist three weeks before the last Cariboo Jack and ended up racing with two Broulims wrist braces doubled up. Obviously not advocating for making injuries worse, but with the Mobius I managed to ride 10 days in the Pisgah and the CJ with a super messed up scaphoid haha.

Cyd, I’ll probably take you up on that. Is it universal? My boo-boo is left wrist. Going to bail on Targhee, but play it by ear for Cariboo Jack. Is anyone coming over here from TV anytime soon?

Cyd, I’ll probably take you up on that. Is it universal? My boo-boo is left wrist. Going to bail on Targhee, but play it by ear for Cariboo Jack. Is anyone coming over here from TV anytime soon?
    Yep, universal. Mine was left too. Holler if anyone is going that way soon and we can arrange a handoff. It's heavily used, but still works fine.

That would be excellent.

Well, I registered for Rendezvous, so I’m optimistic! Is anyone going to Targhee tomorrow that could bring that brace over here?

I’ve only ridden dirty harry once and it kind of kicked my ass. I think once I have some lines figured out it’ll be alright, but riding it blind was a bit of a task.

Some friends are doing a swedish crawfish boil tomorrow. Going to have to settle for a morning philips lap. Good luck to any participating in the Targhee race tomorrow!

Same experience, rode it once on my 140/150 bike, no pads. Lots of tiptoeing and saying ‘oh, shit’.
    Gonna practice on it for a few laps if/when my wrist settles down a bit.
    170/170 and pads should be more…confidence inspiring?

I rode it once last year with a course setting pack on my back. I passed a lot of racers stopped and scouting lines, but don’t have a solid memory of it beyond “raw”. Looking forward to riding it again now that it’s bedded in a bit more.

Any chance anyone is coming over to JH this week, or going to Cariboo Jack from Driggs? Trying to get ahold of Cy's wrist brace...

I’m potentially going to that Wydaho film fest on Friday night, could potentially set up an exchange for before or after with Cyd

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    I’m potentially going to that Wydaho film fest on Friday night, could potentially set up an exchange for before or after with Cyd

I won't be at the film fest because I'll be at the Cariboo Jack rider's meeting, meeting rideit in real life for the first time hahah. I'll probably just hand it off there unless something changes!