Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stikki View Post
    I believe Marker demos have a negative delta, the toes are a mm higher than the heels.
    yeah, they felt slightly toe high compared to pivots, but not like Tectons that I cannot ski any longer (3mm difference compared to Castified Pivots, so 7-8 degrees).

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Should’ve tried them with the demos forward 2! Thanks tho, I’ll be looking for these cheap in the spring
    yeah, that could be worth a try. A -10 mount ski at +2 is still not the same as a -8 mount ski

I would prob go +1 or something like on a pair if they were mine.

I got to ski brand new 23/24 Dispatch 110 184s today. They remind me a lot of Ravens, not so much Hojis.

I liked them, if not as much as D120s that I loved. The pair I skied needed a detune though, so that they were a bit grabby in certain conditions on groomers could play into me not liking them as much as D120s.

The mount point is a bit too far back imho - I would go +1 or perhaps ideally +2. I can see these being a shit ton of fun at speed in all kinds of soft snow - super predictable and super easy to ski.

And yes, demo bindings are no bueno.

Dispatch 120 (in 186) is a fantastic ski. I mounted on the line.

Loves to be pushed. I'm skiing it 100% backcountry. Love the thickness/stiffness under foot & the slarvability. Is that a word?

Anyone with experience on the Dispatch 101 want to comment on whether they ski long/short? Normally, I’d just buy the 182, but I’m tempted to get the 175 to save weight and keep things maneuverable in tight spaces. Looking at this as a steep skiing specific touring ski, for couloirs and spring missions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well, since I have the same kinda lack of resolve as a Biggest Loser contender seeing a hamburger after the show is over, I know have a pair of 186 D120s on the way... Too good a price to not get a pair.

They aree to take the spot of my resort BMT122s now fills. The BMTs will revert back to a back up pair for my touring pair

man, the pow part of my quiver is getting beyond dialed.

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    well, since I have the same kinda lack of resolve as a Biggest Loser contender seeing a hamburger after the show is over, I know have a pair of 186 D120s on the way... Too good a price to not get a pair.

They aree to take the spot of my resort BMT122s now fills. The BMTs will revert back to a back up pair for my touring pair

You should really update us with a quiver pic sometime

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    You should really update us with a quiver pic sometime
    yeah, I will post one as soon as the D120s arrive. It is the smallest it has been in years though, like borderline sensible

I'm coming back to this because I realized you are saying this is going to be your resort powder ski?

I was kind of wondering if this ski could actually be great in resort because, even though it's light, I suspect the metal would dampen the ride some?

Sent from my SM-A536W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

yeah, I will post one as soon as the D120s arrive. It is the smallest it has been in years though, like borderline sensible
    I want to know what border line sensible looks like so I can show my lady I’m not crazy. Or maybe it’ll show me I’ve actually gone totally off the reservation with my quiver

"Unfortunately" it won't quit puking here so I've been on 138s and still haven't had a chance to get the d110s out. At the rate we're going it may be mid March before a 110 is the right tool again

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    I was kind of wondering if this ski could actually be great in resort because, even though it's light, I suspect the metal would dampen the ride some?
    I think they will be good on the deep days around here and for sidehill traversing looking for good snow. We are fortunate enough to get a lot of very good snow though.

They lack the weight of say a BG to hatefuck everything, but their shape, stiffness and construction seemed to make them plenty capable the little I've tried them in tracked out variable and they were freaking great in fresh lines (fresh as in you only cross a few tracks).

And if they end up being too light on any given day, well, then I just bring forth my Koala119s - they are plenty heavy and stiff

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    I want to know what border line sensible looks like so I can show my lady I’m not crazy. Or maybe it’ll show me I’ve actually gone totally off the reservation with my quiver
    show her bry's or bandit's quivers. Theirs are much, much bigger than my quiver. Mine has turned out to be positively puny compared to theirs

I've been aggressively trimming off skis to have as few as is sensible The goal is to have a few skis that does everything pretty well, not a ski for any condition

Does anyone know how thick the edges and bases are on the Dispatch skis?

Given the low overall weight, despite the titanal hex beam, I am concerned about the thickness / durability of the edges. Any comments on durability would be appreciated.

FWIW, I am also in the camp that wishes the mount point was further forward.

Very interested in trying these skis out in a 120. My raven just isn't enough for what we're working with in the Wasatch, especially on high danger days where you need to be fast in lower angle terrain. Also prefer a directional mount and lots of dampning; these sound perfect. Huge fan of the Mindbender 108ti and have a growing sense of trust with what K2 is doing.

Anyone know of a better deal than what's on offer at Snowcountry.eu at the moment?

Quote Originally Posted by PinyonJuniper5 View Post
    Anyone with experience on the Dispatch 101 want to comment on whether they ski long/short? Normally, I’d just buy the 182, but I’m tempted to get the 175 to save weight and keep things maneuverable in tight spaces. Looking at this as a steep skiing specific touring ski, for couloirs and spring missions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    FWIW had the same thoughts and went for the 175. Only skied them a couple days, mostly lift served to get used to them. Happy with the 175. Long radius and stiffness certainly must help.

Ive got 2 days on my 191 110s now. I want to ski them more before I really render judgement. And get over my new-ski hype. But impressions so far are very good. Handling windfucked variable predictably. And they ski 3d snow almost as loosely as full rocker (meridians are the most recent full rocker boards I've owned). Easy to release, easy to steer from the boot. In firm snow the camber is much more apparent, haven't been on anything steep and firm, but I'm optimistic.

I'm generally a bit agnostic about mount points, I've enjoyed skis from -5 to -12, but my preference usually centers in the -8 range. These feel great on line so far, which is like -10 on the 191s, wouldn't change it.

Oh, and I'm 215lbs and these are definitely holding up. No folding or plowing. When you put energy into them they return it. Can't wait to get out on them again.

Edit: Skiing these with Hoji free 130s and raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by WhetherMan View Post
    Ive got 2 days on my 191 110s now.
    How does the 191 feel on the up? I have ravens in a 190, and even at 6'3" they feel like a lot on steep skin track. Can't decide whether to size up or down for the dispatch.

Quote Originally Posted by griffinmyers View Post
    How does the 191 feel on the up? I have ravens in a 190, and even at 6'3" they feel like a lot on steep skin track. Can't decide whether to size up or down for the dispatch.
    to complicate the decision even more -> keep in mind that Dispatches measure true to length whereas Ravens measure in approx 2cm shorter, so a 191 D110 will be 3cm longer than a 190 Raven. The mount point is also different enough that they should kick turn a fair bit differently too.

Quote Originally Posted by griffinmyers View Post
    Well, at 6'6" they feel totally fine, but I'm not sure that's helpful. I also tour on 195s from time to time so these don't feel all that long to me.

Another day another dollar. Got out in some deeper wind "pressed" snow in some narrow chutes and higher speed runouts and I really like how these handled. I think the gap in pivotablity between these and a full rocker ski is for sure noticeable, but so far I really like the compromise they've struck.

[QUOTE=WhetherMan;6817649]Ive got 2 days on my 191 110s now. I want to ski them more before I really render judgement. And get over my new-ski hype. But impressions so far are very good. Handling windfucked variable predictably. And they ski 3d snow almost as loosely as full rocker (meridians are the most recent full rocker boards I've owned). Easy to release, easy to steer from the boot. In firm snow the camber is much more apparent, haven't been on anything steep and firm, but I'm optimistic.

Thanks for this, still noodling whether I need these.

Quote Originally Posted by PinyonJuniper5 View Post
    Just bought a pair in the 175cm length with this in mind. After a few tours I will report back.

Mounted ATK FR14s on some D120s, noticed a strange – very small – deformation/dimple coming off the binding screws:

Name:  Screen Shot 2023-03-24 at 5.41.01 PM.png
Views: 628
Size:  501.1 KB

Couldn't help but pull the heel piece back off and take a look at what was going on. Was worried the screw wasn't sitting properly and was pulling material up out of the core (the bases themselves looked fine, still true).

Name:  Screen Shot 2023-03-24 at 5.40.46 PM.png
Views: 638
Size:  873.1 KBClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2023-03-24 at 5.40.52 PM.png 
Views:	64 
Size:	922.4 KB 
ID:	453039

Looks like the screws just compressed the binding into the topsheet a tiny bit. Bit funky, anyone else notice this on their mount? Maybe K2 experimenting with some material that's a bit softer than typical?

Anyhow, stoked to get these out. Amazingly, they're now both the widest and lightest ski in my quiver.

Maybe its a softer rubber-ish topsheet to add dampness without weight ?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

K2 Dispatch series

Quote Originally Posted by MoeSnow View Post
    Just bought a pair in the 175cm length with this in mind. After a few tours I will report back.
    What do u think of the 101 Dispatches for touring?

Re length. It’s all relative. The K2 177 measures more like a 179cm from another brand? Or other brands measure 2cm short relative to K2s.

Eg straight pull is 177.2cm for the K2 Dispatch 110 in the 177 length.

My 184 Raven straight pulls only 182.2cm?

177.2 x 184/182.2 = 178.95 relative?

Or 182.2 straight - 177.2 straight = 5cm.

184 - 5 diff = 179 relative length.

Or is my Raven really a 182?

I think K2 and ONP3 are the two brands that measure long/true?

So weird. But I’d prefer the Dispatch be 179 than 177.

The 110 Dispatch could be the ski for my ATK 14s? Comor Sports in Vancouver has the 177cm (~179cm) 110 Dispatch marked down to $450CDB

~1,575 gm per ski.

130-110-120 (= Hoji-ish specs),

Larger turn radius (25m?) decent for a 179cm

Only 2-3mm of camber.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by kc_7777; 04-19-2023 at 01:21 AM.

Planning on bringing the 101s on a few spring tours soon. They feel stupid light mounted with some Moment Voyagers. I promise to post some unorganized thoughts within a month or so.

Got a killer deal on some Dispatch 120s in a 186cm length. Probably not going to bother mounting/riding those until next Winter though.

Got a pair of 186 Dispatch 120 mounted with Kingpins at +1 from rec.

Other skis I owned this year, vibrocore Hoji with kingpin on the line, light white and blue Hojji at -1.5 with Mtn, ARG at -1 with Mtn. I like the progressive mounted ski for variable and quick turns but I was really missing something I could high speed turn in pow. I found the forward mounts to be less than desirable for that.

I skied the dispatch 120 on a refrozen garbage day and a dust on crust day. Neither went well, surprise, surprise. The skis were obnoxiously sharp and slow af but more noticeable was they were so light and wide in shitty snow. They feel way lighter than the stated 1900g. It's a light ski.

Got two days in deep blower. After day one I did a 1.5 base bevel from the contact points, filed the edges outside of the widest points, and did a solid detune underfoot. I highly recommend this to make the ski not hook up in variable. Game changer. More importantly, these did exactly what I wanted in pow. More tip, no need to constantly adjust to keep the tip up, big arcing turns, shut down quick.

As for mount... people who like a progressive mount should go +3. I feel no sign of a too forward mount with the detune. For those who love trad skis, go on the line. I think I might remount at +2 just to make them more nimble jump turning in our tight chutes. Or maybe they aren't the ski for that. Compared to Hojis, they ski long, because there is way more tip. I could probably go with the 178 and be super happy.