What phone case now?

Searched and couldn't find a dedicated thread or any recent posts. . "What phone now" doesn't really answer the following question no disrespect to the legendary Iceman:

What phone case now?

Bomber. Mount compatible for bikes. Mount compatible for a ring ding or latch that stands the phone up for table viewing.

Mounts/cases considered so far: quadlock, sp, rokform, mous

I have galaxy s22 ultra, but hope this thread can help others so no need to limit to only Android. Let those poor apple lemmings join in the fun too. (I've been a lemming a few times. )

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Otterbox is all I do. Always bomber, don’t know about mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    Otterbox is all I do. Always bomber, don’t know about mounts.
    Mount compatibility might not be that important.. more of a pipe dream I think given that riding mountain bikes and hard Enduro with a phone might not be a wise decision after all.

What phone case now?

I just got a Quadlock…seems to work well so far with the road bike. I have a bud who rides mtb with his

On other topics
    Ever wonder why the “lemmings” don’t have a thread of their own?
    Cuz it just works

I like Spigen. I also keep my phone in my pocket when I’m on my bike.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    I just got a Quadlock…seems to work well so far with the road bike. I have a bud who rides mtb with his

On other topics
    Ever wonder why the “lemmings” don’t have a thread of their own?
    Cuz it just works
    Probably true. I've gone back and forth a few times, but always end up with Android. Not really sure why.

I've bought from this company before, liked their cases, much more minimalist than otter box: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09PVDWPFD...SN9JM133ZXQK6Z
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Lifeproof used to be the pinnacle in my opinion but now that phones are more water resistant on their own and otter is making more streamlined stuff that’s what I buy. I think Otter bought Lifeproof at some point anyway.

I disdain cases... never had one - never felt uncoordinated enough to need one. Until my phone became a Phablet. The bungling is inevitable.

Went all in on the euro bill fold look. Credit/debit/id & 1 note.

Dribbled like a basket ball and no issues - replaced from wear only. Single handed use from the deck, shitty mountability and having your briefcase in your pocket had me opt to this

https://www.otterbox.com/en-us/clear...ote20-ultra-5g

60 drops? 10 of them absurd. Nary a scratch and trapped the metal ring for a wireless mag mount in the car
    ​I am not in your hurry

I use quad lock for bikes, and motorcycles. I don’t like cases, but this one works fine for mounting. Doesn’t work for wireless charging very well unless you use their charger

Found a mount at a trailhead a dead copy of this. Like the suspension aspect and minimalist hardware. Ease of access if ur route finding or in the pocket it goes.

life cycle of the rubber?
    ​I am not in your hurry

Otterbox has a few different series of cases. Was best known for their Defender that is 3 or 4 pieces and some of them have a screen protector (plastic cover that can get water under them). 2 piece plastic that snap onto the phone clam style, then the outer rubber protection from drops that goes over the back and edges. Then the clip on holster for carrying on the belt.

They do not make Defender for all model phones out there but for the Samsung s22 Ultra they have a Defender and Defender Pro. They have also a Commuter series that is much thinner and also a similar Symmetry series. Neither of the latter 2 have any option for the clip holster, so most that carry in their pocket go for one of those 2 series because of being thinner and much less bulky.

Depends on how rough you are on a phone as well, and if you also do a glass screen protector to protect from some of the impact damage that can happen. There are many band strap or quad style mounts for phones on handlebars including a few from Nite Ize that are general mounts based on the size of your phone (large, extra large, etc.) and then some very phone model specific that are not designed to have another case on the phone and you slide the phone into the mount which in is a harder plastic case that wraps around the phone in some way.

Quote Originally Posted by skinipenem View Post
    Mount compatibility might not be that important.. more of a pipe dream I think given that riding mountain bikes and hard Enduro with a phone might not be a wise decision after all.

Yeah tried the bike mount and thought the constant shaking might eventually ruin the phone. Depending on bike I just put it in my jersey or hydration pack. Never had a problem.
    Always the otterbox defender for me too.

This case saved me from Costanza wallet induced sciatica:
    https://www.amazon.com/Compatible-vC...s%2C116&sr=8-1

And unless you really need to see your phone at all times on your ride, just put it in your pocket. Mounting it on your bike is for dorks.

But if you must, just get a bike mounted device, don't get one built into your case. That's dumb because then you are stuck hauling it around all the time.

Mrs C is rough on phones. She likes the Otterbox cases - and has actually managed to break them once or twice.

I like the Spigen cases mentioned above. They give a little protection - enough if you don't drop it constantly on concrete, and enough raised area where needed to protect camera lenses from scratches - but as slim as possible so they aren't bulky bricks in your pocket.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

I wish there were slimmer cases that came with dust covers for the ports. We've had the dust cover discussion before, the aftermarket plugs are not attached to anything and get lost. I have a Poetic case for my Moto G Power which makes this already Phablet sized phone into a brick sized monstrosity. I have large pockets. It's got a kickstand as I couldn't find a dust cover case without. As pointed out above, not all brands make cases for all phones. OtterBox didn't have what I wanted for this phone. I also never liked the plastic screen protector of the Defender series. I much prefer the tempered glass ones.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    I wish there were slimmer cases that came with dust covers for the ports. We've had the dust cover discussion before, the aftermarket plugs are not attached to anything and get lost. I have a Poetic case for my Moto G Power which makes this already Phablet sized phone into a brick sized monstrosity. I have large pockets. It's got a kickstand as I couldn't find a dust cover case without. As pointed out above, not all brands make cases for all phones. OtterBox didn't have what I wanted for this phone. I also never liked the plastic screen protector of the Defender series. I much prefer the tempered glass ones.
    More than 1 time I've just taken the plastic screen protector off the Otterbox Defender and gotten a glass screen protector. Better touch than the plastic, especially if there is any on screen finger print reader (sometimes you can't use a plastic screen protector at all if you want to use finger print reader.)

Quote Originally Posted by RShea View Post
    More than 1 time I've just taken the plastic screen protector off the Otterbox Defender and gotten a glass screen protector. Better touch than the plastic, especially if there is any on screen finger print reader (sometimes you can't use a plastic screen protector at all if you want to use finger print reader.)
    Yup. And they don't make the Defender for my phone.