Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    Those cuts look way too clean for deer. WTFF is wrong with people?
    Missing leaves - deer. They'll bite 'em off clean. Really, they're worse than rabbits.

I think it was deer too. I was just grumpy and pissed. But it's Friday and I'm going to go ride my bike.
    sigless.

great, I just plucked the fucking goose for some goddamn feathers and boiled up this fucking tar… now what the fuck am I gonna do with this shit?

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    great, I just plucked the fucking goose for some goddamn feathers and boiled up this fucking tar… now what the fuck am I gonna do with this shit?
    Just go to your local trailhead and wait for someone to leave their little colorful dogshit bag on the side of the trail. You’ll find someone worthy pretty quick.

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    Just go to your local trailhead and wait for someone to leave their little colorful dogshit bag on the side of the trail. You’ll find someone worthy pretty quick.
    They even make the shit bags in olive drab now so they’re less offensive and harder to see, progress!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    They even make the shit bags in olive drab now so they’re less offensive and harder to see, progress!

Not camo? With desert and forest versions?

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Not camo? With desert and forest versions?
    Probably, it makes it easier to leave behind if you can’t find it. I really don’t get leaving the bag behind, kicking your dog’s shit off the trail would be better than leaving a shit filled plastic bag.

It's just for deniability. There's no intent to take the shit with them. But if somebody sees the dog shit then they also see the person bagging it. Then they toss the bag when they think nobody can see them do it. But if someone does, they can say they just don't want to carry it with them but they'll get it on the way back. All bullshit for deniability.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    It's just for deniability. There's no intent to take the shit with them. But if somebody sees the dog shit then they also see the person bagging it. Then they toss the bag when they think nobody can see them do it. But if someone does, they can say they just don't want to carry it with them but they'll get it on the way back. All bullshit for deniability.
    So it’s virtue signaling to bag the shit? Best use of the phrase I think.

Ha, this comes up so often and triggers people so much. I bag my dogs shit, leave it and then pick it up on the way back. Neon green bags, haven’t missed one yet. So many trail Karen’s these days.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    I bag my dogs shit, leave it and then pick it up on the way back. Neon green bags, haven’t missed one yet.
    Interestingly, 100% of dog owners I’ve surveyed also report that they also pick up the bag on the way out!
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Ha, this comes up so often and triggers people so much. I bag my dogs shit, leave it and then pick it up on the way back. Neon green bags, haven’t missed one yet. So many trail Karen’s these days.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Good for you, you’re not the person we’re talking about. I’ve seen the same bags of shit for weeks. I’m not sure we’re the ones being triggered here

Poop sin confessional: I will sometimes bury it under a log or a big rock or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Interestingly, 100% of dog owners I’ve surveyed also report that they also pick up the bag on the way out!
    I may have mentioned this before, but my wife confronted a neighbor a while back: woman on her cell watches the dog poop, bags it, drops it by the sidewalk and walks away so my wife calls out helpfully "Hey! You forgot your poop!" Woman was so flustered she ended her call to come discuss it, most memorably including "We always bag hers. Ours are the pink bags!"

I highly doubt her pooch is responsible for all the pink bags. But she gets the blame because we feel like that's what she wanted. Apparently pink is real popular here.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    I may have mentioned this before, but my wife confronted a neighbor a while back: woman on her cell watches the dog poop, bags it, drops it by the sidewalk and walks away so my wife calls out helpfully "Hey! You forgot your poop!" Woman was so flustered she ended her call to come discuss it, most memorably including "We always bag hers. Ours are the pink bags!"

I highly doubt her pooch is responsible for all the pink bags. But she gets the blame because we feel like that's what she wanted. Apparently pink is real popular here.
    Face palm. We are doomed.

Am I alone in being seriously irritated by dog people that leave their bagged shit in my garbage can if I don't bring it in from the curb fast enough? For god's sake take your own shit home! Why does it become my problem? I have enough shit of my own to deal with, and I don't even have a fucking dog.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Wait .... people just give you shit?!?!?
    Around here, they're always stealing shit.

Seems like I've seen more deer around this year than normal, but it also seems like more random assholes driving around this year than usual as well. They circle my neighborhood and I'd be surprised if they weren't heading up Basin's way as well. My guess is someone is getting Basin's roses for mother's day. People suck.

Had the dogs out briefly in our fenced front yard the other day. The new puppy is a barker (at everything) and one of our older dogs will chime in for moral support, even if he doesn't know why we're barking in the first place. Thing 3 has health issues, and rarely barks anymore, but will if the thing 1 and 2 get him going. I'm keeping an eye through the storm door when a county co-worker walks by and tells all 3 of them to shut up. The dogs are typically never in the yard more than 5 min, so don't just stay out there barking for hours on end, but I too get annoyed by yapping dogs in fenced yards, so I guess neither of us are amused?

The puppy trying to chase cars from inside the fence though is pure hilarity!
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

Vineyards plant rose's at the end of rows to distract the deer from the grapes.

Deer like bright flowers. I used to love to plant geraniums in pots all around my patio and walk but the deer love them too and all I ended up with were stems and leaves. Then I switched to all petunias because they had left those alone. Now without the geraniums they've decided thre petunias are tasty.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Don’t even need a big dog:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	42E3AE73-98C2-4A8A-88F2-BF3C25287318.jpeg 
Views:	82 
Size:	686.0 KB 
ID:	415613
    One night our cocker and cockapoo chased a bear back up the hill. An aggressive attitude can make up for a lack of size and strength. Except when it doesn't.

Am I alone in being seriously irritated by dog people that leave their bagged shit in my garbage can if I don't bring it in from the curb fast enough? For god's sake take your own shit home! Why does it become my problem? I have enough shit of my own to deal with, and I don't even have a fucking dog.
    Around here they like to leave it in the yard waste bin. Then the garbage people see it and won't pick up the yard waste.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Around here they like to leave it in the yard waste bin. Then the garbage people see it and won't pick up the yard waste.
    This has also happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Good for you but there's so many assholes who leave the bags behind that you gotta understand why it triggers people. And every one of those assholes would say they're coming back for it later if asked, so besides your trustworthy face, what reason do people have to believe you when you say you're coming back?

I was throwing them in the portapottie at the halfway point of our regular route, I even asked on here what people thought about that. Opinios were somewhat divided. My theory was the pump would just suck the bag up when they cleaned the thing out, so I figured no harm no foul.

One day I went in there to toss one and there was a handwritten note on the wall that said "Please don't throw your dog shit bags in here it clogs the pump". So that was the end of that.

Those cuts look way too clean for deer. WTFF is wrong with people?
    This
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix