North Shore Betty

This showed up in my feed. Pretty inspirational...and more proof that I suck at MTB

TLDR; Go watch, top athletes still doing incredible things at advanced age.

Watched it at lunch and enjoyed. My only counterpoint is it sounds like she was already an incredible athlete prior to starting bikes. So in the Wayne Gretzky POV that multiple sports lead to overall better athleticism can't say I'm really surprised. Don't get me wrong, awesome that at 73 she's still ripping. Gives hope to us all, provided you have similar level of overall innate natural ability and years of top level sports experience

Awesome! I think Old Man Peter Morin is still doing his thing on the Shore too. He's got to be almost 80 now.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Awesome! I think Old Man Peter Morin is still doing his thing on the Shore too. He's got to be almost 80 now.
    Pete is 82. Still doing trailwork. Inspirational for sure

Awesome to watch, great video.

I’ve got some clients that are in their early to mid-60s that absolutely rip. It’s pretty inspirational to see them hang with guys that are 20-30 years younger.

I’ve always wondered who was the first Shred Betty. Pioneering the North Shore of Maui and Vancouver is impressive.

the north shore is where all the free ride stuf started
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    So rad. There is this guy who is a fixture in Oakridge, OR.....I think from SoCal, but always at Oakridge. I followed him down a shuttle trail there last summer. I'm guessing he's 65. He rips harder than just about anyone I know who rides/races between the ages of 25-35. Can't remember his name, but I think he shuttles Oakridge like 5-6 days a week all summer long.

Cool and inspirational, thanks for posting.

We've got a roadie here who is 72 who can hang with all but the strongest. Obviously we all wonder what the hell he's taking. And then we collectively agree that whatever it is, good for him!

One of the most impressive things about her from that video is she's had significant injuries but has recovered from them to still ride at a high level at that age. Super cool.