Black Crows Camox vs Freebird for touring?

I have Dynastar Mythic 97s as my only ski. I solely ski mountaineer.

Ive tried skinnier and wider and this is the width for me. But in the end they're a 1450g ski and ski like it.

I want to upgrade, looking at Camox and Camox Freebird

Is the Freebird very similar to the mythics?

Is the Camox a much more skiable ski than either?

Check out the Black Crows Solis, weight is in between the Camox Freebird and standard Camox, with a shape specifically designed for ski mountaineering that is also quite versatile across backcountry conditions

Oh my it's perfect! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by sharkk View Post
    I have Dynastar Mythic 97s as my only ski. I solely ski mountaineer.

Ive tried skinnier and wider and this is the width for me. But in the end they're a 1450g ski and ski like it.

I want to upgrade, looking at Camox and Camox Freebird

Is the Freebird very similar to the mythics?

Is the Camox a much more skiable ski than either?
    Haven't skied the Mythic, I've been on the Camox FB and ski the normal Camox at the resort.

The Camox FB slots in similarly to what I'm seeing with the Mythic. The FB has little more tail splay, is a little looser, compared to the more traditional design on the Mythic. For CO/continental snowpack (you?), and in general, the FB is pretty well loved for it's versatility and ski feel for it's weight.

I ski the 186 Camox as an everyday ski. I really like it at the resort - lots of energy and poppy, good edge hold if you lay into it. It's not particularly heavy (though 1800g for a sub-100mm ski is a bit much in this era) and the main shape differences are that it has a bit longer camber and a bit more rise in the tail compared to the FB. The FB has a fatter tip and a more tapered tail.

Solis could be good; a bit more specialized but ultimately a bit of an extension of the design surrounding the Mythic.

If the snow you encounter is hard some times I would recommend the Solis over the camox or the FB. The Solis is a machine. And it skis great, pivots, slashes but plenty of stuff effective edge. It walks awesome as well.