On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane

WTB: Lighter carbon 29er wheelset for lady friend

XD Driver. Something lighter and snappier than the RF Arc30s on her Hightower would help her some....maybe?

I have a pair of 100/142 reynolds carbon rims. Super light. Removable end caps. I think you can convert to boost?

What’s the budget and target weight? Here are some options in Pocatello and Provo. I’m guessing the syncros are overkill, but at least you don’t have to check spokes.

Syncros Silverton SL https://classifieds.ksl.com/listing/67748334

Roval Traverse Carbon https://classifieds.ksl.com/listing/67690120

Quote Originally Posted by Kootenai View Post
    I have a pair of 100/142 reynolds carbon rims. Super light. Removable end caps. I think you can convert to boost?
    Hmmm, kinda hate dealing with and buying different endcaps, but for the right price.....do you have any more info on these? What hubs?

Quote Originally Posted by g_man80 View Post
    What’s the budget and target weight? Here are some options in Pocatello and Provo. I’m guessing the syncros are overkill, but at least you don’t have to check spokes.

Syncros Silverton SL https://classifieds.ksl.com/listing/67748334

Roval Traverse Carbon https://classifieds.ksl.com/listing/67690120
    Those rovals may be the ticket. Not sure she is ready to stomach $1000-1500 wheels, but the wheels are almost the most important part in my opinion and shes got a $5000 bike anyway with some pretty crap wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Hmmm, kinda hate dealing with and buying different endcaps, but for the right price.....do you have any more info on these? What hubs?

Those rovals may be the ticket. Not sure she is ready to stomach $1000-1500 wheels, but the wheels are almost the most important part in my opinion and shes got a $5000 bike anyway with some pretty crap wheels.
    My reynolds from 2019 use I9 Torch hubs. Not sure if they've changed since then but they're quality wheels.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Remember that endcaps won't fix rotor spacing. You'd have to shim the rotors (or the caliper, if the frame and/or fork are IS mount).

If you're going to spend > $1000 I'd just get the Roval Carbon wheels new. Lifetime-ish warranty for $1350.

Just went through the same thought process for my wife's bike. Ended up having BTLOS build up a set for her. Made the order April 4th and they showed up today. 1430 grams for 27.5" 30mm internal width rims laced with CX-Rays to I9 hubs. $1450 and 3.5 year warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Remember that endcaps won't fix rotor spacing. You'd have to shim the rotors (or the caliper, if the frame and/or fork are IS mount).
    Absolutely true. Wolf Tooth makes the Boostinator conversion kits for I9 and DT that include axle endcaps and rotor spacers. I think there are others like MRP also.

That said, if you're gonna shell out for some blingy wheels, I prolly wouldn't wanna deal with that stuff. It also negates the (possibly negligible) benefit of wider hub flange spacing for better spoke bracing angles.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

WTB: Lighter carbon 29er wheelset for lady friend

Yeah, it may be a little science project to get dimensions right if you’re boost. I had them on a Niner hardtail with qr. they come with TA endcaps. Reynold hubs HG driver. 600 shipped or delivered to Bozeman. I will even throw in the Bontrager tires mounted on them.

Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit View Post
    My reynolds from 2019 use I9 Torch hubs. Not sure if they've changed since then but they're quality wheels.
    Were they rebranded I9 hubs? Mine look like I9 but say Reynolds on them.

I have some of the Stan's CB7 wheels I'm looking to move.

Crest CB7 Front
    Arch CB7 Rear

Ridden by my wife's bike (110lbs rider) and thinking $500 seems like a good deal. Boost spacing.

Edit: looks like they’re sold

Another wheelset just listed south of SLC. I think he’s a little off on the specs assuming they are the last generation Control Carbon. Should be 25mm internal and 1610grams.

2020 Roval Control Carbon $500
    https://classifieds.ksl.com/listing/67764195
    Last edited by g_man80; 05-04-2022 at 08:43 AM.

Roost Wheels i28XC or i31AM

There is no other answer for that price range. The good news is that they are awesome wheels and a great company.

https://roostwheels.com/

$995... or $1245 for DT240
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Roost Wheels i28XC or i31AM

There is no other answer for that price range. The good news is that they are awesome wheels and a great company.

https://roostwheels.com/

$995... or $1245 for DT240
    Awesome. Have you ridden their own brand of hubs?

Awesome. Have you ridden their own brand of hubs?
    Yes. For years. They are made by Chosen. Not as light as DT, but less expensive, very reliable, sound great, and 2.4deg 150T engagement.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Yes. For years. They are made by Chosen. Not as light as DT, but less expensive, very reliable, sound great, and 2.4deg 150T engagement.
    Awesome. Thanks. This may be a good choice for her when she can ride again. Hopefully in a month instead of 5 months like me.