Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Hold on. What sort of broads are keen on getting fucked in a Sienna?
    Let's ask Fred, he seems to have some ideas about the ladies in that Upstate trailer park he's eyeing.
    I still call it The Jake.

I started driving minivans when I was about 25 cause they were free company cars. Usually loaded with ski gear, golf clubs and windsurfing shit. Plenty of single women are willing to get it on in a minivan if you have just a little ability to make women laugh and a few dollars for drinks.

I have over a hundred nights sleeping in an Outback, but I don’t hang out in it. Good gas mileage, better handling than a van as good clearance and off-road capabilities as a rav4

Quote Originally Posted by fatnslow View Post
    I started driving minivans when I was about 25 cause they were free company cars. Usually loaded with ski gear, golf clubs and windsurfing shit. Plenty of single women are willing to get it on in a minivan if you have just a little ability to make women laugh and a few dollars for drinks.
    I assume this was before Venmo, and you just paid cash afterwards?

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Let's ask Fred, he seems to have some ideas about the ladies in that Upstate trailer park he's eyeing.
    Fred's a go getter. I see a lucrative future as king of Upstate chattel housing.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Suburban housewife's
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

[QUOTE=Timberridge;6603743]I assume this was before Venmo, and you just paid cash afterwards?

Still pay cash, wife would see the Venmo. If a lady wasn't impressed with my quiver of toys it was a no-go back in the day.

Too bad the used car market is so crazy right now. I was ready roll out a system of selling used minivans with step by step system to under 40 males just for meeting/banging divorced MILF's. You only have to see them every other weekend/Wed when the kids are with their dads. No self respecting mom wants their fuck buddy around their kids so you have all the time you want for leisure activities. Something like DTF-MILF WAGON SYSTEMS

Too bad the used car market is so crazy right now. I was ready roll out a system of selling used minivans with step by step system to under 40 males just for meeting/banging divorced MILF's. You only have to see them every other weekend/Wed when the kids are with their dads. No self respecting mom wants their fuck buddy around their kids so you have all the time you want for leisure activities. Something like DTF-MILF WAGON SYSTEMS
    I feel like you and Fred should talk.
    I still call it The Jake.

<snip> If a lady wasn't impressed with my quiver of toys it was a no-go back in the day.
    If a woman won't shag because of the vehicle you're drivin'... good fuckin' riddance.

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    AWD Ford transit high roof van. Simple build, changes everything.
    Where the fuck do you find one in stock.

My beloved Chevy AWD is dying a slow death. Cancer mostly.
    Been dreaming of AWD transits.

Name:  simpsons-i-wish-to-subscribe-to-your-newsletter.gif
Views: 311
Size:  446.5 KB

I like it. But I suspect that in 2022 it would be DTF-MILF WGN SYSTMS. Vowels are so 2015.

I stand by the minivan rec. The hybrid Sienna is the only new vehicle I'd consider at the moment. However, the newest 4-wheeler in my quiver is a 2004 1T GMC work van. I'm much more of the $1000 car with $20,000 of bikes on it tribe.

When I was younger and living in a '72 VW Transporter, ladies were remarkably not phased. I really don't think the ones that are worth bothering with will see a minivan as a problem.

My 1990 Toyota pickup gets better mileage than what guys are quoting for Tacos. Wtf?
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    Apologies to anyone eyeing this beauty:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/20391964477...8AAOSwFkNiUdCQ
    That’s a steal. Nice. Low miles.
    Would be a sweet conversion.

Plus, with the lift you can start banging obese thicc women and wheelchair bound desperadoes

A lot of these suggestions seem to be directed to a sort of "hold your nose, jump into the deep end of the divorcee pool" type lifestyle. I wonder if a nice hatchback like a Golf GTI or similar may be a better way to ease into things? They get along pretty well in the snow with decent snow tires and are fun to drive.

Pulled up by a GTI yesterday and smiled with a fond memory of my hawt hatchback days. I love those cars.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

A lot of these suggestions seem to be directed to a sort of "hold your nose, jump into the deep end of the divorcee pool" type lifestyle. I wonder if a nice hatchback like a Golf GTI or similar may be a better way to ease into things? They get along pretty well in the snow with decent snow tires and are fun to drive.
    I need AWD, decent clearance, and space for camping trips. I think a RAV4 is about as small as I could go.

The Sienna is looking mighty appealing

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    If you are considering a mini van, get a real van. One you can stand up and walk around in. No kids correct?

You'll be so styling. Build it yourself. Easy.
    I somewwhat disagree, well I do if this is a lone vehicle doing a lot of miles. The Sienna/Pacifica get over 30 miles per gallon (the Sienna is 36). On a trip to the desert that is - say - 150 miles each way, a Transit would cost over $50 more in gas (Needing 20 gallons vs. less than 10 at $5 a gallon). Unless I'm camping out of the van a LOT of the time, you can pay me $50 to change clothes without standing up.

They're also comfortable and relatively easy to park. They are also 1-2.5 feet longer than the minivan in their shortest configuration (depending on whether you want a medium or high roof). That combined with the fact that even the medium roof being higher than some garages can handle makes it a much less convenient vehicle in some ways for every day life (though it also depends on where you live/how much you drive).

Now, that all being said, I would LOVE to have a Transit/Sprinter kitted out for adventure stuff. Tons of people daily drive big trucks that are just as long with equally bad gas mileage (though they're usually not as tall). Still, if it was my only vehicle, I think that a minivan is a much better compromise. I got a Transit Connect (the new crop of hybrid minivans wasn't out yet) and it is a great adventure platform if the issue is hauling people/gear rather than navigating difficult terrain.

I will note that the new, super efficient Sienna is somewhat compromised as a cargo hauler/adventure conversion platform. The middle seats don't come out easily and the aerodynamic sloping rear roofline give you less space and make it less useable compared to something like a boxy old gen version, Transit Connect, or similar. I was considering getting one but then didn't love it when I saw it in person. But we have two cars so a boxy van and a smaller car can complement each other. The efficiency would win me over if it was a lone vehicle though.

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post

Ok fine. But my heart breaks a bit when I hear stuff like this.

The other thing i think you might want to consider is the Ford Maverick. Kind of depends on how quickly you need it as they are scarce at the moment and so hard to find (especially without a markup), but if this drags out and you don't need one this month the Maverick seems like a nice compromise between efficiency and stuffy you can haul. You can't sleep in it, but you can haul bikes/motorcycles in the bed. It comes with a bit more ground clearance than some other efficient options so you wouldn't have to do as much as you would with the Sienna for dirt roads.

Timberridge clearly hasn't spent any time at climbing areas in the desert if he thinks a pimped out Sienna somehow deters hot women.

I need AWD, decent clearance, and space for camping trips. I think a RAV4 is about as small as I could go.

I think there are 5 Siennas in my close circle of friends. They work great for what you describe, and are infinitely more comfortable to drive than my '99 4runner (almost any modern car would be).

Recommend me an new car in 2022

Have you checked out the Nissan Rogue? I never thought I’d ever recommend a Nissan to anyone but was given a donor vehicle for a weekend in 2019 when I totaled my old car and it was actually pretty nice.

Someone at work has one with a small lift (1-2”) and it has similar if not slightly more clearance than a stock outback. I stretched the legs on that donor car pretty well and was highly impressed.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1651176684.360682.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	207.7 KB 
ID:	414671

My only hesitation would be interior cargo space. The seats on the 2019 I demo’d didn’t fold flat, that may be different on the current model. Probably similar to RAV4.

He's in Utah, not New Jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    When I was younger and living in a '72 VW Transporter, ladies were remarkably not phased.
    Makes sense, but they all grew up and have higher standards now. The Uncle Rico vibe isn't as cool as the young dirtbag vibe, sorry. But yes, a brand new pimped out Sienna would be a head turner in Indian creek climbing areas. And man, sure the Rad4 is smaller compared to a 4R and Tacoma but the gas mileage is soooo much better for that compromise!

Quote Originally Posted by easyrdr View Post
    Can't go wrong with a 4runner or tacoma you can get new right around mid $40's and you know you'll be good for at least 250K miles.
    ^ Solid advice. speaking as a CPA, the historical model of buying at a discount right around the first matience sequence just don't apply in this market, and I don't think we know yet what the new model will look like. So going new is the new used.

The key, though, is to buy the damn thing take care of it and keep it to 200k miles at least. I bought my 2001 Solara convertible in 2010 for I think 8k with 70k-ish miles. Now at 265; with a new tranny being the biggest $$ and it's goin strong. By far the cheepest car i've ever had, to own. Toyo specialty shops on every corner and tons of parts. etc.
    "Can't you see..."