Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
    Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    All of tgapps threads are mega

Here’s hope: https://opposite-lock.com/topic/1250...dai-santa-cruz
    I know this car isn't for everyone but it does work really well for me. I need an SUV 90% of the time and a small truck 10% of the time, and this is a nice middle ground. It drives extremely well, the truck bed is big enough for my needs, and the rear seats are more comfortable than most trucks while not being as comfortable as a full SUV.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    I know this car isn't for everyone but it does work really well for me. I need an SUV 90% of the time and a small truck 10% of the time, and this is a nice middle ground. It drives extremely well, the truck bed is big enough for my needs, and the rear seats are more comfortable than most trucks while not being as comfortable as a full SUV.

Can you fit two bikes over the tailgate? A Santa Cruz or Maverick may be the wife's next ride.

I just wanted to throw this out there a friend who lives near Truckee recently bought a 4 cylinder diesel Chevrolet truck. Medium size 4 wd drive. It’s nice to ride in. Gets 25. To 28 mpg. He’s happy with it. And after spending a few hours as a passenger I was not uncomfortable. The world is changing.

Might want to look at this
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Can you fit two bikes over the tailgate? A Santa Cruz or Maverick may be the wife's next ride.
    Sure can

Sure can

Sick. Congrats on the new whip!

Nicely done! Ms Boissal drove one when she was car shopping but didn't like the looks. I was more excited about it than the Tucson she ended up getting but I was told to STFU and keep driving my Forester.
    I've secretly wanted a Baja forever, the SantaCruz is the modern take on that.
    To continue shitting of Toyota, the car you really wanted is the Hilux. Their best truck by a fucking landslide so off course it's impossible to get in the US and we're stuck with POS guzzlers like the Taco.

Btw, I can hear your left stanchions screaming for help in that pic...
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Sure can

Objection, Your Honor! I object!! Vehemently!

Sure can
    It's truck muffin top!

I kid, glad you're stoked on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Btw, I can hear your left stanchions screaming for help in that pic...
    tgapp is a smart enough guy that I have to think he put them in there without a pad for the pic and isn't actually driving around like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    It's truck muffin top!

I kid, glad you're stoked on it.

tgapp is a smart enough guy that I have to think he put them in there without a pad for the pic and isn't actually driving around like that.
    ha, yeah, i just barely put them in (gently) and took the pic. i have a pad coming...tomorrow? likely going to end up using a hitch-mounted bike rack.

and yeah, it's a modern baja, with a respectable (5,000lb) towing capacity, a comfy interior, and decent gas mileage (i'm getting an average of 26mpg, not great, not terrible)

I've put a mean scratch in the R stanchion of my Mezzer by letting the bike slide against a wooden picnic table last year. I am VERY sensitive to stanchion abuse.

Sounds like the SF would tick all my boxes too. Apparently there's a hybrid and EV version coming, definitely an early contender to replace my Forester.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Congrats! Now you need to start shopping for the steel bumpers, bed rack, winches, rooftop tent, condiment containers, traction plates, 6 bike vertical rack, knobby tires, etc. necessary to become the first Santa Cruz in the GOTOS thread

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    I am VERY sensitive to stanchion abuse.
    If your stanchion is getting abused you might want to take a few days off to let it recover.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    If your stanchion is getting abused you might want to take a few days off to let it recover.
    Good point, I need to stop laying it against random picnic tables...