Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Looking at a Santa Cruz right now. I know that this car doesn't make sense for a lot of people, but it makes a lot of sense for me I think. Would like a Maverick but I can go home today with all the features I want, no market adjustment charge, and a decent vehicle.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Well done. Perfect vehicle for transporting trash cans full of ardex.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

how are you going to transport skis with the Santa Cruz?

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    how are you going to transport skis with the Santa Cruz?

Roof rack or rocket box

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    I've had better experience at Hyundai dealerships than domestic. FWIW I've purchased both a Hyundai and a Chevrolet brand new and shopped/test driven at almost every mainstream brand.

I think bad dealers are dealer specific, not brand specific.
    Probably true at the dealer level but different on the aggregate. savagegeese, a YouTuber who seems to like quite a few Korean cars, said it's an issue their reps acknowledge and especially problematic when trying to sell higher-end models like Genesis and Stinger. Like, dealers who happen to be at press events bragging about taking customers to the cleaners like it's a good long-term strategy. TruCoat salesmanship.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Probably true at the dealer level but different on the aggregate. savagegeese, a YouTuber who seems to like quite a few Korean cars, said it's an issue their reps acknowledge and especially problematic when trying to sell higher-end models like Genesis and Stinger. Like, dealers who happen to be at press events bragging about taking customers to the cleaners like it's a good long-term strategy. TruCoat salesmanship.
    Passed on the trucoat

Passed on any other value adds

Got weather mats thrown in for free

Paid MSRP, in house financing at the credit union I wanted to work with

Very low pressure sale.

And how could you not buy from a guy wearing a Pacman suitcoat?

Sounds like you got what you wanted. Congrats!

Wow...

When he went in the back to pretend to ask about the TruCoat, this is who he was talking to

Name:  H.M._Howling_Mad_Murdock.jpg
Views: 428
Size:  42.6 KB

i dont know

Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    And how could you not buy from a guy wearing a Pacman suitcoat?
    How could I. Not stop laughing. Wtf.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Wow...

When he went in the back to pretend to ask about the TruCoat, this is who he was talking to

Name:  H.M._Howling_Mad_Murdock.jpg
Views: 428
Size:  42.6 KB
    Well since it’s Murdock Hyundai.
    A team all the way.

If you’re looking at a santa cruz, check out the honda ridgeline. I have a 2019 and it’s been great.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    That would be a bummer if true, forgive me for having close to zero interest in full sized truck platforms save to keep myself educated on the general tech etc. I thought the new platform (Tundra, Sequoia) did see vastly improved real world mpg but sounds like I might be wrong.
    There's fairly credible speculation from Toyota forums that the next gen 4Runner won't share any powerplants with the Tundra. The rumors are two 4 cylinder options: a turbo 2.4L matched with an 8 speed auto, and the A25A hybrid powerplant from the current Highlander.

The TNGA platform is theoretically lighter than the 20 year old frame it currently sits on, and it'll definitely have electric steering. The non-hybrid version will remain 2wd with part-time 4wd. All of that should add up to significant improvement in fuel economy.

However Toyota isn't immune from supply chain issues, so it's looking like a possible one year push back for both the 4R, and the Tacoma.

The Pac-Man suit coat looks like a must-have on semi warm ski days as a new soft shell option.

I don’t understand why mid-size is being discussed for camping. Compacts work well for camping, too.

Came in to say it's only a 660 pound payload - looks like I'm late and you got what you wanted - congrats! Now go to the truck thread and flex that shit.

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    Came in to say it's only a 660 pound payload - looks like I'm late and you got what you wanted - congrats! Now go to the truck thread and flex that shit.
    Yep, but if I'm realistic with my needs, that's more than enough for me. This checks all the boxes, and the fact that I got 31mpg driving home from SLC (representative of a lot of my driving) is just peachy.

^^ sweet ride ! ^^

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    savagegeese, a YouTuber who seems to like quite a few Korean cars...
    highly recommend that you see if savagegeese has a video on whatever car you're interested in.

edit: I see you pulled the trigger on the Santa Cruz, cool. But still savageeese is pretty much nails for future reference.

Yeah bud, congrats. That will be sweet!

This has to be the speediest "what car should I buy" / "bought one!" thread in the history of TGR.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    This has to be the speediest "what car should I buy" / "bought one!" thread in the history of TGR.
    Well, after spending the better part of Friday afternoon on the phone with dealers, I came to the conclusion that finding virtually anything in stock was highly unlikely, and I needed something sooner rather than later. This car checks a lot of boxes for me, and at the end of the day, I'm not a car guy. Happy to have this box checked.

Got 30mpg on the way home, which for a car that gives me 90% of the utility that a Tacoma would, is pretty damn livable.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    All of tgapps threads are mega

Here’s hope: https://opposite-lock.com/topic/1250...dai-santa-cruz

Nice, tgapp. I saw one parked yesterday and stopped to look given the conversation here. My son absolutely loved it and wanted us to get one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    I was definitely being an ass when I posted his freshly totaled car to craigslist, but IIRC Jim just rolled with the punches on that one.

It's too bad he lost the election... Ms Speaker, I'm proposing an amendment to this bill to deem the first seven days of February to be "Maggot Week" at all American ski areas
    Haha, I had no idea you did that. Pretty funny if you ask me.

It would be nice if James Piotrowski would pop in once in a while, if anything just to rustle some jimmies.

And let us make endless flipped car jokes.
    I still call it The Jake.

^^ My first car was the Mazda equivalent to that. RWD, 4cyl and a manual. I drove it to be a lifty at Fernie for the winter and on the way back east drove from Vancouver to Boston (and then back to Ontario). I really liked that truck, it never gave me any serious issues and was surprisingly useful.

Congrats on the Santa Cruz, they are definitely something different. I really like the balance of comfort and utility they provide.

FYI, for anyone buying a Rav4 Hybrid, they are having corrosion issues with the power cable for the hybrid system. So far Toyota have not been covering it under the hybrid warranty. If you live in an area that uses salt I would consider waiting until they've sorted this out.

https://www.rav4world.com/threads/hi...roblem.318314/