Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Any rumors of hybrid/all-electric offerings from Mazda any time soon?
    They have an all electric cross over available now, but it's only sold in CA and isn't really competitive in much (save starting price) given that it has like 100 miles or range. It's likely just to satisfy CA rules.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Does it?
    In terms of sales and recognition, I would say Mazda is definitely slept on. They may get cross-shopped but it's usually after Toyota and Honda. Last time I looked Mazda had like 2% of US market share. Several reasons for that including some they could manage better. File their motorsports participation and support under great little company. I've mentioned it in the past but Mazda is the only company I know that has a grassroots parts program.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Any rumors of hybrid/all-electric offerings from Mazda any time soon?
    Perpetual rumors: compression-ignition gas engines, rotary range extenders, BEV, RWD architecture. Toyota and Mazda are intertwined now so there will be cross-platforming going forward and I would guess Toyota hybrid trickles in but that is only a guess. Mazda wants to go upscale but they tried that before and abandoned it. The MX-30 is a retrofitted afterthought.

When my wife was looking I test drove a plug in hybrid Outlander.

https://www.mitsubishicars.com/cars-...outlander-phev

I liked it. Wife went the a hybrid CRV which is a piece of shit and she regrets the purchase (actually a lease).

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I think people are pretty spot on about the current 4Runner. Redesign should be 2023 and will hopefully have a hybrid option with much better gas mileage. We have a 2003, and really other than the fact that it has a 4 speed rather than the 5 speed, it is the same truck as the 2022. If someone really wants a 4Runner buy a 15 year old one, spend $1000 on the suspension. Same thing. It is why we still have the 03. Also, not a daily driver because the mileage is absolute garbage for what it is.

https://www.edmunds.com/toyota/4runner/2023/

My top picks to replace wife's Prius V if it blows up tmmrw are Rav4 Hybrid (Prime unavailable here), Forester, Outback, Prius AWD, Sienna AWD (but she doesn't want it).

Honda Pilot is a good buy right now new, and it kind of bridges the gap of what you seem to be looking at. You can find them at dealers because demand for them is middling.
    Last edited by uglymoney; 04-29-2022 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post

Honda Pilot is a good buy right now new, and it kind of bridges the gap of what you seem to be looking at. You can find them at dealers because demand for them is middling.
    Careful now, don't want him to end up upside down on a dry road now, do ya?

(by the way, did Pio delete all of the pics of his Pilot here?)
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    I want the new V Dub electric van. When that comes out one, of the 3 present cars, heck maybe two are gone.
    The Canoo should start hitting the roads at the end of the year too

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	canoo.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	353.1 KB 
ID:	414800

Tgapp - I'd skip the Taco/4R bro badge and get an economical Rav4/Bronco/OutlanderPHEV/Subaru. If you're primarily skiing and biking around UT, that will cover your bases and your wallet nicely.

^^^
    But can you get laid in that thing?

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    I think people are pretty spot on about the current 4Runner. Redesign should be 2023 and will hopefully have a hybrid option with much better gas mileage.
    Tundra hybrid specs suggest that a 4Runner hybrid will have more power without improved MPG.

(by the way, did Pio delete all of the pics of his Pilot here?)

My 4 nieces who were looking in this price range bought Mazdas. All like them, zero issues.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    The Canoo should start hitting the roads at the end of the year too

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	canoo.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	353.1 KB 
ID:	414800

Tgapp - I'd skip the Taco/4R bro badge and get an economical Rav4/Bronco/OutlanderPHEV/Subaru. If you're primarily skiing and biking around UT, that will cover your bases and your wallet nicely.
    Canoo might not even start shipping cars the way they are bleeding talent and money.

Hybrid Siennas have a 1500W outlet. You could run yourself a little Breville Bambino off that.

Thinking about a 2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz. Seems like just enough truck for my needs. Talk me out of it?

SEL premium.

Mom has one, 2019 model. It’s a solid vehicle.
    Dad has a Veracruz. Little bigger and I’d actually love one if they still made it.

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    Thinking about a 2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz. Seems like just enough truck for my needs. Talk me out of it?

SEL premium.
    Family member that only drive euros for decades bought one a few years ago and they love it.

Quote Originally Posted by fatnslow View Post
    Family member that only drive euros for decades bought one a few years ago and they love it.
    Santa Cruz, not Santa Fe. It's their Tucson-turned-baby truck. Think Subaru Baja.

Ready to get flamed to shit in the Trucks thread.

Recommend me an new car in 2022

That thing is fugly as hell but it’s got the exact same functionality as a Tacoma, is way cheaper and gets better gas mileage. IMO the Tacoma and 4Runner are 2 of the worst possible vehicles on the market, massively overpriced. An outback can do every a 4Runner can do for 10k less. Tacoma is just a joke, besides being reliable I can’t think of a single positive thing to say about it. Uncomfortable, not capable, crappy gas mileage for a “truck”, but everyone thinks they’re cool rigs. Maybe a single cab short bed Tacoma might be good for wheeling, but horrible for everything else and there’s better wheeling vehicles too.

And if you have a Costco membership, that’s a great way to buy a car. Zero haggling and good price. Outback we got through Costco and Nate wade was an unbelievably easy buying experience.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Santa Cruz, not Santa Fe. It's their Tucson-turned-baby truck. Think Subaru Baja.

Ready to get flamed to shit in the Trucks thread.
    I'm not into truck machismo and I love the Maverick, but the Santa Cruz is pushing it for me. The bed length on the Santa Cruz is 41 inches. That's really short. Shorter than the cargo area behind the rear seats of my Transit Connect. I don't know if a mountain bike would fit over the tailgate with enough space for it's rear wheel. Maybe diagonally. The Maverick is a similar length but has a bed that's over a foot longer at (still fairly short) 54 inches. That's more room for bikes and I've seen pictures of people carrying dual sports and small dirtbikes in the bed with the tailgate down.

I'm not claiming to be hauling 4x8 sheets of plywood every week, but unless you're hauling a specific type of small, dirty cargo, I think with a bed that short it's better to just get the enclosed SUV version so you can run longer things through the cabin if you need to.

Hyundai/Kia dealerships are notoriously awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Hyundai/Kia dealerships are notoriously awful.
    what do i need to look out for?

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    You sir, are a genius and an asset to your community.

Someone please bookmark that image. We’ll need it going forward, no doubt.

what do i need to look out for?
    Bobby Stainless shared a bunch of stories/background on their dealer experience a few years back. Maybe someone who’s better than me at the search function-fu can find it.

I've had better experience at Hyundai dealerships than domestic. FWIW I've purchased both a Hyundai and a Chevrolet brand new and shopped/test driven at almost every mainstream brand.

I think bad dealers are dealer specific, not brand specific.

an asset to your community.
    I was definitely being an ass when I posted his freshly totaled car to craigslist, but IIRC Jim just rolled with the punches on that one.

It's too bad he lost the election... Ms Speaker, I'm proposing an amendment to this bill to deem the first seven days of February to be "Maggot Week" at all American ski areas

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Tundra hybrid specs suggest that a 4Runner hybrid will have more power without improved MPG.
    That would be a bummer if true, forgive me for having close to zero interest in full sized truck platforms save to keep myself educated on the general tech etc. I thought the new platform (Tundra, Sequoia) did see vastly improved real world mpg but sounds like I might be wrong. I have a friend with a few year old Sequoia and I think we both got about the same horrendously bad mileage on a trip we took together. Albeit our 4R has a little lift and slightly larger than stock snow tires, both of which kill mileage. He has 5 gears vs our 4 but the final drive ratio in od is the same I think.

Also, rolled over Pilots excepted, I think the new ones are worth looking at and pricing in this stupid market.