FB marketplace shipping question

So I bought a pair of skis on fb and it included a shipping fee. The fee was only $16.40 so that will not cover skis and bindings from slc to Maine. It seems fb is holding funds until seller prints label and possibly puts them in mail. Guessing seller will be hit with extra shipping costs once in system. Good price and seems like a good guy and don’t want to stiff him. I would prefer to send a pirate ship label after he gets me the dimensions.

If we don’t use fb shipping can still have money get to him?

Does fb keep the shipping fee, seller, refund to me? Options 2&3 are fine, not a fan of 3.

Tried searching internet, but no clear answers

If he cancels the order all get refunded to you. Most sells on FB have no idea how to list products correctly or adjust shipping costs appropriately

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    Why don't you go practice fallin' down? I'll be there in a minute.

Most likely the seller will cancel when they see the true shipping cost and you will get a full refund. If you need any help with shipping let me know

If you buy through FB, you get some protection, like via PayPal.

I bought a dropper post on FB, seller was communicative until I paid - and then he just vanished, no response, didn't ship. FB gives the seller a couple of days to ship and show shipment, and if nothing, FB just cancels the purchase and there's a full refund automatically - which is what I got. Annoying, but protected.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    If you buy through FB, you get some protection, like via PayPal.

I bought a dropper post on FB, seller was communicative until I paid - and then he just vanished, no response, didn't ship. FB gives the seller a couple of days to ship and show shipment, and if nothing, FB just cancels the purchase and there's a full refund automatically - which is what I got. Annoying, but protected.
    Facebook marketplace payments is probably the best customer protection out there right now, with the fastest resolutions while Paypal can take forever.

Definitely agree with all the above.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    Why don't you go practice fallin' down? I'll be there in a minute.

So if I am reading the above correctly the seller needs to use fb shipping to complete the order. That would leave options of A reimbursing extra shipping or B hoping seller agrees to a PayPal/Venmo payment and I send pirate ship label or C no sale

Edit: was able to work with seller and paid extra shipping cost. Thanks all
    Last edited by cat in january; 04-26-2022 at 02:37 PM.