Page 109 of 109 FirstFirst ... 104 105 106 107 108 109
Results 2,701 to 2,719 of 2719
  1. #2701
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    11,345
    Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    On any given NFL team, there are a number of guys who played high school QB, and others who played baseball growing up. Its truly not that hard to throw a ball 40+ yards... i bet there are at least 10 dudes on the niner (non-QBs) who can throw the ball 50 yards. Start running crazy RPOs, throwbacks, huddle-plays, etc. Yeah, it would certainly blow up in their faces a few times but it would also give them a CHANCE to come back from 3 touchdowns down without a QB available. Instead they chose the least likely to succeed and most boring option.
    That's easy for fans to fantasize about. But when careers end in one moment of silliness with very little chance of success, coaches with player's interest at hand and players who are hoping to be able to play next season for a living aren't as in to something dangerous and not well practiced just to entertain the fans.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

  2. #2702
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    10,611
    Sure, keep handing CMC the ball then because he's proven to be bullet proof over the years... while you're at it, give him a new helmet with speakers and let him run things after two separate QBs getting benched for injury in the game. And just to make it interesting, take away the passing game to keep the D guessing. What was that strategy you were talking about extending players' careers past this game and not having people try things that haven't been practiced a bunch?
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!

  3. #2703
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,634
    Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    That's easy for fans to fantasize about. But when careers end in one moment of silliness with very little chance of success, coaches with player's interest at hand and players who are hoping to be able to play next season for a living aren't as in to something dangerous and not well practiced just to entertain the fans.
    Its not "just to entertain the fans"... its to try and play in the SUPERBOWL! The stakes for this game are high enough that you DO play through injuries, and you do risk your future. this isnt a regular season game, or a wildcard game. Also, there are plenty of trick plays which do not put players at heightened risk, and beyond planned trick plays there are coaching instructions that can be given to heighten the big play vs turnover odds (e.g. telling players to look for the lateral, telling DBs to get their eyes in the backfield and jump routes, fake punts, etc).


    The stakes were way to high, and the decision made way too early to just immediately pack it in without even reaching into the bag of tricks.


    And let us not forget... this entire sport is around for one single reason... TO ENTERTAIN THE FANS. it is not some higher endeavor. Its entertainment. Thats it, thats all. And i was not entertained.

  4. #2704
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    ne pennsylvania
    Posts
    4,451
    i had a good time - GO BIRDS!

  5. #2705
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    59715
    Posts
    5,603
    BP262 has a torn UCL, needs surgery with possibility of Tommy John type reconstruction.

    Holy hell, there must be some kind of dark star sitting over the Niner's QB position.

    https://sports.yahoo.com/report-49er...221007120.html

  6. #2706
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    OOTAH
    Posts
    3,559

    2022/23 NFL Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    BP262 has a torn UCL, needs surgery with possibility of Tommy John type reconstruction.

    Holy hell, there must be some kind of dark star sitting over the Niner's QB position.

    https://sports.yahoo.com/report-49er...221007120.html
    Damn!! Pretty baller move to come back in - even if all he did was hand it off.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

  7. #2707
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,264
    Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    Damn!! Pretty ballet move to come back in - even if all he did was hand it off.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'd go cry in a closet before I went back into the game. I hope he's able to be back in action for training camp so he can have a shot at staying QB1.

  8. #2708
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,489
    The curse of CK7

  9. #2709
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    5,286
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    The curse of CK7
    Fuck off. Team has made plenty of mistakes and had a few hits since the disasters of hiring Chip Kelly and Tomsula.

    Has nothing to do with Kap, who - by the way- threw for 16 TDs bs 4 INTs in a partial season running Kelly’s BS college offense with one of the worst Niner teams in 20 years.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  10. #2710
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    30,843
    Damn, feel bad for BP262.
    I still call it The Jake.

  11. #2711
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    North,NorthEast
    Posts
    3,308
    And this guy too. Poor bastard. I hated how they just kept zooming in on him crying on the bench https://twitter.com/michaelniziolek/...vCszbqlldIAqwg

  12. #2712
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,634
    Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'd go cry in a closet before I went back into the game. I hope he's able to be back in action for training camp so he can have a shot at staying QB1.
    Not likely. Absolutley brutal. TJ is a 12-18month recovery to the throwing arm (throwing position), and ligaments heal like shit on their own. Horrible choice to risk rehab on the chance it works but also risking the next 2 full years by waiting on surgery if its needed and not getting back till 2025, or bite the bullet and get TJ now and hope to get back to training camp 2024.

    oof. And its not like this guy is set up financially where this isnt a huge deal life-wise. Just brutal. hopefully, at the least, the man gets paid $$$$ by some shitty team like the browns based on his body of work during the second half of 2022.

  13. #2713
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    59715
    Posts
    5,603
    I don't know if there's some kind of curse but I'd be burning a shit ton of sage in the Niners QB room ASAP.

  14. #2714
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Fish
    Posts
    4,253
    Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    BP262 has a torn UCL, needs surgery with possibility of Tommy John type reconstruction.

    Holy hell, there must be some kind of dark star sitting over the Niner's QB position.

    https://sports.yahoo.com/report-49er...221007120.html
    Poor Kid, that could easily be his career.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

    Formerly Rludes025

  15. #2715
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Stumptown
    Posts
    9,567
    Rappaport said they are hopeful it's just a "normal" UCL repair, and not a full Tommy John which is a 6 month recovery.

    But yeah, SF is lucky they have their future QBs locked up, cause if I was a FA I'd be real warry of signing with them after the last few years' track record with QBs.

  16. #2716
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Truckee & Nor Cal
    Posts
    14,921
    Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Fuck off. Team has made plenty of mistakes and had a few hits since the disasters of hiring Chip Kelly and Tomsula.

    Has nothing to do with Kap, who - by the way- threw for 16 TDs bs 4 INTs in a partial season running Kelly’s BS college offense with one of the worst Niner teams in 20 years.
    Kap haters don't give a shit about facts, stats or actual football. They just follow the Fox News BS narrative. Also worth noting that Kap is currently ranked 10th all time in TD / INT ratio: https://www.footballdb.com/leaders/c...ing-tdintratio - and that's not counting his 13 rushing TD's.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

  17. #2717
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    ne pennsylvania
    Posts
    4,451
    Tommy Brady could be a nice pickup for 1 year in the red and gold.....

  18. #2718
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,489
    Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Fuck off. Team has made plenty of mistakes and had a few hits since the disasters of hiring Chip Kelly and Tomsula.

    Has nothing to do with Kap, who - by the way- threw for 16 TDs bs 4 INTs in a partial season running Kelly’s BS college offense with one of the worst Niner teams in 20 years.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    The curse wouldn’t be for hiring him, the curse would be for pushing him out the door.

  19. #2719
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    30,843
    Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Just brutal. hopefully, at the least, the man gets paid $$$$ by some shitty team like the browns based on his body of work during the second half of 2022.
    Now was that necessary?

    Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    Tommy Brady could be a nice pickup for 1 year in the red and gold.....
    TB12.3 to the Niners makes a lot of sense for the homecoming storyline.
    I still call it The Jake.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •