Page 14 of 121 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    Clarissa is easy to look at. Production was a little rough, lack of crowd noise was kinda weird, especially at KC. It was the first night, they'll get it together but I think Kathy Tappen would have been better, and lose the Jeff Bezos name drops.

I have Spectrum cable for internet and my picture streamed perfect. If you were buffering or worse, it was your feed. And as much as I loath the Chargers, Herbert rocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    I have Spectrum cable for internet and my picture streamed perfect. If you were buffering or worse, it was your feed.
    eh, not true. I saw the same complaint from numerous people on different forums in different areas of the country. The fact that your feed was perfect doesn't mean there wasn't some systemic problem with the feed.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

In preparation for this weekend's clash between the Browns and the Jets, it's time to open this back up for debate:

I still call it The Jake.

A lot going on in that picture.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    In preparation for this weekend's clash between the Browns and the Jets, it's time to open this back up for debate:

The dudes kissing, and the misspelled sign, are the big draws, but the lady in red in the bottom right is clearly so annoyed at whatever the guy is trying to tell her. That might sneaky be the funniest part.

The kid on his dad's shoulders will find this pic one day when he's much older and be like, WTF was dad thinking bringing me down there?

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    eh, not true. I saw the same complaint from numerous people on different forums in different areas of the country. The fact that your feed was perfect doesn't mean there wasn't some systemic problem with the feed.
    It doesn’t mean it was a problem with Amazon either. I suspect it was record number of logins to Prime feed and ISP’s didn’t have the provisioning correct.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    It doesn’t mean it was a problem with Amazon either. I suspect it was record number of logins to Prime feed and ISP’s didn’t have the provisioning correct.
    I did not say it was. I said there was a systemic problem.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I did not say it was. I said there was a systemic problem.
    That’s what you said to L2S. It’s not systemic. It’s local.

That’s what you said to L2S. It’s not systemic. It’s local.
    I didn't say it was "Amazon", just that it was a broader problem than one person's feed. Because in this thread and elsewhere, there were people in Philadelphia, Minn, UT, NY, CO, MT all complaining about the feed (and most said their internet worked fine otherwise). You can argue that it was all the fault of individual ISPs and thus take the semantic position that it was not systemic and local in a bunch of places, but to me, the fact that many people in that many locations had trouble says "systemic" regardless of whether the fault lies in multiple actors or one actor. I never blamed Amazon, I simply said it was systemic.

Those local ISP’s didn’t provision enough bandwidth for Prime so it got buffered. It’s probably that simple. It would still be considered a localized problem.

Ski off

I can totally take him. Even though I didn't watch the game and don't give a shit.

I suck at skiing but spent a couple decades in bandwidth allocation.

Boris Profane was a systemic local for example.

Those local ISP’s didn’t provision enough bandwidth for Prime so it got buffered. It’s probably that simple. It would still be considered a localized problem.
    This seems like a silly argument. It happened damn near everywhere...
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Twitch had a systemic problem with streaming the game. That makes sense considering what a big event it was for Twitch.

2022/23 NFL Thread

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    This seems like a silly argument. It happened damn near everywhere...
    Yes, it happened in a lot of locations. I never said it didn’t.

FWIW, no issues along with great picture and sound on a 1Gig fiber connection in Utah.

Checking in from lake placid NY, game was skippy as fuck. Got better in the 2nd half. Wife streamed some stupid show in the other room and it was fine. And my son probably had something playing as well.. Great game though. Bezos and his penis rocket can suck it.

Anecdotally it seems like it was a lot more device-specific than service-specific. People on tablets, PCs and phones in my friend group had a harder time than I did on my smart TV.

2022/23 NFL Thread

Quote Originally Posted by t-the-east View Post
    Checking in from lake placid NY, game was skippy as fuck. Got better in the 2nd half. Wife streamed some stupid show in the other room and it was fine. And my son probably had something playing as well.. Great game though. Bezos and his penis rocket can suck it.
    The ISP has minimum and maximum bandwidth allocations for everything. They could have been completely tapped out in order to meet minimum requirements of other customers which results in throttling and lower resolution for others.

Also, you can’t just make changes on the fly. You can but it would violate service agreements. Emergency changes are possible but it’s not as easy as turning some twiddly knobs. Emergency changes still have to be approved through change management

Jesus, it wasn't that great of a game anyway

Boris Profane was a systemic local for example.
    Lol.

Yes, it happened in a lot of locations. I never said it didn’t.
    Sure, but it's still a top down fuck-up, end of story, especially when you consider how much money Amazon paid for this exclusive. My cousin has been in charge of bandwidth allocation and all of that for the Super Bowl before. If he had blamed localized problems for that shit he would have been fired.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.