Page 108 of 121 FirstFirst ... 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... LastLast
Results 2,676 to 2,700 of 3016
    Quote Originally Posted by esseff View Post
    This. Both games. Goodell should be embarrassed (as he watched the Eagle-49er game with his hand on Jill Biden's thigh). Not saying the outcome would change, but zero parity, screw ups, bad calls all around).

I thought the best refs went to the playoffs?
    Those were the best refs. It would have been utter chaos and the game would have lasted an extra hour if the bad refs had called that game. They would have had to take the yellow flags and get them washed at halftime because there would have been so many grass stains on them.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    If we're talking about hypotheticals like LeBron playing in the NFL, if you crunch a buncha numbers and look at AWS advanced stats etc, it looks like it's not good to have all your quarterbacks get injured. The 49ers didn’t have a real chance to win. Recommendation: in the future, have at minimum one healthy QB for big games.
    Kinda disappointed they didn’t go full tropic thunder after the 4th stringer got his bell rung and just get weird since they had almost no chance anyway. Wildcat, check. Non stop flea flickers, yes. Hell, make kick passes a thing again at that point - whats the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    What a bullshit penalty at the end. Was t like he drilled him, he pushed him with one foot oob. Can’t believe I’ll be rooting for Philadelphia.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Sorry both feet out.
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
    Objectively Hurts had a sub par game , running game and D won this one. But man, SF tackles got abused by the DEs , costing them 2 QBs. All legit clean hits too, just terrible pass blocking.
    The right tackle and the tight end on the right side…

HEE HEE HEE

Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    HEE HEE HEE
    Good luck Eagles. No salt here. Woulda been a tough game even with a healthy QB. I thought lime shoulda been more like -4. Go forth and be happy!

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    You can't be serious. Mahomes was CLEARLY out of bounds and was shoved hard in the back. 100% no-brainer to throw a flag there. And no, he was not exaggerating it - it was a hard shove.

What a game he played - I actually really appreciated how he wasn't overplaying the injury and pain he was going through - if anything trying to suppress it. You put someone like LeBron in that situation and he'd be hamming it up for the cameras and acting like a drama queen.
    I’m not saying that isn’t a penalty at other times, but refs should hesitate to call penalties that don’t impact the outcome of a play at the end of a game. They should hesitate to call those penalties and swallow their whistles at the end of games. Fine the guy if you want but don’t alter the games outcome over a shove.

I’m not saying that isn’t a penalty at other times, but refs should hesitate to call penalties that don’t impact the outcome of a play at the end of a game. They should hesitate to call those penalties and swallow their whistles at the end of games. Fine the guy if you want but don’t alter the games outcome over a shove.
    disagree. If that gets called 10 out of 10 times under other circumstances, it would be bullshit to not call it a critical juncture.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I Fine the guy if you want but don’t alter the games outcome over a shove.
    How about don't lose your mind and cost your team the Superbowl by shoving someone well out of bounds after the play was over? People's careers can end over that foolishness.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Disagree. The outcome of the game could have changed. Ossai is getting an MRI for an injured knee. He pushed Mahomes into the bench. If either of them had to play another Chiefs offensive snap but couldn't due to the possible injuries, I'd say that would impact the game, not just the play.

"I gotta learn from experience," Ossai said, relaying the advice he received from Cincinnati defensive end Sam Hubbard. "I gotta know not to get close to that quarterback when he's close to that sideline if it's anything that could possibly cause a penalty in a dire situation like that. I gotta do better."
    Even Ossai admits it was a penalty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!

Yeah, that's a weird hill to die on when there are probably half a dozen other calls that went KC's way that should have probably not gone that way in the fourth quarter.

If there is a play that cost them the game, it was the inbounds punt to KC. Don't give them a chance to return it!

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Kinda disappointed they didn’t go full tropic thunder after the 4th stringer got his bell rung and just get weird since they had almost no chance anyway. Wildcat, check. Non stop flea flickers, yes. Hell, make kick passes a thing again at that point - whats the difference?
    This. While it was pretty obvious the game was over when Brock got injured (and then cemented when Johnson couldn't even catch a snap and then also got injured) it was disappointing that they basically just ran out the clock. Why even have Purdy back out there when everyone on the field knows he can't throw it more than 5 yards? What's the point? It could have at least been fun with some wacky shit going down with CMC and Deebo standing side by side in a shotgun formation.

First we were robbed of a real game, that could have been a great battle. Then Shanahan ruined any chance of still making it entertaining.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

This. While it was pretty obvious the game was over when Brock got injured (and then cemented when Johnson couldn't even catch a snap and then also got injured) it was disappointing that they basically just ran out the clock. Why even have Purdy back out there when everyone on the field knows he can't throw it more than 5 yards? What's the point? It could have at least been fun with some wacky shit going down with CMC and Deebo standing side by side in a shotgun formation.

First we were robbed of a real game, that could have been a great battle. Then Shanahan ruined any chance of still making it entertaining.
    right. The gameplan should have been tossed the moment Josh Johnson went down, and the playbook opened up to the wacky-Boise State section. Full on school-yard make a mockery of the game type of shit. Instead Kyle shanahan said that they kept Purdy in at QB "so we could run our base offense with CMC carrying the ball". Guy, that only works when you have the threat of throwing... your base offense is a balanced attack which is no longer an option.

Its a bummer that the opportunity to go miles away from the box thinking with an offense in real-time with no repurcussions wasnt taken advantage of. Every peewee trick play youve ever seen should have been drawn up and and tried. Instead, they just ran their vanilla rungame. FFS the Chiefs tried hook-n-ladder a couple times in the middle of a close AFC championship game! and the niners couldnt get more creative than student-body-left, student-body-right.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    right. The gameplan should have been tossed the moment Josh Johnson went down, and the playbook opened up to the wacky-Boise State section. Full on school-yard make a mockery of the game type of shit. Instead Kyle shanahan said that they kept Purdy in at QB "so we could run our base offense with CMC carrying the ball". Guy, that only works when you have the threat of throwing... your base offense is a balanced attack which is no longer an option.

Its a bummer that the opportunity to go miles away from the box thinking with an offense in real-time with no repurcussions wasnt taken advantage of. Every peewee trick play youve ever seen should have been drawn up and and tried. Instead, they just ran their vanilla rungame. FFS the Chiefs tried hook-n-ladder a couple times in the middle of a close AFC championship game! and the niners couldnt get more creative than student-body-left, student-body-right.
    This is hilarious and would have made that game so much better to watch.

You telling me the 9ers have no GA Tech or Navy guys on the team? Option the shit out of that offense and watch the confused looks fly on the other sideline.
    I still call it The Jake.

Wishbone FTW!

You know it would just be tons of fumbles..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

And no, he was not exaggerating it - it was a hard shove.
    Do you really think he didn't play this up? I agree it was late and was gonna get a flag 10/10.

a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Yeah power-sweep option with CMC, Deebo and Kittle would be pretty fun. Add Aiyuk in and CMC gets the quad option.

Do all of them also end up in the blue tent? Maybe. Would it have been legendary? Absolutely.

I was chatting with a niners fan friend and he was pissed that they basically gave up and didn’t try.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    You telling me the 9ers have no GA Tech or Navy guys on the team? Option the shit out of that offense and watch the confused looks fly on the other sideline.
    The strange part is we have some of this stuff in the playbook. McCaffrey passed for a TD against the Rams earlier this season, for example. Maybe Kyle was shell-shocked, I don't know, but damn it was boring and disappointing. When you've got nothing to lose why not go for it? Kind of like - I think it was the Lions or Bears a few year back - when the coach was already fired but still coaching the last few games of the season and they started doing a bunch of fake punts and stuff. It was fun.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

You can take the man out of the system but not the system out of the man.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Wishbone FTW!

You know it would just be tons of fumbles..
    On any given NFL team, there are a number of guys who played high school QB, and others who played baseball growing up. Its truly not that hard to throw a ball 40+ yards... i bet there are at least 10 dudes on the niner (non-QBs) who can throw the ball 50 yards. Start running crazy RPOs, throwbacks, huddle-plays, etc. Yeah, it would certainly blow up in their faces a few times but it would also give them a CHANCE to come back from 3 touchdowns down without a QB available. Instead they chose the least likely to succeed and most boring option.

I mean, what if they tried and lost? Maybe Kittle would have had a better take on the day.
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    I mean, what if they tried and lost? Maybe Kittle would have had a better take on the day.
    If it was a close game when they lost Josh Johnson then i totally understand doing what they did. Lets hold them scoreless and then try and get a lucky touchdown at somepoint to steal the win.

But they were down 3 touchdowns when josh Johnson was ruled out. They need to score and they need to score a lot. They arent making up 3 touchdowns playing it safe. WTF!?

I think a lot of players feel pretty dejected about the coaching going into the offseason, despite the crazy good coaching job that was done to get them to that point.

Kind of my point. Go out having fun instead of grinding down CMC.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Kind of my point. Go out having fun instead of grinding down CMC.
    I think they were having huge issues even getting plays in and called before the play clock ran out. Total CF. Purdy sped up the process but it was ineffective. Just a bummer of game all around.