Page 3 of 121 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Yeah, feels unnecessary to bury the guy like this in the media after the fact
    Family, friends, and fans all wanted to know what could have been wrong with him because it was highly unusual behavior. I was thinking CTE, which still might also be part if this. There was definitely other personal stuff in there that probably wasn't necessary to include.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

If y'all play wordle or variations thereof.. give weddle a try.
    Guess the NFL player (Fantasy players only I believe) in 8 tries..

Can we have a moment of reflection as Fitzmagic retired yesterday? He was a class act.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Can we have a moment of reflection as Fitzmagic retired yesterday? He was a class act.
    I still call it The Jake.

I missed this?!?!

Thank you for the information. I feel like we should pour one out.

Via The Athletic...

Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson booked massage appointments with 66 women in just 17 months, far more than he previously acknowledged, per a comprehensive report in The New York Times on Tuesday. The story paints a wider picture of Watson’s pattern of behavior, including multiple women speaking about their experiences with Watson for the first time, as well as involvement by the Houston Texans in helping Watson arrange massages and also having therapists sign non-disclosure agreements in some cases.

What’s changed: The new accusations appear to have caught the Browns unaware and could do significant, fresh PR harm to Watson as he awaits the NFL’s punishment. Remember, Watson already met with the NFL on these matters. If he misled investigators in any way, expect a lengthier suspension.

What’s stayed the same: The ugliness of it all, and Watson’s stance. Each of these accusers — 24 of which have brought suit against Watson for sexual misconduct — alleges the same general malfeasance: Watson pressuring them into some form of clearly unwanted sexual contact. Watson has denied all accusations thus far.

Two grand juries declined to bring criminal charges against Watson. The Browns subsequently gave him a $230 million guaranteed contract.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Come on over to the Browns dumpster fire thread, we've got a robust discussion on the matter.

Good Fitz convo on Shefter’s podcast this week.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/4tI...TEeKkKcWngJhhg

Sent from the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

https://twitter.com/PatMcAfeeShow/st...g0pLlcOIMWVDIg

This might be the best thing ever hahaha

Little bastard clowned Pat good
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Not Pat, but Connor. That was hilarious

Taint massage. For real.

In the battle for Wacky Front Office of the Year, the Dolphins are really giving the Browns a run for it.

Payton turns down a 5yr/$100MM contract, they tried to get TB12 to be QB by offering him an ownership share, and then all the other shit before that with Flores. Imagine all this went down as planned and TB12 comes to the sideline, and Payton says "Hey I wanna put Tua in for the 4Q to get some reps" and TB12 says "Fuck no, I own this shit and you work for me."

That's not what was proposed for Brady - it would violate the salary cap and CBA. He was just going to be part of an ownership group, not playing QB at the same time.

In the battle for Wacky Front Office of the Year, the Dolphins are really giving the Browns a run for it.

Payton turns down a 5yr/$100MM contract, they tried to get TB12 to be QB by offering him an ownership share, and then all the other shit before that with Flores. Imagine all this went down as planned and TB12 comes to the sideline, and Payton says "Hey I wanna put Tua in for the 4Q to get some reps" and TB12 says "Fuck no, I own this shit and you work for me."
    I'm starting to be convinced that the NFL is the Real Housewives for men.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I'm starting to be convinced that the NFL is the Real Housewives for men.
    No sir. That’s the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    That's not what was proposed for Brady - it would violate the salary cap and CBA. He was just going to be part of an ownership group, not playing QB at the same time.
    From The Athletic:
    Tom Brady has unretired and is back playing this season with the Buccaneers, so much of this is moot, but there was yet another obstacle to speculation that the Dolphins wanted to bring in Brady with an ownership stake, then acquire him as a player...

...Brady will be a free agent after this season, which would give him the right to choose a new team in 2023 (at age 46) if he wanted to play elsewhere. But if that were to come with any promise of an ownership stake, holding both jobs at the same time would require that same vote of three-quarters of the NFL teams.

The NFL prohibits anyone from playing for one team while having an ownership stake in another NFL team, avoiding any potential conflict of interest. If Brady were to retire and become a part-owner in a team, then try to return as an active player, he’d need the same three-quarters vote of approval to pull off the double-duty.

There is a near-precedent for such a dual role, as ESPN reported in 2016 that in 1998, the Broncos offered quarterback John Elway the right to buy a 10 percent share in the team for $15 million. Elway could have purchased another 10 percent stake by forgoing deferred salary owed to him and taking a special-assistant position that would lead to a chief operating officer role. Elway would have even had a right of first refusal if the Bowlen family sold any other stake in the team.

The point being they were seriously considering this. The sideline thing was a joke, sorta.

The point being they were seriously considering this. The sideline thing was a joke, sorta.
    Yeah it's pretty goofy. As if three quarters of the teams would even vote in favor of it... not exactly the kind of precedent the owners would want to set.

20 of the 24 suits against Watson have been settled according to ESPN. Lots of money, I am sure, and ironclad NDAs.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Jets fans, this may be Zach Wilson's year:

https://www.audacy.com/923thefan/spo...d-dating-rumor

I have to see pics of the cougar before knowing what to think about this.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I mean, mom looks pretty good herself.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	60110121-11000503-image-m-54_1657543164344.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	108.8 KB 
ID:	421223

This is honestly one of the least incestuous stories I’ve heard come out of BYU

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    This is honestly one of the least incestuous stories I’ve heard come out of BYU
    That's pretty sig-worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    That's pretty sig-worthy.
    Not to derail this thread before it starts, but... here is an example of what's coming out of Mormon "culture" these days:

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture...-flop-1358321/