Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Might want to limit anti-seize to just the hub boss instead of the entire mating surface, since the clamping force and friction between the wheel and the hub (or rotor) is what keeps the wheel from shearing the lug studs during braking. If the mating surface is lubricated (or the nuts are loose), the studs could theoretically shear during hard braking, and things would get exciting in a hurry.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I had thot magnificantunicorn might be a dipshot eh
    You don’t get galvanic corrosion with steel wheels. Have you noticed that everyone talking about stuck wheels has aluminum wheels?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

well of course its specificaly an aluminium wheels getting stuck on a steel hub and so while you are 100% correct, I'm not going to buy another set of steel rims

back in the day cars mostly came with steel wheels or at least the cars i bought so stuck wheels were not a problem with steel rims and i never had to deal with it on cars that I worked on as a teenager in a gas sation

it used to happen to me on my golf but not on my 4-runer, not sure about my ranger all of which had aluminium wheels

so for all those years the wheels may or may not have been stuck to the hub but you wouldn't know if you never had a flat and just let the tire dealer swap them, the nokian dealer used to do swap overs for free if the tires were nokian and on rims but they started charging to make mo money so I try to do wheel swaps myself the wheels are stuck and I realize if I was in the middle of nowhere with a flat I be fucked eh ? And actualy that happened on the golf coe tothink of it

the real question in my mind is why did I call you a dipshot ?

I wonder how many people will say the same thing as posted in the last 3 pages and if i will need to splain it all again ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

If you have two sets of wheels for your car, winter and summer, the winter ones should be steel.

the real question in my mind is why did I call you a dipshot ?

I wonder how many people will say the same thing as posted in the last 3 pages and if i will need to splain it all again ?
    IMHO the real question is how many people need to keep telling you to go buy some anti-seize, apply it to the hub center bore where it contacts the wheel, and never worry about it again.
    https://www.amazon.com/Permatex-8007...337354522&th=1
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

This whole thread reminds me of Archer not understanding blimps

well i heard it the 1st time and i have anti sieze I used for the thule rack

also got Lithium grease

but people have kept posting the same thing for 3 pages now,

and there should be another one any minute

even the buy steel wheels idea has been repeated
    Last edited by XXX-er; 05-11-2022 at 12:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    If you have two sets of wheels for your car, winter and summer, the winter ones should be steel.

I do ^^ aluminium & steel and so they all need to be steel to mitigate the "wheels stuck on the hub" problem
    Last edited by XXX-er; 05-11-2022 at 12:30 PM.

Are you guys still talking? Jesus Christ.

I wonder how they are gona fuck-up this update, I expect another 3 pages of wankers who havent read the thread OR what I just updated

so I did the aluminium to steel swap and even with liberal app of anti sieze & die-electric grease the rears were still stuck to the rear hub but not so bad I couldn't get them off with some light tapping using a ball peen

the tennants kid was telling me about pounding on wheels for 1/2 an hr when he worked the tire shop

I might make that hole BIGGER on the aluminium wheels
    Last edited by XXX-er; 10-24-2022 at 09:44 PM.

I wonder how they are gona fuck-up this update, I expect another 3 pages of wankers who havent read the thread OR what I just updated

so I did the aluminium to steel swap and even with liberal app of anti sieze & die-electric grease the rears were still stuck to the rear hub but not so bad I couldn't get them off with some light tapping using a ball peen

the tennants kid was telling me about pounding on wheels for 1/2 an hr when he worked the tire shop

Think twice about making the center bore bigger, some wheel/hubs are bore centric and some are lug centric.

Having a tight bore centers the wheel more exactly than lugs. No vibrations at 150kmh+, not that you have roads or trucks that go over 80kmh up there. I had a wheelset with larger bore and sloppy centering rings. I had to be very careful when tightening the lugs or they would vibrate.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

So I think i figured it out, the rims are gona be tight enough that they are just gona freeze to the hub in spite of anti-sieze or wtf i put on them

so this time i beat them off using a ballpeen on the bottom inside of the rim where the marks won't show,

just a regular ball peen maybe a doz good smacks but i think it has to be the shock of metal hitting on metal (not metal on rubber) to work
    I gotta start carrying a ball peen in case i get a flat during summer

it will be most interesting to see how many people don't/ didn't read the thread and just post shit

yeah I dunno, man. I would probably just do antiseeze or maybe swap the wheels so your winters are the steel ones.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

XXXer have you tried kicking the wheel yet?

Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    XXXer have you tried kicking the wheel yet?
    Nope. It’s mostly a petulant frenzy. Which can be entertaining. But doesn’t actually remove wheels.

Kick harder next time.

Agreed. Kick harder, eh.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

https://wiltontools.com/8-lb-30-b-a-...ad-blow-hammer

that’s my weapon of choice when I can’t get my wheels off. Jack truck up, lay under it on your side and let her have it from the backside.

Saw this on YT. It worked on my VW SportWagen. Loosen the lugs just so they are not against the wheel. Lower the vehicle off the Jack. Rock the vehicle side to side. Jack it back up and your wheels should be loose enough to get off.

So I think i figured it out, the rims are gona be tight enough that they are just gona freeze to the hub in spite of anti-sieze or wtf i put on them

so this time i beat them off using a ballpeen on the bottom inside of the rim where the marks won't show,

just a regular ball peen maybe a doz good smacks but i think it has to be the shock of metal hitting on metal (not metal on rubber) to work
    I gotta start carrying a ball peen in case i get a flat during summer

it will be most interesting to see how many people don't/ didn't read the thread and just post shit
    Ball peen??? Holy sheet.... Joey nails it above. Soft blow hammer on the inside of the wheel. Ice been doing this for 30 years. Never damaged a wheel. Clean the hub and wheel center with a stainless brush. Coat wheel center liberally with grease before installing the wheel.

Definitely a lot easier on a lift, but possible on jack stands. Make sure the vehicle is secure on stands so that you don't die....

Throw the new wheel you're throwing on there into the stuck wheel, pretty much always works the first toss