Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Odd things in your will

KQ's what will the find when you die thread got me thinking, what is in your will that will surprise someone?

I have, first choice of all my bikes goes to xxxx. He's a friend I grew up riding with and still ride with occasioally, he has no idea it's in there.
    You are what you eat.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    There's no such thing as bad snow, just shitty skiers.

One of these days I need to set up a will. No kids / not married so stuff will either be left to parents and/or sister and her family. At least her husband rides bikes so that stuff along with camping gear will be in good hands.

When I had heart surgery last summer, I came face to face with my own mortality. My will dated back to my days in the military and I didn’t really have anything, so I just had a generic one giving my brother everything. So last summer I made another one, giving a substantial portion of my estate to a maggot on TGR who is a good friend offline. He deserves it.

My island will become a state park. Currently in discussions with them about how to make that happen.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    When I had heart surgery last summer, I came face to face with my own mortality. My will dated back to my days in the military and I didn’t really have anything, so I just had a generic one giving my brother everything. So last summer I made another one, giving a substantial portion of my estate to a maggot on TGR who is a good friend offline. He deserves it.

My island will become a state park. Currently in discussions with them about how to make that happen.

That's pretty fn awesome. Good on you!

a good friend. He deserves it.

FKNA

Charities and non profits.

Children's hospitals, PBS, animal rescues etc.

Body goes to the body farm.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Ha, well if I died tomorrow there ain't gonna be one. Good reminder to be a little bit of an adult and write one. "All to wife" I think works, if you write it on something made of paper.

I'm not more in debt than I'm worth anymore, so hey Im a success now!!!

Anybody else not spending money on burial and wants to be lit up?
    I mean it’s in the blood for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    Anybody else not spending money on burial and wants to be lit up?
    I mean it’s in the blood for me.
    Mine says I am to be cremated and shot out of an avalanche cannon.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by dannynoonan View Post
    Ha, well if I died tomorrow there ain't gonna be one. Good reminder to be a little bit of an adult and write one. "All to wife" I think works, if you write it on something made of paper.

No need for a will if that's what you want. It's called Intestate Succession
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

I plan to have my ashes scattered on Mitch McConnell's desk, assuming he's still in office when I die. Or maybe even if he's not. They have to honor that if it's in a will, don't they, or at least wouldn't he have to spend a lot of money to invalidate my will in court?
    Or maybe one of my asshole neighbors. They question is, which one.

I want my corpse tossed into the lion exhibit at the Minnesota Zoo, on a busy Saturday. Teach the visiting families about dismemberment and anatomy.

As for my will, wife gets it all; if she goes first, it all goes to charities. I don’t have anything particularly unique to pass to anyone; it’s all just stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by dannynoonan View Post

I like you Betty.

But it will take them years and a lot of taxpayer money to clear the bunkers and booby traps.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Mine says I am to be cremated and shot out of an avalanche cannon.
    Funny, I want to have my ashes set on a case of 18 PETN 1 KG boosters and detonated.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    I like you Betty.
    It's Danny, sir

LEGENDARY

My will states that my ashes be scattered with my dogs ashes. A collie, a golden retriever, and an Aussie. Above the international chute at squaw.

I think it's becoming more common but I just want to be put in the dirt. No box, no clothes, no nothing. Feed me to the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    I think it's becoming more common but I just want to be put in the dirt. No box, no clothes, no nothing. Feed me to the earth.
    Recompose

its not just the will its also important to set things up so its easy for the executor to wind up your life, my sister the senior banker did a great job on my mom so we had it all wrapped up in < 2 yrs which is pretty quick up here at least.

and doing the ash scattering remember the big lebowskis and watch them wind currents, I ended up with some dad on me and even more mom
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Odd things in your will

I’d love to put a funeral pyre in my will but there’s only one place in the USA it’s legal and you must be an established community member to use it.

I do appreciate that WA legalized body composting as a thing now. That’s a distant second choice.

I want to be sent off in a flaming viking longship across Cushing Pond.

I know it’s bad ecology to be burnt.

But I’m not ready to accept bugs eating me.

Funeral pyre. Ideally on a small boat.
    But that’s hard to arrange

Wife is required to shoot my ashes out of a cannon, it is in the will. Lawyer thought it was hilarious.