3 pairs of ski poles

Looks like I’m moving to Florida for a few years. Don’t need 4 sets of ski poles there.

Black Diamond Carbon extendable poles. Well loved, no issues for me, they stay extended, rubber grips slide. $40

Two pairs of 130cm carbon Alpine trigger click poles. Not sure how I ended up with two pairs, not both have original tags on them, never used. $100 a pair.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0451.JPG 
Views:	179 
Size:	240.7 KB 
ID:	414001

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I'll take the BD poles

Bump Is my price really off? Or do people just not by polls unless they break them, and even then they just steal them from Ski school

Personally I don't get the demand for $100 resort poles, but I don't doubt that's their value. Bump for you?

With the powder baskets and some tennis racket grip tape, I though they made some pretty light awesome touring poles. But, I never extend my BD extendable poles when touring.

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    With the powder baskets and some tennis racket grip tape, I though they made some pretty light awesome touring poles. But, I never extend my BD extendable poles when touring.

The uphill nerds like grips from top to the baskets these days. Maybe wrap them up with tape and show a finished weight on the scale?

Florida? I hope she’s hot…
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Quote Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
    The uphill nerds like grips from top to the baskets these days. Maybe wrap them up with tape and show a finished weight on the scale?

Florida? I hope she’s hot…
    If I keep a pair I will.

No she (or he or whatever), just need to change my career to stay alive. It’s weird to say, but mental health matters, and going to sea is really bad for me. I’ve been in a dark place for a long time, and it’s time to do what’s needed to change that.

Job market is full of people looking for employees, and I’ve applied to tons of jobs, but just because I can read a technical drawing on a ship, doesn’t mean a construction company will take a risk on hiring me. I’ve applied for over 1000 jobs all over the world, and the truth is I have a set of skills (sounds very Taken like) that let me know how ships operate and what is required to operate them. Great, except a lot of shipping companies are based in Florida, so off to Florida I go for a bit for work to get experience to make a change.

I’d love to stay in the mountains, but the harder I look for jobs in Denver/SLC/Jackson/Seattle/Reno, the more rejection letters I get. Apparently a degree in Marine Transportation/International Business/Logistics with almost 10 years experience working on ships, doesn’t qualify you to make more then $45k a year at a logistics firm, or for one of the infinite number of import/export or supply chain or transportation jobs available in those cities. Just what it is I guess. I’ve got a ton of experience, but it doesn’t exactly fit what someone’s looking for and these days someone’s not willing to take the time/risk to take me on.

It’s all good. I’m shopping wing foils and kite board set ups. Should be a fun new adventure. Salt water fly fishing looks challenging. As does all sorts of board sports. Maybe I’ll get back into beach volleyball too.

the OG poster Squirrel99 lived in Florida for many years and skied the hell out of everywhere in those years.
    Heck I probably skied with him more in Jackson than some of my local friends
    Just make sure you get a good work schedule.
    skid luxury

Good on you for taking control. Good luck on your journey!
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Thanks Eluder. Took me time to figure it out.

BBear, I’m definitely going to try to branch out a bit more for ski trips. Breckinridge the last week in February will happen because it’s an extended family trip that I love. Having two huge airports in my back door will hopefully let me find flights easier to places I’ve always wanted to go skiing, Europe, South America, and Asia all have spots I’ve wanted to check out.

One of the cool aspects of the new job is I’ll have to travel to Europe for vessel inspections. Hopefully I can make those trips last a few extra days to check out a few spots in the Alps. I’m keeping enough skis to keep me happy no matter where I catch a flight to.

Also, I’m looking to branch out and try some new things. My uncle rides a ton of XC and Trail MTB bikes all over the south east. My big bike is going to become a trail bike. Kite boarding and wake surfing lessons are on tap. Maybe some sailboat racing.

It’s a new adventure! I’m excited.