Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

What should I do in San Diego?

Heading there for a conference now. Have a ticket for Padres-Dodgers tonight. What else should I do?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Eat Fish Tacos
    go to the beach
    chill on the Pool deck @ the Omni

Go to Coronado Beach and then head to Miguel's for frozen Margaritas.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Hookers and blow

Omni is a sweet hotel, stayed there in January. Lobby bar shut down at 8 pm though..... odd.

Little Italy for some good food, Rei do Gado for Brazilian and enjoyed beers at Half Door walking from Gas Lamp

Shrimporizo at Mariscos El Pulpo: https://m.facebook.com/elpulpobarrio...931162/?type=3

Edit, there is one in Barrio Logan and in the Gaslamp: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaura...alifornia.html

Drunk late night carne asada fries from wherever. Just ask anyone where to find some.
    Wait, how can we trust this guy^^^ He's clearly not DJSapp

Go surfing. Hit some breweries. Eat a bunch of California burritos.

Best burrito of my life is at this place on Mission Beach Marcy's Mexican Food
    (858) 488-8203
    https://goo.gl/maps/8XmekJAWZeWvSakq6

I had burritos there in 2007 that changed my life. On a whim, took a last minute flight from WA down there in 2019 just to get a burrito at this place and they were just as mind-blowing.

Yeah surfing, Tourmaline. Less gnar, La Jolla shores. More gnar Ladera, but don't go there without somebody that knows it, you can get crashed into rocks. Super nice break though and not crowded.

Speaking of La Jolla, the kayak tours are really nice, low key super fun.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Go to Coronado Beach and then head to Miguel's for frozen Margaritas.
    This…and take one of those boats over. Visit Coronado Hotel…just to say you did!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

I really like the Greek place on Coronado. Played tennis at the hotel.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Not DJSapp View Post
    Drunk late night carne asada fries from wherever. Just ask anyone where to find some.
    Adolberto's Point Loma, but I rather eat the meat on a salad with guac. Those fries are a LOT.

Over there you can also have sunset at Sunset Cliffs. There's a nice park at the south end. Oh yeah! Such good food at Point Loma Seafood, but the low key cool spot is a little further down called Mitch's, you sit right on the water and drink beer and eat fish tacos and watch the charters come in. So great.
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    Omni is a sweet hotel, stayed there in January. Lobby bar shut down at 8 pm though..... odd.

Little Italy for some good food, Rei do Gado for Brazilian and enjoyed beers at Half Door walking from Gas Lamp
    Likely a staffing/occupancy thing and its not hard to find a bar in that neighborhood....

I had a blast hiking down to the Ho Chi Minh trail in La Jolla. It's a fun, if short little hike then you're on the beach just south of Black's Beach. If you want, you can walk north and see if any of the naked folk there are the ones you hope, or you can walk south and exit up a much easier road access maybe half a mile down the beach. Either way, It's gorgeous and that stretch of beach has never been overly crowded when we've been there as access isn't totally trivial.

https://localadventurer.com/ho-chi-m...iego-la-jolla/

Take a tour of the aircraft carrier.

What should I do in San Diego?

Bodywhomping in the shorebreak at marine street or windansea beach in La Jolla. Swimming with sharks from the beach at the Marine Room in La Jolla Shores is cool.

The earth day festival in Balboa Park has traditionally been fun. The big outdoor organ is really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Bodywhomping ... The big outdoor organ is really cool.
    That's what she said

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    That's what she said
    Ha! It’s true.

Bodywhomping at blacks beach can be fun, too

Went there in September and this place was some of the best Mexican food I've ever had https://www.eatcocinadebarrio.com/

Also underrated SD activity: if you happen to be a fly fisherman, pack a rod and spend a few hours in the morning in Mission Bay throwing some Clouser Minnows.
    "Great barbecue makes you want to slap your granny up the side of her head." - Southern Saying

Go snorkeling, visit the Japanese Gardens, next door to it is a sweet car museum, then end the day with a scooter ride to Sunset Cliffs and chuck the scooter into the ocean.

Go to Mexico duh

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    Go snorkeling, visit the Japanese Gardens, next door to it is a sweet car museum, then end the day with a scooter ride to Sunset Cliffs and chuck the scooter into the ocean.
    Ok then…

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1051.JPG 
Views:	76 
Size:	212.5 KB 
ID:	414052

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    not very Earth day of you

Heading to Coronado for the weekend with Mrs Cruiser and 11yo. Prolly gonna hit the zoo on Friday followed by Cocina de Barrio and then Midway on Saturday but looking for other shorter duration fun stuff to do with an active kid if we're on Coronado anyway. Also interested in good tacos, fish tacos, pizza, seafood, whatever. Any cool events going on over the weekend that we should check out?

Thanks in advance for the beta!
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Good read about 70's pot smuggling off Coronado Beach, involving a high school Spanish teacher and his students, all becoming millionaires: https://www.theatlantic.com/culture/...fornia/312211/