Backdoor to the App?

After taking some time away from the interweebs ( during which my acct was apparently hacked) I'm now working through the process of recovering it. I've reset password and can post again, but my TGR app wouldn't reset.

Tapatalk sucks.

I remember a year or two ago I lost the TGR app and had to jump through some hoops to get it back. It's not available in the Google Play store, but I think there was a link or a website where it was still possible to reinstall it..

anyone know what I'm talking about?

Linky??

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Oh shit.. tapatalk somehow resurrected a stupid alias. Good times.

Got it back.

Help me with the app!

#deathtoolddumbaliai

I dread the day I'll have to replace my phone & move from the app to Tapatalk.

I suppose a concern in sticking with "blue" is the absence of security updates?

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Huh. I've never used the actual app before. It's gotta be better than Tapatalk.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

In a related note, anyone having trouble with the TGR Android app notifications? They don't seem to notifying me of anything, while Tapatalk is working.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

I don't think tapatalk is supported anymore- in fact I thought it was gone from the android app store but maybe by a 4/20 miracle it has come back.
    The Iphone/Apple app is still good to go
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    I dread the day I'll have to replace my phone & move from the app to Tapatalk.

I suppose a concern in sticking with "blue" is the absence of security updates?

... Thom
    Well, I dreaded the day when I'd be swapping to a new phone, and yesterday was that day.

If you have the app on your functioning (soon to be decommissioned) phone, you can copy it to your new phone.

Install an app called APK Extractor (instructions on how to use it proliferate on the web). Use the app to either share the TGR app directly to your new phone, or extract the TGR app into a two level folder structure which contains one file. These .apk files are the equivalent of a windows installation file.

Sharing involves establishing a Bluetooth pairing between your two phones (instead of copying it). I was having some trouble with this, so I opted for the copy method.

I extracted the app, saving the .apk file on the source phone, uploaded it to my laptop, and then copied it to my new phone. Clicking on the file then installed the app on the new phone. Life is good again.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music