Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane

Maggots in Grand Junction...help please.

Long story typing with one hand. Wrecked shoulder in Moab. Ended up at hospital in gj. Now at clarion hotel. Phone gonna die. Wallet truck etc in moab. Friend coming in a few hours. Can't even buy ibuprofen phone charger etc. Anyone help this beatered mag?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Wow. Tried to buy phone cord, ibuprofen and water at gas station. Tap pay from phone wouldn't work. Left items and walked to hotel. 5 mins later total stranger purchased item for me and dropped at hotel front desk and just left before I could talk to them. People are still good! Maggot rescue no longer required.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Wow. Tried to buy phone cord, ibuprofen and water at gas station. Tap pay from phone wouldn't work. Left items and walked to hotel. 5 mins later total stranger purchased item for me and dropped at hotel front desk and just left before I could talk to them. People are still good! Maggot rescue no longer required.

Good to hear, good luck with the shoulder! One of the things that scares me about traveling by myself, is a situation just like yours.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

shit dude, good luck

bike crash i assume?

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    Good to hear, good luck with the shoulder! One of the things that scares me about traveling by myself, is a situation just like yours.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Thank you. Have two friends in Moab getting my bike which is way up on the top of Goldbar Rim. Then they are driving my truck here and picking me up. At 1am hospital decided not to keep me. Still destroyed on ketamine I had to use google stored Cc number in phone to book a hotel room and use hospital discharge papers as my ID haha.

Bummer.

I messed up my shoulder pretty bad 2 summers ago mountain biking up in Moser. I had surgery and 5 months of PT, and I'm more or less back to normal now. Let me know if you need anything when you get back to Bozeman - I know what it's like to be in that position and it sucks!

If you need an ortho recommendation in Bozeman, let me know, too. I don't know how similar our injuries are, but I was happy with my surgery outcome and PT experience (long road though).

Hope you're on the mend soon.

Quote Originally Posted by elesquiador View Post
    Bummer.

I messed up my shoulder pretty bad 2 summers ago mountain biking up in Moser. I had surgery and 5 months of PT, and I'm more or less back to normal now. Let me know if you need anything when you get back to Bozeman - I know what it's like to be in that position and it sucks!

If you need an ortho recommendation in Bozeman, let me know, too. I don't know how similar our injuries are, but I was happy with my surgery outcome and PT experience (long road though).

Hope you're on the mend soon.
    Thanks. Buddy recommended Dr. Legrand at Bridger. I mega dislocated my shoulder and probably tore a bunch of ligaments. Took 6 docs and nurses 25 mins to get my arm back in last night. Fuck ketamine. Ugh.

Damn dude, that sounds rough. Glad that you got what you needed in the moment there. Heal fast

Yeesh, man. Can't help, but ++vibes for quick-as-possible recovery.

Goldbar rim put me in the GJ hospital for 5 days a few years back. SAR got me off trail. Legit bad place to get hurt. Heal up!

Just a guess... but one of those optional drops on the rim proper?

Thanks. Buddy recommended Dr. Legrand at Bridger. I mega dislocated my shoulder and probably tore a bunch of ligaments. Took 6 docs and nurses 25 mins to get my arm back in last night. Fuck ketamine. Ugh.

Dr. Schwartzenberger at Bridger did my surgery. I broke my glenoid (the socket in your shoulder blade that the humerus sits in). I did all my PT at Bridger too with Susan Brown and thought they did a really good job. I think either Dr. at Bridger is a good choice. Take it slow!

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Goldbar rim put me in the GJ hospital for 5 days a few years back. SAR got me off trail. Legit bad place to get hurt. Heal up!
    Jeep Week had poison spider jammed and ground SAR would have taken like 8-10 hours. After 3 hours of 11 pain they sent a bird up and landed right on the rim. Insane. Gonna find out just how bad my insurance is.
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Just a guess... but one of those optional drops on the rim proper?
    Stupidily while climbing up a 3foot ledge about 2 mile north of portal. Felt to side and tried to catch myself on a tree. Instant loud snap and arm deformity. Arm was like 3 inches below shoulder. Inferior dislocation I guess. Had buddy pull on it for like 30 mins trying to fight it back into socket. Never that close to fainting from pain. Heli medics assumed humerus break because so deformed.
    Quote Originally Posted by elesquiador View Post
    Dr. Schwartzenberger at Bridger did my surgery. I broke my glenoid (the socket in your shoulder blade that the humerus sits in). I did all my PT at Bridger too with Susan Brown and thought they did a really good job. I think either Dr. at Bridger is a good choice. Take it slow!
    Ok thanks. I have team relationship with lone peak pt so will probably go there.

Your insurance for air ambulance won't be bad because it doesn't cover air ambulance in the first place.

Oof. Shitty situation. Glad you got out and are at least somewhat back on track now. Hope the healing process is quick-ish.

Moab is good at breaking things.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Your insurance for air ambulance won't be bad because it doesn't cover air ambulance in the first place.
    That was my understanding. $20k at least I guess. ::::sells everything:::

If you need financial help, post up the link here. We've most definitely given money to far, far less worthy around here. Happy to pitch a few bucks your way dude. Heal up!

Stupidily while climbing up a 3foot ledge about 2 mile north of portal. Felt to side and tried to catch myself on a tree. Instant loud snap and arm deformity. Arm was like 3 inches below shoulder. Inferior dislocation I guess.
    That is one shitty way to end up needing a heli evac. Serious vibes. If you will be heading through SLC on the way back to MT and need a place to crash or help of any kind let me know.

Thanks mags. I spent 2-3 hours trying to summon the gusto to try to walk without puking or fainting. The options were no meds and attempting a several hour hike down in the dark or meds and bird. I've walked on broken ankles and would have gladly had to do that instead.

Ditto on SLC assistance if needed, and ditto on gofund me link.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Shitty situation but I’m glad to hear it’s starting to go the right way.

My fiancée got flown out of the south hills a few years ago. She was able to negotiate the fee down and the coverage up, but it took a lot of follow-through and time on the phone. Take very good notes of every call.

Did they transfer you directly to the hospital or to a waiting ground ambulance? And what was the helicopter service?

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Did they transfer you directly to the hospital or to a waiting ground ambulance? And what was the helicopter service?
    They flew me direct from the rim to st Mary's in cj. This is gonna cost me a shitload

Classic Air? Dudes were extremely stoked to land 5 feet from edge of the rim.

land 5 feet from edge of the rim.
    FKN ballers.

I've only discloated a shoulder once and not nearly as bad and hooooolllleee fuck did it hurt. I can absolutely understand why you called in the birdy.

Quote Originally Posted by evasive_MT View Post
    My fiancée got flown out of the south hills a few years ago. She was able to negotiate the fee down and the coverage up, but it took a lot of follow-through and time on the phone. Take very good notes of every call.
    FWIW I also had good luck in the past negotiating down an ambulance bill not covered by insurance, but wheeled ambulance, not heli. Had to provide lots of evidence of financial situation, lots of phones calls, payment plan, etc. Hope you're able to work something too and good luck with the recovery!