Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
    When life gives you haters, make haterade.

Holy shit WRG. Major vibes. Hope all is well with you - wishing you a speedy recovery.

That photo is just incredibly epic. Damn.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Damn, WRG. Nasty injury. Glad you didn't fuck your shoulder up too much with a break somewhere higher up on the shoulder....hopefully you didn't.
    When I had my shoulder injury way back when and broke the body of my scapula that was pretty painful too, but not dislocated like that. Norco and Flexiril helped that a lot.

It'd be cool to see your xrays to see internally how dislocated that humerus is, considering I look at a lot of those on occassion.

Wishing you a speedy recovery to come back stronger and faster than before said setback. Sorry, can't do much from Boise, but if you do need help I'll throw in for help with expenses.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Bike recovered yesterday and now in Denver for safekeeping. I'm 4 hours from home.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Bike recovered yesterday and now in Denver for safekeeping. I'm 4 hours from home.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    If you need the bike shipped up to you, I've got a bike box to donate to the cause. Not a lot of time on my hands to deal with packing and shipping but I'd be happy to pass the box off to someone that can handle the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    Transferred is a nice euphemism for kicked out onto the street, disoriented, at 1 am. But to your point I was speaking more about those that make it past the ER department.
    Not true. EMTALA laws require justification for transfer, huge penalty for failure to follow the rules. No conspiracy. Leave that sentiment with the 5G/chipped/anti vax crowd.

Holy shit WRG, so glad you're ok!

My bf broke his pelvis and elbow/arm on Ahab back in October, took 1.5 hours to walk him out, thankful he was with a solid crew that knew their shit. I failed on a local trail last summer, one little juniper saved me from falling 70 feet down a steep ravine, saved my bike too, landed upside down uphill from me, wheels still spinning. Broke my finger on the hand that grabbed that tree for life, small sacrifice to pay. Yours is way worse, obvs, but so glad it wasn't even worse.

Heal quick man!! And don't sweat the hospital shit yet. Take care of yourself and your mindset.

The other really important question here is, how is your bike?

Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead View Post
    Not true. EMTALA laws require justification for transfer, huge penalty for failure to follow the rules. No conspiracy. Leave that sentiment with the 5G/chipped/anti vax crowd.
    Let the people who have no idea what they’re talking about have some fun. They probably did him a favor discharging him. A motel is way cheaper than a night in the hospital

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Discharge is not a transfer

I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    Discharge is not a transfer

Yes it is. Do it all the time.

Transfer to higher level of care/specialty services not available locally/transfer via private vehicle.

Happens frequently/daily in rural/critical access hospitals such as Moab Regional.

"Took 6 docs and nurses 25 mins to get my arm back in last night. Fuck ketamine. Ugh."

That's why they sent him to Grand Junction, because they could not reduce dislocation in Moab.
    Also, he went ambo, as his truck was left in Moab.

Yes it is. Do it all the time.

Transfer to higher level of care/specialty services not available locally/transfer via private vehicle.

Happens frequently/daily in rural/critical access hospitals such as Moab Regional.
    Did you miss the part where he never went to Moab Regional?

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Did you miss the part where he never went to Moab Regional?
    Yes, apparently I did. I'm on a 4th 24 ER call shift in 5 days. Not much sleep.

Regardless, common to discharge out of ED after ketamine/shoulder reduction. No indication for admission overnight unless multi-trauma or other med condition.

I see no medical controversy here.

Agree w the discharge you do t transfer to home (or hotel)

I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Hey! If we wanna help then shut up and accept it.

Tell ya what, when I go to sell my house in the next couple of years you get 1st crack at the listing. Heal up.
    Highly recommend WRG as a RE Agent. Dude turned me into a bazillionaire.

If a GoFundMe happens, I’m in.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    Agree w the discharge you do t transfer to home (or hotel)

Discharge... depends on the color and viscosity.... either way, gross.

WG, just saw this thread. Have peeps in GJ that could have helped. Glad you are OK.

Photo is incredibly telling. You look appropriately f'ing miserable.

Last time I got lifeflighted it cost me $16K out of pocket. I don't think go fund me was around then.

Good luck with recovery

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Yes, apparently I did. I'm on a 4th 24 ER call shift in 5 days. Not much sleep.

Regardless, common to discharge out of ED after ketamine/shoulder reduction. No indication for admission overnight unless multi-trauma or other med condition.

I see no medical controversy here.
    But, but, what about…

Quote Originally Posted by skinipenem View Post

Photo is incredibly telling. You look appropriately f'ing miserable.
    Yea, as someone who has struggled with a “bad” shoulder for over a decade that probably needs surgery to be right again, it’s hard to look at that photo and not know exactly how you were feeling at that moment.

Get a good assessment and follow through with whatever surgery/PT is recommended. Best wishes for a speedy recovery to you WRG.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Back in MT. I have no beef with hospital. I understood latenight discharge and taxi to the hotel was indicated/normal. Sucky part was still being wrecked on the meds and having no money.

fuckin brutal mang. godspeed on the recovery!

Back in MT. I have no beef with hospital. I understood latenight discharge and taxi to the hotel was indicated/normal. Sucky part was still being wrecked on the meds and having no money.
    Some people pay good money to get K-holed. Wait, you did, too

Glad your epic TR is coming to a close. Shoulder will likely recover. I dislocated mine skiing 18 yrs ago, took a year or so to be comfortable climbing again, but haven’t popped it out since. First dislocation at older age reduces chances for repeat. Take it easy for a while.

If a hospital discharged you while you were still totally out of it from the sedatives they gave you then they definitely didn't meet standard of care for post sedation monitoring. Could pay for your medevac flight with the fat quick settlement that would result if the ED documentation of your post sedation recovery is as shoddy as I bet it is.

I'll be your expert witness pro bono.

You've been sober too long at phish shows. Get with the times man. Glad you are home.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Well WTF were we telling you about going to Moab during the Jamboree week?!?!

JK, sorry to hear, heal up.

I was just in Arkansas for the professional trail builders conference. Day two one of my coworkers ate it good with an unbalanced landing and broke his collar bone. It took ten screws and some metal to put it back together. Damn jump trails really break people off unfortunately.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

WTF are you talking about. OP says he was told he had to leave the hospital at 1 am when he was still feeling like shit, still under the effects of Ketamine, and had little means to get about at 1 am. I'm saying that sucks, regardless of EMTALA. I'm also saying 'transfer' is a euphemism for someone being discharged onto the street (regardless of who's term it is). Where was he transferred to? Did the hospital arrange the hotel by the airport that he was 'transferred' to? (they may have, i don't know.) If he was transferred there does his insurance cover the hotel room?
    Regarding my experience, all they give a shit about is whether or not your pooping, or in some cases, just farting. That's the bar for being sent home (post surgery) regardless of anything else (except perhaps the spirometer which I always crush out the gate). And they do everything they can to make sure you are pooping or farting within the alloted time frame.
    If you think the idea of insurance companies incentivizing hospitals for outcomes favorable to their collective bottom lines is akin to anti-vax sentiments I'm not sure what to tell you about the real world, but it's out there and you should learn about it.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

What I don't get is discharging you to 'home' without an accompanying adults after receiving sedation and still gorked out. That is pretty much a no go at any institution. High liability situation.

'Home' being an environment without professional care.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB