Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Aw shit WRG. That sucks man. Just think of all the super fun physio you get to do though...
    Sorry. Fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Welp, finally got the results. Labrum tear that broke off a piece of bone. Need a CT now. Possible invasive surgery so I am guessing plates/screws to reattach broken off piece of bone. Any my buddy was wrenching on this thing for like 15 minutes on the trail LOLOL. No wonder it hurt so bad.....and still fucking hurts. I'll see a trail in 6 months. Fuck me.
    Bummer. At least your legs work....get some good shoes and start slogging.

Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead View Post
    Bummer. At least your legs work....get some good shoes and start slogging.
    True, I broke my humerus one summer biking and then decided to hike Emigrant Peak in Paradise Valley for the first time and did a bunch of hikes shortly after that. Then again it really fucking hurt when I had to throw my arms out for balance going down loose shale, ha. But overall it was fun. WG will have to wait a lot longer than I did to hike but....a summer of peak bagging in MT sounds OK to me.
    Last edited by muted reborn; 05-01-2022 at 08:29 AM.

Get a Hobie Mirage Drive sea kayak, which you can operate 100% using your legs. Trailer and cart to make it easy to get it to the water with one arm.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    I've been on the trainer everyday. Can do that without risk of falling. Once they piece the joint back together I'll have to be extra careful to not fall on it for a bit, but there will be plenty of hiking and scouting for elk this sumner.

It's the silver lining of an injury sometimes; it forces you to take a step back and look at life through a broader scope. At least you have some answers and now know what lies ahead. You'll crush this recovery I am certain!

I've been on the trainer everyday. Can do that without risk of falling. Once they piece the joint back together I'll have to be extra careful to not fall on it for a bit, but there will be plenty of hiking and scouting for elk this sumner.
    FWIW, I moved the shifter on the cross bike I was using on the trainer. Reaching down and under the drop bars was definitely a no go for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Touring_Sedan View Post
    FWIW, I moved the shifter on the cross bike I was using on the trainer. Reaching down and under the drop bars was definitely a no go for me.

Good call. Reaching across to use the right brifter with left hand is pretty tough.

Good call. Reaching across to use the right brifter with left hand is pretty tough.
    I may, or may not have fallen on my face several times trying to do just that.

Welp, finally got the results. Labrum tear that broke off a piece of bone. Need a CT now. Possible invasive surgery so I am guessing plates/screws to reattach broken off piece of bone. Any my buddy was wrenching on this thing for like 15 minutes on the trail LOLOL. No wonder it hurt so bad.....and still fucking hurts. I'll see a trail in 6 months. Fuck me.
    I'm confused. What were the results you got from, if it wasn't already from a CT?
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    I'm confused. What were the results you got if it wasn't already from a CT?
    I had an MRI with contrast and they saw the tear and fracture they didn't see with xrays. CT scan now needed to see the extent of the fracture so they can decided how invasive they may need to go with surgery. Getting pretty antsy. 3 weeks now and this fucking thing still hurts pretty bad.

Gotcha. I thought they did either CT or MRI, and then would go to arthroscopy if they needed more

Gotcha. I thought they did either CT or MRI, and then would go to arthroscopy if they needed more
    Yeah the MRI was an arthrogram where they injected the contrast directly into the shoulder. Different than an "MRI with contrast" I suppose since that kind they put the contrast into the blood stream.

I always thought they did the same thing but apparently the CT will show more of the bone that's not attached and where it should go (at least that's what I get from this)?

Shoulder CT-arthrography and MR-arthrography yield very similar results in many clinical scenarios. Definition of the respective indications of both techniques depends on many factors, but it is primarily the relative availability and local experience. MR-arthrography is superior for visualization of the intra-articular portion of ligaments and depiction of bone marrow changes, while CT-arthrography is the method of choice for assessment of articular cartilage surface lesions, fractures, and bony avulsions like osseous Bankart lesions.
    It goes specifically to CT being superior for glenoid rim fractures and rebuilding models. It also says the CT will be faster and more comfortable for you.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4805613/
    </rabbithole>

I always thought they did the same thing but apparently the CT will show more of the bone that's not attached and where it should go (at least that's what I get from this)?

It goes specifically to CT being superior for glenoid rim fractures and rebuilding models. It also says the CT will be faster and more comfortable for you.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4805613/
    </rabbithole>
    Interesting

What's so weird about this is that I had pretty major pain in my armpit for the first 3 or 4 days....I assume thats where the glenoid rim was damaged. Lower frontal side of the rim/labrum. That pain all but went away. Now 3 weeks in the top/outside of shoulder and forearm is where all the pain is. I suppose there just aren't nearly as much nerves where the actual damage to the socket is, but the muscles that got super stretched on the outside of the joint/upper arm are still very pissed off.

Interesting

What's so weird about this is that I had pretty major pain in my armpit for the first 3 or 4 days....I assume thats where the glenoid rim was damaged. Lower frontal side of the rim/labrum. That pain all but went away. Now 3 weeks in the top/outside of shoulder and forearm is where all the pain is. I suppose there just aren't nearly as much nerves where the actual damage to the socket is, but the muscles that got super stretched on the outside of the joint/upper arm are still very pissed off.
    If you sat with your shoulder dislocated for as long as you did and couple that with the difficult reduction, the pain that you describe is probably from a traction injury to the nerves in your upper arm.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Once they piece the joint back together I'll have to be extra careful to not fall on it for a bit, but there will be plenty of hiking and scouting for elk this sumner.
    Don't overlook walking paths around town early on. I spent the early part of my shoulder rehab walking the paved path along the Willamette river in PDX. Good exercise, good urban scenery, less chance of a stumble/fall.

I found it amusing that a recurring conversation among groups of women I passed was How To Fix Your Significant Other. Maybe that was the point of their walk?

Got my first bill from Grand Junction. $6600 and insurance only covered $1100. So it begins. :::lubes up:::

Got my first bill from Grand Junction. $6600 and insurance only covered $1100. So it begins. :::lubes up:::
    Was that out of network?

Try negotiating

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Dude, if you want help looking at your insurance coverage and bills, hit me with a PM.

You're going to hit you out of pocket max during this whole thing, so whatever that number is is what you're going to end up paying. Doesn't really matter how you get there.

Good luck dude, you got this.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    You're going to hit you out of pocket max during this whole thing, so whatever that number is is what you're going to end up paying. Doesn't really matter how you get there.

Good luck dude, you got this.

This has been my approach with big injuries.... Not saying it's the way to do things.. but yeah.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

I know when I had a concussion here in SLC, i rode into the U ER, got hit out of network because I had IHC, called, told them it was emergency, and they treated it as in network. Always worth a shot, but 3nd to what Tgapp said.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    This has been my approach with big injuries.... Not saying it's the way to do things.. but yeah.
    I guess a little bit of nuance to my statement:

You'll have an in network max deductible and an out of network, so yeah, it behooves you to do your homework and make sure that both the provider AND the hospital/urgent care/whatever are in network. Sometimes, one can be in network but the other will be out of network.

WRG probably has in and out net maximums. Emergency services provided until stable and transported to an in-net facility should accrue to the in-net max. But yeah, you might be seeing billing notes on your EOBs that show how the charges are being applied. I'd look at those before worrying too much. And yeah, you're at least going to hit your in-net max.