Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 216
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Posts
    15,121

    Maggots in Grand Junction...help please.

    Long story typing with one hand. Wrecked shoulder in Moab. Ended up at hospital in gj. Now at clarion hotel. Phone gonna die. Wallet truck etc in moab. Friend coming in a few hours. Can't even buy ibuprofen phone charger etc. Anyone help this beatered mag?

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Posts
    15,121
    Wow. Tried to buy phone cord, ibuprofen and water at gas station. Tap pay from phone wouldn't work. Left items and walked to hotel. 5 mins later total stranger purchased item for me and dropped at hotel front desk and just left before I could talk to them. People are still good! Maggot rescue no longer required.

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    OOTAH
    Posts
    3,360
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Wow. Tried to buy phone cord, ibuprofen and water at gas station. Tap pay from phone wouldn't work. Left items and walked to hotel. 5 mins later total stranger purchased item for me and dropped at hotel front desk and just left before I could talk to them. People are still good! Maggot rescue no longer required.

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Good to hear, good luck with the shoulder! One of the things that scares me about traveling by myself, is a situation just like yours.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    6,810
    shit dude, good luck

    bike crash i assume?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Posts
    15,121
    Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    Good to hear, good luck with the shoulder! One of the things that scares me about traveling by myself, is a situation just like yours.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Thank you. Have two friends in Moab getting my bike which is way up on the top of Goldbar Rim. Then they are driving my truck here and picking me up. At 1am hospital decided not to keep me. Still destroyed on ketamine I had to use google stored Cc number in phone to book a hotel room and use hospital discharge papers as my ID haha.

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Bozeman
    Posts
    302
    Bummer.

    I messed up my shoulder pretty bad 2 summers ago mountain biking up in Moser. I had surgery and 5 months of PT, and I'm more or less back to normal now. Let me know if you need anything when you get back to Bozeman - I know what it's like to be in that position and it sucks!

    If you need an ortho recommendation in Bozeman, let me know, too. I don't know how similar our injuries are, but I was happy with my surgery outcome and PT experience (long road though).

    Hope you're on the mend soon.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Posts
    15,121
    Quote Originally Posted by elesquiador View Post
    Bummer.

    I messed up my shoulder pretty bad 2 summers ago mountain biking up in Moser. I had surgery and 5 months of PT, and I'm more or less back to normal now. Let me know if you need anything when you get back to Bozeman - I know what it's like to be in that position and it sucks!

    If you need an ortho recommendation in Bozeman, let me know, too. I don't know how similar our injuries are, but I was happy with my surgery outcome and PT experience (long road though).

    Hope you're on the mend soon.
    Thanks. Buddy recommended Dr. Legrand at Bridger. I mega dislocated my shoulder and probably tore a bunch of ligaments. Took 6 docs and nurses 25 mins to get my arm back in last night. Fuck ketamine. Ugh.

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Stumptown
    Posts
    7,997
    Damn dude, that sounds rough. Glad that you got what you needed in the moment there. Heal fast

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    9,804
    Yeesh, man. Can't help, but ++vibes for quick-as-possible recovery.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,186
    Goldbar rim put me in the GJ hospital for 5 days a few years back. SAR got me off trail. Legit bad place to get hurt. Heal up!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    9,804
    Just a guess... but one of those optional drops on the rim proper?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Bozeman
    Posts
    302
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Thanks. Buddy recommended Dr. Legrand at Bridger. I mega dislocated my shoulder and probably tore a bunch of ligaments. Took 6 docs and nurses 25 mins to get my arm back in last night. Fuck ketamine. Ugh.

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Dr. Schwartzenberger at Bridger did my surgery. I broke my glenoid (the socket in your shoulder blade that the humerus sits in). I did all my PT at Bridger too with Susan Brown and thought they did a really good job. I think either Dr. at Bridger is a good choice. Take it slow!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Posts
    15,121
    Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Goldbar rim put me in the GJ hospital for 5 days a few years back. SAR got me off trail. Legit bad place to get hurt. Heal up!
    Jeep Week had poison spider jammed and ground SAR would have taken like 8-10 hours. After 3 hours of 11 pain they sent a bird up and landed right on the rim. Insane. Gonna find out just how bad my insurance is.
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Just a guess... but one of those optional drops on the rim proper?
    Stupidily while climbing up a 3foot ledge about 2 mile north of portal. Felt to side and tried to catch myself on a tree. Instant loud snap and arm deformity. Arm was like 3 inches below shoulder. Inferior dislocation I guess. Had buddy pull on it for like 30 mins trying to fight it back into socket. Never that close to fainting from pain. Heli medics assumed humerus break because so deformed.
    Quote Originally Posted by elesquiador View Post
    Dr. Schwartzenberger at Bridger did my surgery. I broke my glenoid (the socket in your shoulder blade that the humerus sits in). I did all my PT at Bridger too with Susan Brown and thought they did a really good job. I think either Dr. at Bridger is a good choice. Take it slow!
    Ok thanks. I have team relationship with lone peak pt so will probably go there.

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    59715
    Posts
    4,673
    Your insurance for air ambulance won't be bad because it doesn't cover air ambulance in the first place.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hell Track
    Posts
    11,783
    Oof. Shitty situation. Glad you got out and are at least somewhat back on track now. Hope the healing process is quick-ish.

    Moab is good at breaking things.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Posts
    15,121
    Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Your insurance for air ambulance won't be bad because it doesn't cover air ambulance in the first place.
    That was my understanding. $20k at least I guess. ::::sells everything:::

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Imaginationland
    Posts
    4,511
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    That was my understanding. $20k at least I guess. ::::sells everything:::

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    If you need financial help, post up the link here. We've most definitely given money to far, far less worthy around here. Happy to pitch a few bucks your way dude. Heal up!

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    slc
    Posts
    15,562
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Stupidily while climbing up a 3foot ledge about 2 mile north of portal. Felt to side and tried to catch myself on a tree. Instant loud snap and arm deformity. Arm was like 3 inches below shoulder. Inferior dislocation I guess.
    That is one shitty way to end up needing a heli evac. Serious vibes. If you will be heading through SLC on the way back to MT and need a place to crash or help of any kind let me know.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Posts
    15,121
    Thanks mags. I spent 2-3 hours trying to summon the gusto to try to walk without puking or fainting. The options were no meds and attempting a several hour hike down in the dark or meds and bird. I've walked on broken ankles and would have gladly had to do that instead.

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    8530' MST/200' EST
    Posts
    3,719
    Ditto on SLC assistance if needed, and ditto on gofund me link.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    827
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    That was my understanding. $20k at least I guess. ::::sells everything:::

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Shitty situation but I’m glad to hear it’s starting to go the right way.

    My fiancée got flown out of the south hills a few years ago. She was able to negotiate the fee down and the coverage up, but it took a lot of follow-through and time on the phone. Take very good notes of every call.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Ogden
    Posts
    7,531
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    That was my understanding. $20k at least I guess. ::::sells everything:::

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Did they transfer you directly to the hospital or to a waiting ground ambulance? And what was the helicopter service?

  23. #23
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Posts
    15,121
    Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Did they transfer you directly to the hospital or to a waiting ground ambulance? And what was the helicopter service?
    They flew me direct from the rim to st Mary's in cj. This is gonna cost me a shitload

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

  24. #24
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Posts
    15,121
    Classic Air? Dudes were extremely stoked to land 5 feet from edge of the rim.

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Your Mom's House
    Posts
    7,606
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    land 5 feet from edge of the rim.
    FKN ballers.

    I've only discloated a shoulder once and not nearly as bad and hooooolllleee fuck did it hurt. I can absolutely understand why you called in the birdy.

    Quote Originally Posted by evasive_MT View Post
    My fiancée got flown out of the south hills a few years ago. She was able to negotiate the fee down and the coverage up, but it took a lot of follow-through and time on the phone. Take very good notes of every call.
    FWIW I also had good luck in the past negotiating down an ambulance bill not covered by insurance, but wheeled ambulance, not heli. Had to provide lots of evidence of financial situation, lots of phones calls, payment plan, etc. Hope you're able to work something too and good luck with the recovery!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •