Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    you were just another gomer

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    WTF are you talking about. OP says he was told he had to leave the hospital at 1 am when he was still feeling like shit, still under the effects of Ketamine, and had little means to get about at 1 am. I'm saying that sucks, regardless of EMTALA. I'm also saying 'transfer' is a euphemism for someone being discharged onto the street (regardless of who's term it is). Where was he transferred to? Did the hospital arrange the hotel by the airport that he was 'transferred' to? (they may have, i don't know.) If he was transferred there does his insurance cover the hotel room?
    Regarding my experience, all they give a shit about is whether or not your pooping, or in some cases, just farting. That's the bar for being sent home (post surgery) regardless of anything else (except perhaps the spirometer which I always crush out the gate). And they do everything they can to make sure you are pooping or farting within the alloted time frame.
    If you think the idea of insurance companies incentivizing hospitals for outcomes favorable to their collective bottom lines is akin to anti-vax sentiments I'm not sure what to tell you about the real world, but it's out there and you should learn about it.
    Did you miss OP’s post that said he had no beef with the hospital? You sound like you need counseling and some Xanax

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I did not miss it, -unicorn - and I share some of the concerns expressed.

better choices could have been made
    ( and I am more than a little uneasy with those working in the (industry) missing important points ( WrG was not transferred, he was discharged - alone at one.am, while still Under the Influence - Not to 'home' - hundreds of miles from home.
    he was discharged to the street )

... those in the industry working a fourth twenty-four hour shift in five days...

Less than forty-eight hours after his Discharge at one.am, I am glad WrG 'does not have a beef with the hospital' ;
    I hope he feels the same way in two weeks. and two months...

There is still a learning opportunity here.

- let him sit in the ED overnight - under medical observation while the Ketamine wears off
    ( the week an nfl player is killed while on-foot on an Interstate highway before 7am. . . ) --

finally, your reaction that powdork needs counseling and Xanax , ,,, is disappointing.
    You have made great contributions in the threads of these forums ;
    You are better than this.

with Respect. tj

Maggots in Grand Junction...help please.

Powdork is hysterical. Do you know how long the effects of ketamine last? Do you know if the ED staff discharged WRG before the ketamine wore off? Was WRG feeling the ketamine or was it the emotional and physical trauma of the whole ordeal that he was feeling. Keeping the patient in the ED overnight isn’t a realistic solution given that his shoulder was reduced, ketamine had been metabolized and he didn’t have any other injuries. Do you think that the ED in GJ didn’t consider any of this. EDs aren’t a nanny service.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    im giving up on correct caps/punctuation for now. too much work one handed.

i really dont think they did anything wrong. they called the hotel and explained i was coming without any id. i was able to use my phone with help of nurse to pay for my room. i couldnt really read the screen haha. the hospital was gonna send me to some free thing called rose hill. sounded kinda like a converted motel or something. i missed the time cutoff to go there so they said i needed to buy a room somewhere. they wheeled me down to exit and i waited for my pingpong ride in the back of some cab who was really in a hurry. all good.

going to ortho now. hope to get mri soon. still hope its just sore as f. sleeping sucks and is limited as shoulder pain ramps way up at night. gotta be careful with trying to move arm. stabbing pains in front and outside of shoulder. i really want to put on an actual shirt but seems impossible for now.

heal up fast and strong.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Always look on the sunny side, maybe this will give your post Covid symptoms time to resolve

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Always look on the sunny side, maybe this will give your post Covid symptoms time to resolve

actually felt decent riding ahab on friday. felt great riding porc on sat then felt pretty much normal on sunday on mag 7.

Powdork is hysterical. Do you know how long the effects of ketamine last? Do you know if the ED staff discharged WRG before the ketamine wore off? Was WRG feeling the ketamine or was it the emotional and physical trauma of the whole ordeal that he was feeling. Keeping the patient in the ED overnight isn’t a realistic solution given that his shoulder was reduced, ketamine had been metabolized and he didn’t have any other injuries. Do you think that the ED in GJ didn’t consider any of this. EDs aren’t a nanny service.
    All I said was it sucked to get 'transferred' at 1 am. And I suggested that 'transferred' is a strange euphemism for disharged. However it does seem that they were trying to 'transfer' him to the Rose Hill hospital affiliated hotel.
    Regarding the Ketamine I was simply going by the OP's own words
    At 1am hospital decided not to keep me. Still destroyed on ketamine I had to use google stored Cc number in phone to book a hotel room and use hospital discharge papers as my ID haha.
    You should maybe look up hysterical.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Why does every fucking thread degenerate into a pissing match anymore?

WRG, glad to hear you made it home. If you need help with anything give a shout.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Thank you. Have two friends in Moab getting my bike which is way up on the top of Goldbar Rim. Then they are driving my truck here and picking me up. At 1am hospital decided not to keep me. Still destroyed on ketamine I had to use google stored Cc number in phone to book a hotel room and use hospital discharge papers as my ID haha.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    'Still destroyed on ketamine' is a strong statement -

I have great Respect and appreciation for front--line medical workers over the last two years. ... impossible circumstances.

still., I do not believe turning a patient out alone at one.am is good patient care.

I know hospitals have policies and rules and laws and hopefully good patient care is (still) part of the process
    ( turning someone out at one.am so they can hire a ride to an all-night gas station/convenience store so they can walk to a hotel is not good patient care

( your "nanny service" comment is acknowledged. . . . )

again, I respect and I appreciate front-line medical workers for enduring the last two years - Thank you.

WrG has received extraordinary encouragement in the pages of these forums and I am glad he IS home -

May his recovery continue --

Thank you. skiJ

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Why does every fucking thread degenerate into a pissing match anymore?
    t.
    Cause you fucking guys don't listen to me. Fuck!

WRG, heal up fast man. That sounds like a bunch of pain brother. Hope you can find fun ways to mitigate that man.

😄😄😄😄😄😄😄

mark one Up for gary !

skiJ

Without pissing matches this would be just another pansy ski forum.

'Home' is obviously sarcastic and in the perspective of hospital jargon, dumbass.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Time and a place. This is neither.

You guys should be grateful Benny hasn’t fucked up this thread.

Heal up fast WRG.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

That’s great that X-rays are normal. Best wishes with your recovery.

If it hasn’t been mentioned, consider sleeping in a reclining chair. It can really help with shoulder injury associated sleep deprivation.

How will your bike get home from Denver? If it helps, I’ll probably be in Red Lodge in early July and could bring it. Or I can get the box from Adrenalated, then pack and ship it to you.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    You guys should be grateful Benny hasn’t fucked up this thread.

Heal up fast WRG.

word.

Quote Originally Posted by timackie View Post
    That’s great that X-rays are normal. Best wishes with your recovery.

If it hasn’t been mentioned, consider sleeping in a reclining chair. It can really help with shoulder injury associated sleep deprivation.

How will your bike get home from Denver? If it helps, I’ll probably be in Red Lodge in early July and could bring it. Or I can get the box from Adrenalated, then pack and ship it to you.
    Yea sitting up helped me sleep some last night. doc prescribed muscle relaxers today. im supposed to be in co for wedding next month so may pick up bike then or buddy will ship to me. thanks for offer. if needed i will take you up on it.

Yea sitting up helped me sleep some last night. doc prescribed muscle relaxers today. im supposed to be in co for wedding next month so may pick up bike then or buddy will ship to me. thanks for offer. if needed i will take you up on it.
    I bought one of those sleep wedge back supports the first time that I broke my shoulder. Great relief

xrays look good. doc thinking labrum. waiting for auth for mri.
    i tore my labrum in 2019, bad news is that recovery was somewhat tough (that wedge pillow that magnificent unicorn recommends is money) - like 6 weeks in a sling, and then limited use for another 5 months or so - but the good news is that my repaired shoulder is now stronger than ever, and i have returned to full activity.

glad the xray was okay and i hope that you have the same positive outcome. keep your head up, WRG. you'll get through this and be back on the bike in no time.

Just picked up this big wedge pillow thing. stoked on that. my armpit feels like its on fire. interesting.

Just picked up this big wedge pillow thing. stoked on that. my armpit feels like its on fire. interesting.
    Ice your armpit. Move as much as you can tolerate. Shoulders freeze up more than other joints

Ice your armpit. Move as much as you can tolerate. Shoulders freeze up more than other joints
    TGR Forums[/url]
    Magnificent one I cannot add any medical/physio advice to this thread. However, I can say unequivocally - ice your scotch. Those folks who like it without water and/or ice are wankers. OK carry on Mr. Guardian! Sorry for the thread drift.