Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    They flew me direct from the rim to st Mary's in cj. This is gonna cost me a shitload

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Copy. I ask because Life Flights policy was/is (not sure anymore), if they just extract from the backcountry and then transfer you to a waiting ground unit, there was no charge.

Sorry to hear about your injury! I hope you have a speedy recovery. Like others have said, let me know if you need any help as you travel home, the SLC mags have ya covered.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Thanks SLC super mags. Really hoping to get in the truck and straightline home to MT. My own bed would be really great right now.

JHad buddy pull on it for like 30 mins trying to fight it back into socket.

Yeeeeeeikes!!!!!!!! I’ve done it to the same shoulder twice. Second time I thought maybe try this, for a second. Less than a second. Wowzah level pain. Woof.

Get well mang, vibes.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Yikes man. That sounds awful. Good luck with your trip north.

Maggots in Grand Junction...help please.

Sorry to hear that. The older I get, just turned 57, the less I like going balls out on my MTB. I realize you are still a young fellah but It might be time for a nice gravel bike and long hours in the saddle. Just sayin is all. I wish you all the best.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Dude, this sucks. Sorry to hear. Damn.
    Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Your insurance for air ambulance won't be bad because it doesn't cover air ambulance in the first place.
    Ok, that made me laugh.

Somebody in MT get a goFundme going. We can do this!

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Please no gofund or anything. I put myself in this situation.

Hey! If we wanna help then shut up and accept it.

Tell ya what, when I go to sell my house in the next couple of years you get 1st crack at the listing. Heal up.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Copy. I ask because Life Flights policy was/is (not sure anymore), if they just extract from the backcountry and then transfer you to a waiting ground unit, there was no charge.
    If they don't transport to the hospital you don't get a bill. Heck you can get flown to the trail head and have a friend drive you to the hospital. If they shoot you up with a bunch of narcotics you may be stuck with a transport though......
    When life gives you haters, make haterade.

Quote Originally Posted by sfotex View Post
    If they don't transport to the hospital you don't get a bill. Heck you can get flown to the trail head and have a friend drive you to the hospital. If they shoot you up with a bunch of narcotics you may be stuck with a transport though......
    That's what I thought. Didn't know if it had changed.

you've taken a few for the team already this year
    take care of yourself
    it will only get better from here

Your insurance might be shitty but if it’s real insurance, might not be as bad as you think. Check out the No Surprises Act that went live Jan 1.

https://www.cms.gov/newsroom/fact-sh...-medical-bills

Please no gofund or anything. I put myself in this situation.

Yeah yeah. I'm the same way, but $37 from a bunch of mags is a few beers, so nobody cares and it saves a liver. So truly we're helping ourselves first and you're second.

Heal up man!

I'm sure Blurred will drop you $10k to help pay for it.

Nasty one white room. Heal up fast man!

Thanks. Buddy recommended Dr. Legrand at Bridger. I mega dislocated my shoulder and probably tore a bunch of ligaments. Took 6 docs and nurses 25 mins to get my arm back in last night. Fuck ketamine. Ugh.

My wife and I have both been to Legrand for MCLs. No surgery though. Not sure if he does shoulders. I had to see a different doc for my ankle while he was looking after my knee. Erica and Emily at PT are awesome.

Thank you. Have two friends in Moab getting my bike which is way up on the top of Goldbar Rim. Then they are driving my truck here and picking me up. At 1am hospital decided not to keep me. Still destroyed on ketamine I had to use google stored Cc number in phone to book a hotel room and use hospital discharge papers as my ID haha.

Might be TR of the year. Epic adventures!

Damn, this sucks. I'll kick in $$ for WRG. Nobody should have to shoulder a 20k evac bill. Let us know what happens. Hope you get home okay!

Your insurance should cover your medevac, you will pay out of pocket max/deductible/co-insurance for balance, like any other healthcare scenario.

Classic Air dropped their "medevac insurance membership". Medevac insurance only covers the "balance" not the entire bill. Medicaid/medicare has no balance billing. Third party payor does.

Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead View Post
    Your insurance should cover your medevac, you will pay out of pocket max/deductible/co-insurance for balance, like any other healthcare scenario.

Classic Air dropped their "medevac insurance membership". Medevac insurance only covers the "balance" not the entire bill. Medicaid/medicare has no balance billing. Third party payor does.
    This is the most likely scenario. What I was getting at with the no surprises act post. And think about it this way, the surgery and PT would probably hit your out of pocket anyway so you just got a “free” flight and didn’t have to walk.

I dislocated and shattered my humerus head (the ball part of the joint) in the early 90's snowboarding in Crested Butte. Same thing with the shoulder dropped way down. That was the most pain I've ever experienced in my life, and I was in the clinic with it back in the socket within about an hour. I can't imagine several hours of that pain. Mine needed surgery to repair the joint and it was a week before the hospital in Montrose could fit me in. I didn't have ligament damage but the arm was numb and paralyzed for several weeks because the nerves got stretched. 6 months of PT. Hope yours goes better!
    "Holy Cow!" someone exclaimed from the back of the stationwagon.

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    If you need financial help, post up the link here. We've most definitely given money to far, far less worthy around here. Happy to pitch a few bucks your way dude. Heal up!
    Aye

Thank you. Have two friends in Moab getting my bike which is way up on the top of Goldbar Rim. Then they are driving my truck here and picking me up. At 1am hospital decided not to keep me. Still destroyed on ketamine I had to use google stored Cc number in phone to book a hotel room and use hospital discharge papers as my ID haha.
    That's just wrong. It seems like they have a set time for certain items/procedures (much like a mechanic). If the hospital keeps you past said time they lose standing or points with the insurance group in some way. I was definitely sent home too soon after my knee replacement. Had to drive back there on Norcos bleeding all over the place. Next time I may lie about pooping to get some extra time.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Sorry to hear this. Hits home, my favourite travels are solo camping / mountain biking trips to Moab, GJ, Fruita etc.

Try not to focus on the $ stuff right now but you've got a ton of friends here who are happy to pitch in times like this.