preview from heliskiing with Chugach Powder Guides 4/9/22

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GPTempDownload.JPG 
Views:	144 
Size:	246.9 KB 
ID:	412697

I got the call to go standby yesterday; first time heliskiing. I'll edit something more substantial and post it later, but it was a pretty great day! Here's a preview with two raw files I just uploaded:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oY3Ohgwdg0
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7S7IXSf8OE

Great stuff. Cool how the guide talks you through the line while you are skiing.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Between a rock and a soft place. Aberdare and The Brecon Beacons, Wales
    Fantastic

sick.
    are those the Spats I sold to you?? Awesome to see them in their natural habitat.

Quote Originally Posted by N1CK. View Post
    sick.
    are those the Spats I sold to you?? Awesome to see them in their natural habitat.
    They are not. These are the first set I bought that had Pivot 14s (indemnified! and already set to my BSL!) which made me fall madly in love with Spatulas, and made my passion for Volant Machetes grow that much deeper. The ones you sold me are the back-up in the event that one of these delaminates or bends, but I'm debating putting demo bindings on so friends can ski the steel too. Come to Alaska and take a rip in them!

I admit I got a little chubby seeing Spatulas getting loaded into the helicopter the first time. I'm obviously not looking at my feet when I'm skiing, so watching them in the video was cool for me too; you really see how they kind of rise up and almost hydroplane when you get a little speed on them. It makes for a much more dynamic experience since they kind of pivot rather than arc; my Pontoons feel practically static in comparison (and slow).

Sweet trip! Gotta ask what’s with putting your pole straps on though

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    Sweet trip! Gotta ask what’s with putting your pole straps on though
    I'm old school? Really I think it was just force of habit.

I've barely done some sled-skiing this year, and otherwise all of my life I've been in established lift-served areas (with perhaps the exception of the rope tow that I grew up with that didn't have a designated in/out of bounds or a ski patrol, etc.; we were just happy when the guy showed up to start the engine). This was my first heli-trip. I have some Dukes on a pair of Pontoons but I don't have a beacon/shovel/probe let alone skins or an Avy 1 under my belt.

Nice!