Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    yo
    Attachment 459748

Hmmm. You should PM a price on the two shortys in the middle.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

There are 2/3 pair undrilled. Another couple pair drilled never skied. Most all skis pictured are unskied.will be located in Syracuse NY.

I'll get a gear swap post going based on this interest. Dude does not want.to ship. I'm picking.them up mid December. I will ship it deliver. He's giving me a couple pair for my effort.

DJ, will pm or text about clamps

That is some quality hoarding right there! Do I spy two pairs of Katana's in a longish length still in plastic? IMO that last run of the mostly all green katana was one of the best looking skis ever.

Damn…I’m near Syracuse (somewhat)….I’ll take Dragons….(been hunting for them for years)

Yeah if anyone is.near the cuse can arrange pick-up

Did some searching but not much info on the Rise Beyond
    Some good deals right now: https://www.telemark-pyrenees.com/sk...nd-96-ski-2023
    I wonder if they ski like a cambered tail or if the camber is minimal and the tails feel loose enough to not catch too much? Seems like a nice ski for mountaineering around here.

Quote Originally Posted by kamtron View Post
    Did some searching but not much info on the Rise Beyond
    Some good deals right now: https://www.telemark-pyrenees.com/sk...nd-96-ski-2023
    I wonder if they ski like a cambered tail or if the camber is minimal and the tails feel loose enough to not catch too much? Seems like a nice ski for mountaineering around here.
    I skied the Rise Beyond 98 which is a different shape, identical to the older VTA 98. The tails definitely felt cambered, not loose at all.

Just a follow up to the skis etc pictured. I'll deal w all of it mid December. Word.

Wait— you post those rad pics and then tell people to wait six months?

That’s just mean. Like, older sibling mean.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

All Things Volkl Thread

I’m in for hobbit size undrilled Katanas, preferably dragons. Can be upstate AF if necessary

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by ticketchecker; 08-25-2023 at 07:13 AM.

Dude is going through a divorce and a house sale. I'm in Montana.

Later this summer of ppl are near Syracuse I'll arrange a meet up.

Good things come to those who wait

Missed any sizing info. Are there 191s?

No longs. 186 bode is prob the longest.

The puder luders may be 190

Anyone that claims a ski I'll honor once I get my hands on them. Peace

Even those 184s new in plastic that's a sweet situation

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

No longs. 186 bode is prob the longest.

The puder luders may be 190

Anyone that claims a ski I'll honor once I get my hands on them. Peace

I’ll take a 184 katana if there is one available still, prefer one of those in the plastic if possible. And I’ll swing out to Syracuse to get them when you come east.

You guys have any experience with the Volkl Rise Beyond ski? I'm looking for a burly spring mountaineering ski. I'd also take an older VTA in what, 167-169- up to 171 (I'm 5.5 and 130#).

Sent from my SM-A536U using Tapatalk

Anyone have thoughts on og katanas vs og bodacoius?

Buddy is giving me whatever, I'm on og devastators as the daily. Was thinking an old legend pro 94 waist for groomers. And the katana for the big ski. Now thinking the bodacoius for the big ski.

Both would prob be rad. Bodes would be more chargey me thinks

Buddy is giving me whatever, I'm on og devastators as the daily. Was thinking an old legend pro 94 waist for groomers. And the katana for the big ski. Now thinking the bodacoius for the big ski.

I’ve only skied Katanas once tons of years ago, but look at the sidecut numbers.

The more you want/need your big ski to hook up/carve on harder surfaces, the more you should consider the Katana vs the og Bode

Quote Originally Posted by homemadesalsa View Post
    You guys have any experience with the Volkl Rise Beyond ski? I'm looking for a burly spring mountaineering ski. I'd also take an older VTA in what, 167-169- up to 171 (I'm 5.5 and 130#).

Sent from my SM-A536U using Tapatalk
    Bump, also interested in more data on these.

Tiphaine Duperier and Boris Langenstein are using the narrower versions to do some next level skiing!

https://soundcloud.com/american-alpi...haine-duperier

http://publications.americanalpinecl...es/13201216026

Quote Originally Posted by kamtron View Post
    Bump, also interested in more data on these.

Tiphaine Duperier and Boris Langenstein are using the narrower versions to do some next level skiing!

https://soundcloud.com/american-alpi...haine-duperier

http://publications.americanalpinecl...es/13201216026
    They are skiing some incredible lines! I try not to take too much from what equipment pros are using since they are required to say good things, and they are skilled enough to make it work on any skis. For my and my mediocre ability, I found the tails on the Rise Beyond 98 to be too demanding in weird backcountry snow conditions but they were excellent on consistent firm snow and the construction is fantastic as one would expect with Volkl.

Quote Originally Posted by bry View Post
    Even those 184s new in plastic that's a sweet situation

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
    Those 184 Katanas are great skis. I daily drove those at Jackson Hole one season back in 2014. I had the 191s too, but was only 180lbs back then so the 184s saw a lot more use. Both sizes are some of my favorite skis of all time

Katana is a better daily driver, Bodacious is a better powder ski. Katana still skis powder well, and Bodacious can still be daily driven if you like a wide ski and/or ski at a high snowfall area.

Both charge great, but I think I’d give the nod to Bodacious in off piste terrain. The Bodacious will flap more though if you are just railing a groomer at high speeds, the Katana is better for mach snell on piste.

Nice. Thx!

Both are cold dead hands skis for me. You should get a set of each if you can lol.

I can’t wait to ski my Katana 108s this upcoming season. I’m a little late to the party, but better late than never.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Pabst View Post
    That is some quality hoarding right there! Do I spy two pairs of Katana's in a longish length still in plastic? IMO that last run of the mostly all green katana was one of the best looking skis ever.
    Yeah, I like this guy's style: "Sometimes you need a backup for your backup!".