Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownski View Post
    Yeah, we really do miss out on some of the best smaller vehicles in the US. My understanding is that VW makes some good mid sized vans for Europe and Ford has a whole family of midsized Transits that arenít sold here.

On the upside, I made a quick run upstate in my Sienna this week and it worked really well. I ended sleeping in my hammock but the van was there in case of rain and moved my kayak and gear back and forth stress free.
    On the larger side, my Brother in law in Germany has a really nice VW 4WD full sized van. He uses it to tow a trailer with a tractor up a fairly steep incline to mow his orchard that's slightly out of town. It ain't no 80s Synchro Vanagon, as sweet as those were. My sister did have a mid sized VW like you're talking about, but it got old and they got rid of it.

Since the breaking in period, Iíve generally left the Sienna in eco mode to maximize mpg but decided to try out sport mode this week. I am not sure I could feel the difference between normal and eco but it is a noticeably better driving vehicle in sport mode. Still a minivan but a whole different confidence inspiring beast, almost fun.
    I can't wait to win the megajillions and buy a fully loaded 2024 Sienna. I played around with the configurator and I can't afford the cheapest AWD one right now.

I got the cheapest configuration possible and itís still the most expensive car I ever bought.

Canít find the land cruiser thread, but it sounds like Toyota is piloting a hydrogen icu in the hiaceís in Australia

https://www.motor1.com/news/695895/t...d-cruiser/amp/

Why can't we have nice things?

I am still hoping for hydrogen icuís in cars for the Everyman, including 3 pedal cars, and a good network for distribution.

So I've been rocking a loaded '23 Chrysler Pacifica these last couple weeks while car's in the body shop for a minor incident. (women, amiright?) While I can already tell you this thing will be a turd come 100K, while brand new... and a rental, it's... not bad! I can totally see the appeal of a minivan. The stow-n-go seating kicks ass. The glitchy screen that likes to fully crash occasionally however does not. Still, it was hilarious today when buying a Christmas tree and the guy helping asked what I'd be hauling it in, and I told him a minivan as I pointed to it. He was like "on top?" I said, "No. Just toss it inside. It'll fit." Guy was like "You sure?" He continued to seem puzzled when I pulled up and opened up the back. Threw it in with a foot to spare. Dude still seemed baffled. WTF? Is this why people all think they "need" giant ass trucks and SUVs? Much like our wagons we love so much, people really underestimate van's capabilities for real. Not gonna lie. This thing's been great for tooling around with the kids. I got half a mind to stow all the rear seats and take the wife out for a proper "test drive" if you know what I mean.

Maybe he was puzzled because most people with a new vehicle wouldn't put a sap dripping pine needle shedding tree inside it.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Maybe he was puzzled because most people with a new vehicle wouldn't put a sap dripping pine needle shedding tree inside it.
    That's what I'm thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Meh. That's what an old sheet's for. I used to haul trees in my XC70 like a champ too. Most people just don't comprehend just how voluminous wagons and vans actually are.

Sent from my Pixel 8 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Meh. That's what an old sheet's for. I used to haul trees in my XC70 like a champ too. Most people just don't comprehend just how voluminous wagons and vans actually are.

Sent from my Pixel 8 using TGR Forums mobile app
    I don't think I've ever heard someone complain that the inside of a minivan was too small, they just want trucks and SUV's because 'merica.

My complaints about the minivan are usually saved for things like how they designed the rear hatch to be smaller than the inside dimensions of the vehicle. Thus making it hard to get large items in it that would otherwise fit. Otherwise, I much prefer the minivan over a pickup truck for 99% of what I do. A small trailer, if I had one, would handle the other 1% of tasks. I don't overland. We don't have a whole foods around here.

Tell me about your minivan

A friend is selling an AWD Astro in central OR; pm for deets if interested.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0890.JPG 
Views:	64 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	478378

Name:	IMG_0889.JPG 
Views:	66 
Size:	425.7 KB 
ID:	478379
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4817.JPG 
Views:	73 
Size:	234.3 KB 
ID:	478372  
    Last edited by Flyoverland Captive; 12-04-2023 at 09:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    I can't wait to win the megajillions and buy a fully loaded 2024 Sienna. I played around with the configurator and I can't afford the cheapest AWD one right now.
    Holy fucking hell you're right. I kept clicking until AWD was an option and noped the fuck out after that.

Quote Originally Posted by alias#? View Post
    Holy fucking hell you're right. I kept clicking until AWD was an option and noped the fuck out after that.
    What am I missing? It lets me configure a base LE with AWD:

Name:	60E36D8D-A66C-484C-9F4D-6F5C52EC8A9A.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	185.7 KB 
ID:	478383

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    What am I missing? It lets me configure a base LE with AWD:

Name:	60E36D8D-A66C-484C-9F4D-6F5C52EC8A9A.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	185.7 KB 
ID:	478383
    Apparently me being an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by alias#? View Post
    Apparently me being an idiot.
    At least you have riser for company.

I can't afford that. Doesn't make me an; idiot, it just makes me poor.

Sorry, thought you were saying you needed to get the loaded one to be able to add AWD.

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    Sorry, thought you were saying you needed to get the loaded one to be able to add AWD.
    Ah right, there were three different statements there. 1. AWD is too expensive for me. 2. I need to win the lottery to afford it. 3. If I win the lottery I'm buying a fully loaded one, with AWD. But I stated it in a reverse and ambiguous manner. My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Ah right, there were three different statements there. 1. AWD is too expensive for me. 2. I need to win the lottery to afford it. 3. If I win the lottery I'm buying a fully loaded one, with AWD. But I stated it in a reverse and ambiguous manner. My bad.
    Nah, you said it fine. Most here just have serious failures of reading comprehension. I feel your pain, riser. Haha.

As much as I like having a minivan I can't picture spending 40k+ on one.

Inflation adjusted MSRP on a new XLE AWD is lower now than when we bought ours ten years ago.

What I find amazing is that the other brands have all caught up in price. Any new minivan is gonna be close to 40k now- without the hybrid drivetrain or AWD.

What I find amazing is that the other brands have all caught up in price. Any new minivan is gonna be close to 40k now- without the hybrid drivetrain or AWD.
    That's fucking nuts.