2022 XC - Not a fantasy, but still AWESOME!

Looks like PB isn't doing an XC fantasy league. While I enjoyed it (even though I came in last or something), I'm still amp'd.

Let's talk about:
    - Nino breaking the record and retiring as the BEST EVER (not that he's not already)
    - Henry winning on home soil (the track look RAD AF)
    -Jolanda...she's great, Leona will dominate? The return of Kate C.?, The new gal: Mona M. Hon. mention: Bec McConnell (b/c she rides a Mondraker and they're the coolest)
    -Evie. She gets her own line b/c she's adorable...and my favorite...and the best...and WC.
    - The missing roadies MvDP, Koretzky, and of course: Pidcock.

It all starts today on RedBull TV at 2:50! Be there or: L7!!!
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Per Pinkbike says it’s coming soon, but then again they’re missing first round so maybe you’re right that they’re not. Per socials Kate Courtney spent offseason training skills w Jill Kitner, we’ll see if that ups her game, but I’m not super optimistic on that though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This just in: a bunch o' people out: Sarrou (COVID).

Neff and Cooper also out (but not COVID).

Great racing on all sides and worth the watch even though the jungle made coverage challenging. The heat and humidity seemed to play a roll.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

That was an amazing weekend of racing. Short track was insanely fast. XCO was rad and Kate Courtney came from 4th row to finish top 10... seriously bad ass.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Was good to see Kate back near the front-ish. Also good to see Blevins mixing it up w lead group Friday and some on Sunday as well.

Glad McConnell finally got top step and the mens battle was phenomenal

I get that it’s hard to film in a jungle but what about panning away from the front of both races to film empty tracks or the battle for 5th? Nino attacks and then we watch an empty trail for 20s. Then doing random drone shots. Glad to be back watching though.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    That race today was fucking awesome!! NINO is unbelievable. Would love to see his average power for that whole race.

For sure Nino was MVP, that was one of his most impressive efforts that I’ve seen. Burned a few too many matches chasing back. Glad was smart to try and gap Pidcock as I imagine he knew he didn’t have a prayer in a straight up sprint

I get it...I get it: no one cares. BUT I STILL CARE...and it's in the USA this weekend.

Face it: you're not doing anything tonight. Instead if getting shit-faced in front of your TV...throw on RedBull TV and get shit-faced in front of your TV! Time's running out to watch this year - next year it won't be free and you won't see the Rob Warner/Bart B. duo!!!

So: get it while you can! You might even seen Nino break a record (I don't think you will...but you might!

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/xcc-st...-cup-2022.html

Starts at 5:20PM:
    https://www.redbull.com/int-en/event...d-cup-snowshoe

Short track is cool to watch the entire race. I put on the XCO in the background and watch the first lap and the last 1.5 laps.

This race should be pretty hectic with muddy conditions and rock caused mechanicals. So many "bimps".

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    I get it...I get it: no one cares.
    Nah, we're just not posting about it. XC races are damn near as interesting as DH races these days, so much going on at the front with a big group of riders that can win on any given day.
    Hopefully the fog lifts for the race, it's been looking super gloomy out there.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Nah, we're just not posting about it. XC races are damn near as interesting as DH races these days, so much going on at the front with a big group of riders that can win on any given day.
    Hopefully the fog lifts for the race, it's been looking super gloomy out there.
    Don't hold your breath, this is Snowshoe weather. 2019 and last year were a serious anomaly.

I was never a huge XC watcher, but I agree its almost as much fun to watch as DH. Being at the finish line last year at SS for Blevins' win certainly helped me become a fan, too.

All the favorites crashin!!!!

Short track was worth the watch.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Well….that’s rainey…and fogorific!

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

I was all set to update this, then I read that Jenny R. was out and I was too distraught to continue....

But after Jolanda pull off the short track win, my moos was buoyed a bit...so posting before tomorrow.

I'll say that Keller looks good, Bec makes interesting, and everyone's new favorite: G. Gibson ends up in the top 5.

Men: Nino will pull out on lap 5 after getting smoked (not without reason) and Hatherly, Columbo, and Braidot end up in some order at the top.

The Mount St. Anne course looks like a really great XCO course...the kind that I think of as XC when I go riding:

So you should watch...bc it'll be good...even without Jenny R.

Nearing the end of my updates, but first: WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!!!!!

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/pinkbi...ld-champs.html

(Also: We might official get sole possession of a GOAT...by lame default....wait and see I guess).

Now back to your regularly scheduled Endur-broing!!!!

Nice 3rd place finish for the US in the team relay. Really fast laps from Blevins, Batten and Riley Amos.

This just in: they still make hardtails!

Also: do you need to be the GOAT (UCI) when you're the GOAT (WC)? (although we all know: he's the GOAT...tie or not).