View Poll Results: WHO SHOULD FACE BANISHMENT

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • ZOMBIE GLADEMASTER

27 48.21%
  • BUNNY PROFANE

29 51.79%
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast
    Not sure what mcphee's on about, Benny's a real guy.

Also, I generally enjoy TR's somewhat wry takes. Yeah sometimes it's a little forced but everyone's short on material sometimes.

Harry spilled the beans on ****’s online persona. If I misinterpreted what Harry stated, I apologize.

Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
    Harry spilled the beans on ****’s online persona. If I misinterpreted what Harry stated, I apologize.
    It seems like you're saying mcphee is your real name. That's cool. I'd have let you capitalize it if I were your parents, but modern hipsters probably disagree, so give a point to mom and dad there.

I've always thought he's the famous writer and Princeton professor John McPhee, was I wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Not sure what mcphee's on about, Benny's a real guy.

Also, I generally enjoy TR's somewhat wry takes. Yeah sometimes it's a little forced but everyone's short on material sometimes.
    Sure he can bring the funny sometimes, but his incessant derogatory remarks about the ecrc from a guy on a ski forum who doesn’t appear to ski are a bit rich

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    if ya beens her for mur than a decade and ya aint made any irl friendships or shared a passion with likeminded maggots
    well maybe your missin a lil somethins
    Most of my real life ski friends today are friends I met on internet forums back in 2005ish. Just not TGR. It was turns-all-year (more backcountry focused), nwhikers, cascadeclimbers, and proffesorpaddle. And I did make some friends on TGR back in the day as well. But those other forums are Seattle centric, and I gravitated to them from 2007 until the pandemic hit and I came back to TGR. Also, those other forums are mostly dead now.

Today, I have young kids, and if you don't live in Tacoma, I probably won't hang out with you. That's not being a dick, that's just life. Point being, don't assume Benny, myself, or others, who don't participate in the TGR social shindigs are assholes.

don’t tell me what to assume there buddy…

Speaking of people that use their real names as their usernames, y'all remember that James Piotrowski?

What a trip he was.
    I still call it The Jake.

[Since it’s clear you are really enjoying drawing out this episode, i can comment without feeling like I’m extending it…]

Please note your white knight-ing would be taken more seriously if it wasn’t such a drowning wave of never-ending replies. Make your point & then just let it percolate for fucks sake

[please do not reply to this comment.]

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    share one of you skiing or better yet sharing the stoke with another mag.
    I used to share skiing TRs on TGR. I moved back to Seattle area from SLC in 2005. I was blown away on how empty the Crystal sidecountry was compared to the Wasangeles I left. After several tours where I didn't see a single person, I finally ran into another guy out in the backcountry. He toured solo and tele skied back when that was acceptable. He despised the commercialization of skiing and was upset that Crystal had closed down the Southback (hike to in bounds terrain) in order to preserve the powder for a Warren Miller photo shoot. He claimed to have hiked up there in the morning before the shoot and skied brain damage solo, leaving one single track in Warren's photo montage (still haven't confirmed if this is true). After going on several tours with him, he convinced me to stop posting TRs on the internet. Not just skiing, but hiking to. I live in a metro of 4 million people that is expected to grow to 6 million by 2050. I don't plan on leaving anytime soon. Today, runs that were untracked at the end of day in 2005 are moguled out. I decided there was enough beta and stoke out there for people to consume, so I have been very guarded with what I share. It's a struggle because like anyone, I crave the street cred that dick waving brings, and enjoy seeing other people's stoke, but I try to stick to my principles. I don't hate on others for sharing, but understand there are reasons people don't post photos.

Oh, and I think Timberridge is the funniest maggot of all and I am deathly afraid of the ECRC and the East Coast in general.

Sure he can bring the funny sometimes, but his incessant derogatory remarks about the ecrc from a guy on a ski forum who doesn’t appear to ski are a bit rich
    The ECRC brings the drama.

And the soup.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    And the soup.
    It's cold and rainy here today. Gross. Soup sounds like a good idea for lunch.

Almost 15,000 posts share one of you skiing or better yet sharing the stoke with another mag. All you bring is the snide which becomes tiresome
    Well, to set the record straight--and I really don't know why I'm attempting to--I spend most of my time here in the PR entertaining or being entertained by others, making the occasional foray into Tech Talk to opine on ski mounting or into Gear Trade where I've hooked a number of mags up with free or very close to free rather nice gear. If you were to stalk me here, you would notice that I don't post much on the weekends, 'cause I'm out doing shit, which in the winter often includes skiing. I have plenty of friends I ski with and quite frankly it's a bit of a chore even trying to arrange schedules with people I've been friends with for years. Also when I ski with my buddies, we don't take pictures of each other to post on social media, we just fucking ski. If that bothers you, put me on ignore and go have a bowl of soup.

P.S. I'm just busting balls on the ECRC stuff, no sane person would think this is the ECRC's fault. So it's sorta funny when a bunch of you rise to the fly all the time.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Let's not forget TR also had the Branch Covidian compound in the heart of ECRC country, and the short lived shuttle bus to Magic where he apparently got to see Dex use the big drill once.

First time I have bit, just tiresome how it has become a shtick.

Then hit the ignore button. Sheesh.

Why would anyone want to go ski with a bunch of whiners?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    That's just Danno's alias that he hides behind to talk smack to me.
    Attachment 415262

Timberridge try’s way to fucking hard

at least he tries man… he’s not a quitter like that benny.

This thread is classic tgr at its finest and all the typical miserable tgr losers with thousands of post showed up to gang bang Bunnerz.

and mcfee is a no skiing, shit posting, johnny come lately dumbfuck who doesn't know shit.
    Hunting kicks ass.
    Chicks dig Labs.
    I'll keep my job, my money and my guns and you can keep the change.
    From my cold dead hands.

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Please note your white knight-ing would be taken more seriously if it wasn’t such a drowning wave of never-ending replies. Make your point & then just let it percolate for fucks sake

[please do not reply to this comment.]
    If you're going to make me a participant of this anti-popularity contest, you're going to listen to whatever the fuck I have to say. This will be the only Padded Room thread I post in from here on out. So if you don't want to listen, you know where the door is.

I say bring back all the other freaks, weirdos, and social outcasts (like Skidog and Deebased) that were banished from this place and give them special posting privileges in this thread only. Then the party will really get started.

Quote Originally Posted by thebirdhunter View Post
    and mcfee is a no skiing, shit posting, johnny come lately dumbfuck who doesn't know shit.
    Let me bold this for you. Pretty sure he’s a newschoolerz troll trying to fuck with the chi here

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Let me bold this for you. Pretty sure he’s a newschoolerz troll trying to fuck with the chi here
    wrong-o dood. he's not one of us.

altho - hey macaphee, hows your steez game? wanna come join a crowd of muuuuuuch younger users?
    i dont slay ur groomerz with teh steeze so dont carve corduroy in r park nOOb!

my arsenal !: 4FRNT CRJ : Armada Pipecleaners : Salomon 1080 Gun Lab : Rossignol Scratch FS : Salomon Yellow 1080s : Rossignol Powair : Elan SCX : K2 Extremes (4 versions)