Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • ZOMBIE GLADEMASTER

27 48.21%
  • BUNNY PROFANE

29 51.79%
Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    I don't think the mods actually banned Benny based on this poll right? He threatened someone and was put on timeout. he spazzed and when the timeout was lifted he called me a fucking faggot, then started deleting threads as part of his meltdown.

that was my recollection.

Quote Originally Posted by brutah View Post
    Also try not to be so attached to a thread on the internet... to be that worried about deleting 50k of them.
    FIFY.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Oh, I'm done with the Padded Room.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oreally.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	77.5 KB 
ID:	415262

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Isn’t it time for you to pretend you are scared and whine to the mods people are being mean to you? Have a glass of warm milk and shut the fuck up beatah

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Isn’t it time for you to pretend you are scared and whine to the mods people are being mean to you? Have a glass of warm milk and shut the fuck up beatah
    Can’t we all just get a bong?
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    I ain’t gonna shove that thing up his ass without payment, he’s waddled away from the last six who did without paying

ULTIMATE MAGGOT ELIMINATION SHOWDOWN FINAL POLL

Name:  Image1651618360.563462.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  8.0 KB
    crab in my shoe mouth

Oh look, the semiliterate hampy shop rat was let out of his cage by the wife to post on the internet again! Hark a devestating blow demonstrating his monumental wit!

Isnt it time for you to water the grass like the sick fuck on true detective beatah?

Name:  Image1651618701.637047.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  8.0 KB
    crab in my shoe mouth

I don't think the mods actually banned Benny based on this poll right? He threatened someone and was put on timeout. he spazzed and when the timeout was lifted he called me a fucking faggot, then started deleting threads as part of his meltdown.
    If you really want to rehash how it went down:

-Benny posted a take about Ukraine by Scott Ritter. Ritter is a dipship and was recently given a Twitter timeout for misinformation. So Benny shouldn't have posted. Abraham claimed Ritter was a pedophile (Ritter was convicted of sting operations with cops posing as 15 and 16 year old girls). Rather than just move on Benny tried to distinguish between child molestation and "jail bait." And Benny specifically said that he did not condone underage in his response. Somehow this got Benny labeled as a pedophile himself
    -The repeated claims of Borris Profane were clearly getting to him. mt711c asked Benny "why do you still live in this country."
    -Mcphee made a crack about Benny's father (that maybe Benny deserved) but we all know to never make fun of someones' parents or kids, it's just a no no. Benny flipped and threatened to pound Mcphee's head into a curb. But I didn't take it as a true threat. It seemed Benny was making the threat, but also trying to be funny.
    -In a vacuum, giving Benny a timeout for the threat seemed appropriate. But when you couple in everything else, along with the banishment poll contest, I can see how Benny thought he was getting a raw deal and the TGR community was ganging up on him.
    -Benny did call Adolph a fucking faggot but only after Adolph made fun of Benny's skiing form (and it turns out it was Benny's friend skiing).

Anyway, I don't really care if Benny comes back. Maybe it's good for him to leave. But I do think he got a raw deal here, and the record should reflect that. And it's not as simple as saying Benny had an unreasonable meltdown.

Can you two stay in it for the long haul is my question at this point

-Benny posted a take about Ukraine by Scott Ritter. Ritter is a dipship and was recently given a Twitter timeout for misinformation. So Benny shouldn't have posted. Abraham claimed Ritter was a pedophile (Ritter was convicted of sting operations with cops posing as 15 and 16 year old girls). Rather than just move on Benny tried to distinguish between child molestation and "jail bait." And Benny specifically said that he did not condone underage in his response. Somehow this got Benny labeled as a pedophile himself
    -The repeated claims of Borris Profane were clearly getting to him. mt711c asked Benny "why do you still live in this country."
    -Mcphee made a crack about Benny's father (that maybe Benny deserved) but we all know to never make fun of someones' parents or kids, it's just a no no. Benny flipped and threatened to pound Mcphee's head into a curb. But I didn't take it as a true threat. It seemed Benny was making the threat, but also trying to be funny.
    -In a vacuum, giving Benny a timeout for the threat seemed appropriate. But when you couple in everything else, along with the banishment poll contest, I can see how Benny thought he was getting a raw deal and the TGR community was ganging up on him.
    -Benny did call Adolph a fucking faggot but only after Adolph made fun of Benny's skiing form (and it turns out it was Benny's friend skiing).

Anyway, I don't really care if Benny comes back. Maybe it's good for him to leave. But I do think he got a raw deal here, and the record should reflect that. And it's not as simple as saying Benny had an unreasonable meltdown.
    This is a slight improvement over your original opening statement of defense. The one where Bunny’s pro Putin/anti Ukraine posts were given the positive spin of just him being “anti-war” for example. When you’re playing those games to the judge and jury you don’t get to see everyone behind you rolling their eyes.

Your spin is not accurate. Mcphee commented about Benny not coming from common stock after Benny wrote his father bought $200K worth of bonds in 1980 at a high interest rate. Suggesting a person's father had money is hardly an insult. In response Benny said something to the effect if they ever met in person he'd crack Mcphee's skull open against a curb.

Maybe it was a failed attempt at humor. It certainly didn't read that way.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Your spin is not accurate.
    mcphee: He’s just the son of a blue collar machinist, folks.

Benny: If I ever meet you motherfucker, do a 180 and run. I will pound your jaw on the closest curb. He was a finer person than most here, and would help me fuck you up if he could. For fun.

Anyway, like I said, Benny deserved the rub, and Benny was oversensitive and overacted. Mcphee has a history of following around certain posters with insults. In a vacuum, the suspension was appropriate. But when you combine everything, I can see why Benny broke. It's not a defense, but is an explanation.

I can see why Benny broke. It's not a defense, but is an explanation.
    You mentioned Scott Ritter but that was just one of many examples of Benny relying on a bad source. Benny went all in on defending Putin and all of his takes ended up wrong as events unfolded. Sure, the name calling didn't help. Wouldn't being that invested and consistently proven wrong be even worse? Even though he'd never admit it, it seemed like the unraveling was caused by events outside of TGR.

Mcphee commented about Benny not coming from common stock after Benny wrote his father bought $200K worth of bonds in 1980 at a high interest rate. Suggesting a person's father had money is hardly an insult.
    Benny seems to be proud of the fact that his father was common stock. Can we say definitively that having $200k to invest in 1981 proves Benny is lying about his modest upbringing? Benny would have been around 30 at this time, his father presumably 60, 70. His father could have sold his home to have the money, or acquired it through inheritance. Anyway, Benny was overly sensitive. But I thought it was a dick comment by Mcphee.

Why do we have to say one way or another let along speculate where he got it? Having $200K in 1980 (~$700K today) of disposable funds to invest in bonds is a good thing. It's only a dick comment if it wasn't exactly the sort of comment Benny tended to make about other people. And I'm saying that as someone who likes Benny even though we disagreed about Putin's invasion of Ukraine.

Benny went all in on defending Putin and all of his takes ended up wrong as events unfolded.
    I haven't read every Benny Ukraine post in detail. But I've read posts where Benny claimed Ukraine would be pulverized (which, thankfully, hasn't been true). But nearly expert I read at the beginning of this war was saying the same thing. I didn't take Benny's post as being pro-Putin. But trying to be a realist about the situation (don't count your chickens before they hatch). Rod's getting the Comrade Rod treatment for daring to argue that sanctions don't work. I don't have a bone in the Ukraine fight. But these are valid takes whether you agree with them or not. And again, a little joshing is fine. But it was the culmination of all of this that broke Benny.

I read his posts. Even though he occasionally added a disclaimer, he was definitely pro-Putin and anti-Ukraine. A lot of his posts, and I mean a lot, were apologies for Putin's war atrocities. He posted a lot of pro-Putin propaganda from pro-Putin sources.

Well yeah. You’re a fucking faggot. Embrace the bundle of sticks

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    Yes. Please.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Hall of fame thread

I read his posts. Even though he occasionally added a disclaimer, he was definitely pro-Putin and anti-Ukraine. A lot of his posts, and I mean a lot, were apologies for Putin's war atrocities. He posted a lot of pro-Putin propaganda from pro-Putin sources.
    I'll defer to your expertise of Benny Ukraine posts. But what is, and what is not, pro-Putin? Any of the below could be labeled pro-Putin, and I am sure Putin's propaghanda machine is advancing similar claims. But I have read each of these thoughts in mainstream media:

-Ukraine is no match for Russia
    -Economic sanctions don't work
    -We shouldn't give Ukraine arms because it will provoke Russia
    -We shouldn't let Ukraine join NATO or the EU because it will provoke Russia
    -Ukraine's government is corrupt
    -We should make the EU pay a larger share of NATO expenses
    -German policy for the last 20 years has enabled Russia

I get the impression that anything that is not a hawkish war take gets labeled "pro Putin" in that thread.

(disclaimer: I am not advocating any of the above).

What if I told you his name was **** and Benny Profqne was an online persona created solely to fuck with people for ****’s enjoyment?

id be too busy skiing bc to care about it

I haven't read every Benny Ukraine post in detail. But I've read posts where Benny claimed Ukraine would be pulverized (which, thankfully, hasn't been true). But nearly expert I read at the beginning of this war was saying the same thing. I didn't take Benny's post as being pro-Putin. But trying to be a realist about the situation (don't count your chickens before they hatch). Rod's getting the Comrade Rod treatment for daring to argue that sanctions don't work. I don't have a bone in the Ukraine fight. But these are valid takes whether you agree with them or not. And again, a little joshing is fine. But it was the culmination of all of this that broke Benny.
    I have not followed the Benny drama. Last post I saw he was in Aspen. I think it might of been the combination of steak and compound butter that broke him.
    off your knees Louie