Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

What do you eat?

Like on a regular basis? Breakfast lunch, and dinner, on a regular basis? Not like the weekend splurge, or going out to a restaurant. Just your normal work or ski day where you don't spend a whole lot of time thinking about it?

I've fallen into a weird rut where I just don't even know what I want to eat and when I decide I'm usually starving and make poor choices...

Pussy

Pussy AND Ass

The ones who brag about getting pussy are the incels who never get any pussy.
    Hunting kicks ass.
    Chicks dig Labs.
    I'll keep my job, my money and my guns and you can keep the change.
    From my cold dead hands.

I'm an intermittent faster most days and also very low carb, so my eats are different than most. But I always have pickled and fermented things in teh fridge (pickles, saurkraut, kim chi, etc) plus avocados or guac cups, and eat a lot of that every day. Plus cheese. And some form of meat(s).
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

tinned meats

Breakfast:
    Yogurt, Granola, Berries. Coffee. On a high energy day I'll have a piece of toast/english muffin and a boiled or fried egg.

Lunch:
    I mostly graze in my lunch, so always pack a bunch of random stuff and don't expect to eat it all. Such as:
    Carrots. Apples. Oranges. A tortilla wrap with cream cheese and turkey or ham + lettuce. A sandwich. Nuts. Dried berries. Banana. Leftovers.

Dinner:
    I just make a menu with a protein item and 2 vegetables + 1 carb (rice, potatoes, etc) for each night of the week, and then go shopping for the week. I don't really stick to what night I'm cooking what, just make sure I'm eating it all. Also, if something is better fresh like fish, I might eat that first. Easy dinner protein stuff we eat a lot of:
    Salads with some type of protein. (Chicken Caesar or a Steak salad is most common.)

Pulled pork (we buy a large pork shoulder and put it in the instantpot. Turns out great. Normally can get 2-3 meals out of it... tacos, BBQ style stuff, pulled pork hash with eggs and potatoes, etc. Really versatile and you can make a bunch before the work week.)

Pork Chops (cheap and quick to cook.)

Whatever fish is on sale, fresh and preferably not farmed or from China. Normally just season and broil or cook in a fry pan.

I will also make a big batch of pork/turkey meatballs which are surprisingly versatile. Obviously spaghetti type stuff, but with different seasoning/sauces like teriyaki or whatnot they are good with rice and veggies. We try to keep both frozen meatballs and various sauces on hand which makes throwing something together easy.

Anytime I make a soup I double the recipe and freeze the rest. Makes an easy meal post skiing or other outdoor activities where you're cold, tired, dehydrated, and feeling lazy.

Also, try to keep a variety of tinned meats (fish/shellfish in particular) on hand.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    Huh. Surprised about the white toast and fried chicken. Would have taken you for a hatch green chili guy.

Breakfast: water, black iced coffee, blender of frozen fruit and whatever veg are around, protein drink

Lunch: undo breakfast and vacuum up anything in sight

Dinner: sandwiches (smoked salmon / lettuce / tomato is a favorite), raviolis, baked fish, simple salads, roasted veg, sometimes it's just a high fiber colon-blow-type cereal with added walnuts and fruits or the same but with yogurt, Fridays are pizza

Name:  blender2.jpg
Views: 668
Size:  245.5 KB

Breakfast: cereal of some sort

Lunch: leftovers. Whatever we had for dinner a night or two ago.

Dinner: I'm not usually the cook in our house, so it's kinda whatever Mrs. Toast feels like making. A fairly normal assortment of things I guess. More often than not, pasta or rice with some vegetables and meat.

I've been doctoring up instant ramen lately after watching this guy on instagram do it. Man that shit is delicious. Plenty of sodium too for electrolytes.

Quote Originally Posted by TAFKALVS View Post
    Pulled pork (we buy a large pork shoulder and put it in the instantpot. Turns out great. Normally can get 2-3 meals out of it... tacos, BBQ style stuff, pulled pork hash with eggs and potatoes, etc. Really versatile and you can make a bunch before the work week.)
    You should get an egg or pellet smoker.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Mostly carnivore. Been at it since Dec 26.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Turkey breast tenderloin cold. I sear it on the grill 3-5 min per side and then indirect roast it in the middle burner position at about 375 ish on the lid thermometer for about 15-20. I use it cold and thin sliced long-wise like deli meat. Makes a great sammich.

I think I last ate breakfast 1985 maybe? I remember in college thinkin the perfect breakfast was a tab and a marboro light. Now usually a sammich / granola bar lunch, and binge on what the wifey cooks and junk food 8Pm-ish till I'm passed out drooling on the sopha (realistically by 11). Pretty bad, I know, but i do run 4-5 miles a day. or 1.5hrs tennis drills.
    "Can't you see..."

Tab and Marlboro light
    Breakfast of champions
    . . .

I have diabetes so low carb diet. I try to keep calories below 2000/day and <150g carbs.
    Breakfast is 3 egg omelette with leftover meat, guacamole and salsa (Xmas). If I’m going skiing/long Mtb ride I will also eat a blue corn muffin or some overnight oats a little before go time. Carry a couple of protein bars if I run low on energy.
    Lunch is generally tacos de leftovers or pick up some fried chicken. Usually an apple or carrots with peanut butter too. Maybe sushi if I’ve spent a lot of energy before.
    Dinner is a meat protein, a small amount of carbs and veggies or salad. Fish at least four meals per week. Will do a tri tip roast once a week (Santa Maria rub), then use leftovers for a steak salad, tacos or omelette enhancement.

I don’t drink calories. Water or coffee, or the very occasional diet drink. No beer, wine or cocktails, but Will have a straight shot of whisky or tequila maybe once a month if out for dinner.

Snacks consist of baby carrots, mixed nuts, strawberries and Stevia chocolates.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Tab and Marlboro light
    Breakfast of champions
    I thought that was Dr Pepper and a Moon Pie?

Standard weekday….

~6am - 2 boiled eggs (8min / medium).

~9am - Banana

~11am - Dinner leftovers or a go out and grab a salad somewhere.

~2pm - Apple

~7pm - Dinner. Both my wife and I like to cook, so we often are trying a recipe from one of our cookbooks or the NYT, CI, or SE… or eating last nights. leftovers…

My challenge is two fold. I work on my feet, often 10+ miles of walking… so I need to fill up on stuff that keeps my energy up, but I can’t eat a heavy breakfast or lunch and bog myself down… but I often have access to a lot of free, shitty, snacks and food…. And I’m a stress snacker… My current project has a two full size bookshelf’s of chips, cookies, crackers, etc… previous projects we have had deals with the roach coach where our staff gets free tacos… trying to avoid all that and not turn into a fat fuck.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

What do you eat?

The pork shoulder in the crock pot is a good idea. Might have to try that.

I go light on breakfast usually. Maybe a banana. A peanut butter English muffin if I’m feeling more peckish than usual.

I don’t really eat lunch, but I’ll have a couple snacks during the work day… usually 2 of: Apple, orange, handful of trail mix, carrots, lara bar or similar.

Dinners with kids in the house are usually some rotation of pizza, grilled chicken sandwiches, chicken Caesar salad, steak, tacos, grilled cheese (with bacon, tomato, etc). Side of some kind of veggie or starch, usually baked lately. Every couple weeks we’ll throw a pasta in there like chicken fettuccini alfredo or sausage tortellini. It’s a constant guessing game trying to figure out what they’ll like between the three of them - which I cater to out of a sense of enjoying making a meal for them that they all enjoy as much as out of catering to their arbitrary pickiness.

Dinners without kids in the house will often be some kind of grilled fish or shrimp or other seafood and/or something spicy (youngest doesn’t like seafood and we pick our battles). We subscribe to blue apron for a few meals every couple weeks. Keeps things interesting and mixes things up and we enjoy cooking together - and also gives us ideas for things to add to our rotation. Been working on adding more rice to the menu for variety.

I like making breakfast on weekends - pancakes or omelettes or French toast or waffles or just your standard eggs/hash browns/sautéed veggies plus sausage or bacon (we eat way too much bacon).

Pizza is always in the freezer as a mail-it-in option if we’re busy or tired or don’t feel like cooking. Probably makes it in to the rotation once every couple weeks. Summer will bring more grilling, so burgers and brats and etc. will probably feature a little more prominently in the menu in a couple weeks.

Mmmmm… food. And all I have here is this apple….
    Last edited by Mustonen; 04-05-2022 at 08:42 AM.
    focus.

Breakfast - something quick and not too filling - a banana, hard boiled egg and/or peanut butter on a piece of whole wheat bread. When I have time, I'll do a couple scrambled or fried eggs with toast.

Lunch - usually a salad with lean protein. Sometimes I'll eat something more substantial if I'm exercising later - leftover pasta, pb&j, burrito bowl, tuna sandwich

Dinner - almost always some sort of meat with veggies and some carbs. My wife also makes some mean stews and soups in the Crock Pot which are great with some bread.

Snacks - chips & salsa, nuts, cheese & crackers, granola bar or something sweet.

I don't drink a wide variety of things - I only drink coffee, beer, water and/or gin.

I've also got my "once in a while meals" I'll save for when I go out or after skiing - burgers, fries, pull pork, fried chicken, wings.

I have an instagram addiction and often get sucked into the "reels", evaporating 30-60 minutes of my life in a flash. The "reels" are basically IGs version of tiktok. Aannnyway...I get a lot of content related to fit girls pushed to me and a lot of them have these "what i eat in a day videos". Seems to be a lot of protein shakes, high protein banana bread, or pancakes, yogurt, omelets, bowls of some sort. If you ask me none of these girls are eating enough vegetables. Also makes me wonder if they should start a "what my poops look like" series, but maybe I'm just a sicko.

Could be some inspo for you there OP, just add more veggies.
    27° 18°

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Tab and Marlboro light
    Breakfast of champions

Quote Originally Posted by Powder Ho View Post
    I thought that was Dr Pepper and a Moon Pie?
    Wrong, coffee and a stale donut.

Pork shoulder (butt, it's called a butt) in the crockpot is blasphemy.