Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    WG...only fruit, coffee and tea before noon. It helped with my sport climbing physique when I was younger..

Quote Originally Posted by tellybele View Post
    WG...only cigarettes, coffee and cocaine before noon.
    Fixed!

Quote Originally Posted by tellybele View Post
    WG...only fruit, coffee and tea before noon. It helped with my sport climbing physique when I was younger..
    Sure, take advice from the guy whose name is “Telly Belly.”
    focus.

Ha! Good ones! Belly is back but when I was sport climbing it didn't exist. 5lb bag of taters, jalapenos, pinto beans, a couple nights I'd add a grilled steak and Vodka for my other meals.

an egg salad can be good

Quote Originally Posted by m13095 View Post
    an egg salad can be good
    With one arm, can he toss a salad?

Nice first post M bot

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Care to link it here? I’m interested as I’m fucking injured as well and need something to listen to as well as help with not putting on weight. Plus I’ve been wanting to drop a couple extra pounds once I’m all healed up.
    Not to E-stalk you Funky but wtf happened? You were posting ski stoke just yesterday?!

Quote Originally Posted by 2Fragile View Post
    Care to link it here? I’m interested as I’m fucking injured as well and need something to listen to as well as help with not putting on weight. Plus I’ve been wanting to drop a couple extra pounds once I’m all healed up.
    Fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Sweet thanks. I want to somehow be injured and get cut at the same time lol.
    You won't get jacked, but leaning out while injured is very doable. In some ways it's a perfect opportunity. Lots of hard exercise is probably the least effective way there is to lose fat.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    You won't get jacked, but leaning out while injured is very doable. In some ways it's a perfect opportunity. Lots of hard exercise is probably the least effective way there is to lose fat.
    Cool. I'm gonna try IF. Black coffee and water only until 1pm seems totally doable.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I fast 3+ days per week so my normal weekly diet on a fasting day consists of organic chicken bone broth to break my fast then whey protein isolate with some supplements. About 20 min. to 1 hr later I have a sandwich, yogurt, beef stick with string cheese and maybe carrots with organic humus. My dinner varies.

On my non-fasting days I usually have a whey protein shake in water with some supplements and then two eggs with two strips of bacon for breakfast if I can resist fasting. My lunch is usually the same minus the chicken bone broth and again my dinner varies.

Snacks usually include nuts such as almonds, Costco's version of a Kind bar, and chicharrones. I do have whipped cream when I need something sweet.

I’ll play…
    Breakfast (between 7-11) consists of a homemade smoothie (1/3 of banana, avacado, spinach, berries, almond butter, almond milk/water), Greek yogurt/berries/granola and another banana. Sometimes I’ll sub an egg/vegg scramble for yogurt.
    Lunch is almost always left over dinner.
    Dinner is usually a paleo-ish dish the wife has come up with. Protein and vegg. Sometime some pasta/rice involved. Wknds more of a splurge.
    My downfall is salty snacks after work. Chips that the kids have around. Or cheese/crackers. I’ll do a protein bar on occasion but know not ideal.
    My metabolism used to be pretty high but def catching up to me and my wknd alcohol intake.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

WG, one thing to think about is that to heal your injury, you need to make sure you are fully fueled, or you will heal more slowly. It takes a lot of resources for your body to work on a major injury, so make sure it has them.

Not saying to stuff your face with donuts non-stop, but I wouldn’t necessarily cut out a ton of calories. IMO it’s better to put on a couple pounds and be back on the bike quicker than leaning out and taking longer to get back to the stuff keeping you in shape in the first place.

I’m not a nutritionist or anything, but I have been hurt a lot

You know, if someone had told me that "what should we have for dinner" would be the defining question of adulthood/marriage, I probably would have jumped off a bridge sometime immediately post-grad. For the better?? Who's to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    You know, if someone had told me that "what should we have for dinner" would be the defining question of adulthood/marriage, I probably would have jumped off a bridge sometime immediately post-grad. For the better?? Who's to say.
    Not to mention who’d uh thunk that “whatever YOU want” is somehow the wrong answer?!?!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Cool. I'm gonna try IF. Black coffee and water only until 1pm seems totally doable.
    It is. Started about 6 weeks ago and that part has been easy. Bit harder stopping eating and drinking by 8:00. Well it’s really just that after dinner drink that’s the issue. Have to switch to a pre dinner cocktail.

The local Twin Peaks has been doing fish and chips Friday. Fish, chips and a 22 oz Coors Lt for 10 bucks. So that's been exciting.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Tins of tuna, eggamuffin ...
    Damn, we're in a tight spot!

Why though? Do you have some kind of history of having a really hard time losing unwanted weight? This is your chance and excuse to binge watch tv, pound tubs of ice cream and eat whole pizzas. Come out the other side 5 pounds heavier and it'll be gone in a few weeks.

I wouldn't go crazy with IF or overall calorie restriction. As Supermoon said, you are trying to heal a severe injury. A feed window of around 10:00 am to 6:00 pm is completely reasonable and will be less stressful on your system (10-6 is still a 16-hr fast). Food-wise I'd focus on quality whole foods overall, 0.75-1 g protein/lb BW, 20-30% of cals from fat, and remainder of cals from whole-food low GI carbs. But, the main takeaway from that Huberman episode is that lipolysis starts with nervous system activation. I'd put your main focus on things like fidgeting, frequent full-body flexing, walking, and just trying to avoid being completely sedentary.

eta: Also, be diligent about getting good outdoor light exposure, especially within 1-2 hours of waking and within around an hour of sunset. Bright outdoor light exposure sets your circadian rhythm and something like 80% of your genes are under some degree of circadian control. This field has exploded in the last 10 years or so. It's not an exaggeration to say that firmly grounding yourself in the Earth's daily cycle might be the single best thing you can do for yourself. Sleep quantity and quality, motivation, will power, overall metabolic health and much more flow all flow downhill from having your internal clock set correctly.
    Last edited by Dantheman; 04-20-2022 at 09:28 AM.

Mukbang.

Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    Not to E-stalk you Funky but wtf happened? You were posting ski stoke just yesterday?!
    It’s cool. Walked out of a ski at speed and started the ever so bitchen tomahawk. Well during that I felt some pain in my left lower leg. Torn calf and strained shin muscle was the result. Scared the shit out of me as it was same leg as my Achilles repair 2 years ago.

Yes over like the last year or two the little belly fat is so stubborn. Some fasting and eating even cleaner than I have should help quite a bit. "normal" people want to look good at the beach. I want to look good in my race kit lol.

I also have a new rolling desk/laptop stand getting delivered tomorrow for the trainer bike and a new lady friend....so not being totally sedentary.

Yes over like the last year or two the little belly fat is so stubborn. Some fasting and eating even cleaner than I have should help quite a bit. "normal" people want to look good at the beach. I want to look good in my race kit lol.

I also have a new rolling desk/laptop stand getting delivered tomorrow for the trainer bike and a new lady friend....so not being totally sedentary.
    New lady friend inflatable I take it?

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    New lady friend inflatable I take it?
    She's an actual human woman who rides mountain bikes. Pretty crazy, huh?