Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
    I should emphasize that they ski shorter when you want them to ski shorter. When you want them to ski like a 194 they do, and how. Conditions at Snowbird today were incredibly conducive to Mach Looney and I was cackling with delight all day while laying down some ridiculous arcs. But, they also butter so easily you can spin surface 360s fast enough to get dizzy.

Decided to breathe some more life into the Sickles, or possibly put on a clinic in throwing good money after bad. Sold the Enforcers over the summer but kept the Forza 2 P18s, so I remounted the Sickles with the Pivots. Had to go -1.5 on the mount to avoid hole conflict, interested to see how that changes them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Decided to breathe some more life into the Sickles, or possibly put on a clinic in throwing good money after bad. Sold the Enforcers over the summer but kept the Forza 2 P18s, so I remounted the Sickles with the Pivots. Had to go -1.5 on the mount to avoid hole conflict, interested to see how that changes them.
    -1.5 from the weird recommended or from center? I'm -4 from center on my Sickles and wouldn't want to go much further back.

I'm still searching for something to replace my Sickles when I inevitability destroy them this year or next. If I could find the Sender Squad I'd jump on it but I should probably just buy a pair of MFree 108s and keep em in the closest till I blow my sickles up for good.

Blackops 110 is apparently going to be a thing next year...

Quote Originally Posted by ASmileyFace View Post
    -1.5 from the weird recommended or from center? I'm -4 from center on my Sickles and wouldn't want to go much further back.
    -1.5 cm from the 0/recommended line. Two previous mounts, options were >3 cm forward or -1.5 cm. Skied them at the 0 line for years and loved them.

What new ski do I want (aka the RIP Sickle thread)?

Not mine but I saw this

2013 Rossignol Sickle Skis 181cm FKS 120 bindings https://classifieds.ksl.com/listing/70060124

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If ski companies didn't make new skis every year I wouldn't have to get new skis every year.

www.levelninesports.com
    http://skiingyeti.blogspot.com/

Dantheman, what binding model is that? I don't know if I've ever seen that toepiece.

I’ve experimented with -2 on my fleet of sickles with some kingpins. I was not a fan and went back to 0. Felt like I was always behind the side cut trying to catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by fat yeti View Post
    Not mine but I saw this

2013 Rossignol Sickle Skis 181cm FKS 120 bindings https://classifieds.ksl.com/listing/70060124

The price is objectively absurd, but....
    Quote Originally Posted by burrito View Post
    Dantheman, what binding model is that? I don't know if I've ever seen that toepiece.
    No idea, not my ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by skisurfmirth View Post
    I’ve experimented with -2 on my fleet of sickles with some kingpins. I was not a fan and went back to 0. Felt like I was always behind the side cut trying to catch up.

Well, we'll see. It seemed like the lesser of two evils compared to +3.5.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    The price is objectively absurd, but.... No idea, not my ad. Well, we'll see. It seemed like the lesser of two evils compared to +3.5.
    Sure does. Hope they feel good.

I liked them just in front of the back line... too far back and they get squirrelly pretty quick... but I think you made the right decision.

Sent from my SM-A536W using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Shorty_J; 11-16-2022 at 11:55 PM.
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Paging dan ...that's beaver bucks and with fks...not mine https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/868722547879659/