Wolf Creek Pass conditions question

Does anyone have any info. on the backcountry conditions on Wolf Creek Pass? I generally consider the common BTL touring areas there pretty safe in terms of avalanche, but there are some steeper pitches that deserve attention with the lingering persistent slab problem currently in the state. Not looking to bring attention to anyone's stash, please pm me if you have any recent info. about the area. I have read the CAIC South San Juan forecast.
    Sawatch is French for scratchy.

I stopped skiing there a couple of weeks ago. Don't know what lines you are looking at. I would say they are probably good to go. Best thing about Wolf Creek is it is included with the la Plata in the south San Juan. Their shitty snow pack keeps the crowds down.
    off your knees Louie

Thanks for the info. Not looking at any of the big lines necessarily, more like some of the BTL classics. From the South San Juan report it seems like the PWL is not as much of a concern. It's a bit of a crapshoot with temps around there this time of year, but hoping to hit some of the late season pow.

From the South San Juan report it seems like the PWL is not as much of a concern.
    I don't mean to go all Safety Bob on ya but I do encourage you to review the Forecast Discussion for that last couple of weeks and ask yourself if the above statement in a fact or what you want to believe. This time of year I want to believe that it go time and sometimes it is. But this year, most people I know are waiting for the snowpack to be more predicable. I'm many ways I find this transitional time to be the most dangerous time or year simply because Spring Fever hits hard and has an effect on our ability to make consistently conservative decisions.

You can find a transitional mess below treeline where a five-day string of warm weather with minimal to no freezing temperatures left the snowpack unsupportable and moist before the new insulative blanket of snow fell in last 36 hours. Cooler temperatures kicking in last night are helping to strengthen some upper crust layers yet still warrant concern at lower elevations. Steeper slopes near thick vegetation shaded gullies or amongst rock features are the most likely spot to trigger a gouging wet slab that may not be large but certainly enough to stuff you into a terrain trap or drag you into trees.

No worries, I understand and agree with everything you said. Didn't mean to imply I am just going to go jump onto any slope without serious consideration. It's exactly the steeper slopes BTL that your quote references that I was wondering about. Thanks for the info.