Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: The B!tch Slap

The world needs more Key & Peele.

Thought this was funny, Will Smiff is a piece of shit. Always thought that even before his hissy fit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ThatsInsane...tm_name=iossmf

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

If Wild Wild West didn't kill Will Smith's career, there's no way this will.

I give it 16 hours before Will Smith's media team kicks into gear and spins up the narrative that, yeah, Will overreacted a bit but he was defending the honor of his wife and really the thing we should be talking about is how terrible stereotypes about female beauty are and Jada is a strong black woman and Chris Rock has no right to criticize her and really Will Smith is a hero to feminists everywhere and ooh look, this other Hollywood person just did something that could be considered scandalous, so let's just talk about that instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    uh, he just won the academy award for best actor. That's hardly a bomb or an indication that he's already on the path to irrelevancy.
    He is if nobody watches his movies. Has anyone seen this King Richard thing? I haven't.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    If Wild Wild West didn't kill Will Smith's career, there's no way this will.

I give it 16 hours before Will Smith's media team kicks into gear and spins up the narrative that, yeah, Will overreacted a bit but he was defending the honor of his wife and really the thing we should be talking about is how terrible stereotypes about female beauty are and Jada is a strong black woman and Chris Rock has no right to criticize her and really Will Smith is a hero to feminists everywhere and ooh look, this other Hollywood person just did something that could be considered scandalous, so let's just talk about that instead.
    Wild wild west was great. You shut your mouth.

Plausible

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post

Taking the under...

Will Smith Apologizes to Chris Rock for Oscars Slap: ‘I Was Out of Line and I Was Wrong’
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Mel Gibson used to be a big, he attacked the wrong people and disappeared. Smith just attacked another performer while doing their job.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    He is if nobody watches his movies. Has anyone seen this King Richard thing? I haven't.
    I have.

From wiki: "By March 20, the film had been streamed in 2.6 million households in the United States"

Not a smash hit, but obviously whether anyone has seen it is determined by whether Benny the Local has seen it.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by mud View Post
    Mel Gibson used to be a big, he attacked the wrong people and disappeared.
    Um, what?

What did Will Smith leave on Chris Rocks face?

Fresh Prints!

I'll see myself out...

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Mel Gibson used to be a big, he attacked the wrong people and disappeared. Smith just attacked another performer while doing their job.
    Holy shit. Do I need to explain the difference here?
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

I know this is just anecdotal, but the several people I’ve discussed this with locally all applauded Will for standing up for his wife. I don’t think Will is getting erased. In fact, I think his stock has gone up.

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    I know this is just anecdotal, but the several people I’ve discussed this with locally all applauded Will for standing up for his wife. I don’t think Will is getting erased. In fact, I think his stock has gone up.
    Couple of my wife’s boomer coworkers had similar comments.

Morans

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Can he get an Oscar for his performance at the oscars?

Might be his best acting yet
    . . .

Any husband would be surly after that amount of drain unclogging.

Actors think they're relevant....that to me is funny. I'm in the minority though.....not a movie fan at all.
    I do give props to Chris rock for moving along with the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I have.

From wiki: "By March 20, the film had been streamed in 2.6 million households in the United States"

Not a smash hit, but obviously whether anyone has seen it is determined by whether Benny the Local has seen it.
    Well, it ain't no Men in Black.

I'll betcha you spent a half hour searching, and said, fuck, whatever, King Richard. Nuthin' else.

Btw, just checked his film list. Boy, has he been in a lot of clunkers.

Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    Actors think they're relevant....that to me is funny. I'm in the minority though.....not a movie fan at all.
    I do give props to Chris rock for moving along with the show.
    This is what happens when you pay somebody ten million bucks to play act a tough guy.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Holy shit. Do I need to explain the difference here?
    I realize the extremes, my point being the entitlement of any actor breaking the law in plain sight. Mel’s a Catholic wacko, Will is a Scientology wacko. I hope that slap kills Will career and that is coming from someone that likes his movies. The only good movies Mel did was Road Warrior and The Mutiny.

Says he didn't know about Jada's condition..

CHRIS ROCK HASN'T SPOKEN TO WILL SMITH ...Didn't Know Jada Has Alopecia

Does that change anyone's opinion of how mean or over the line the joke was?? I'm taking the Imus approach here... NEVER diss a lady's hair.... EVER!

I realize the extremes, my point being the entitlement of any actor breaking the law in plain sight. Mel’s a Catholic wacko, Will is a Scientology wacko. I hope that slap kills Will career and that is coming from someone that likes his movies. The only good movies Mel did was Road Warrior and The Mutiny.
    So on that line, add in Evangelical, Muslim, Flying Spagetti Monster, etc.. and we're out of entertainers altogether.. Should it matter if it's not blasted by them while performing?? It's different when they're politicians making decisions for us.. Acting or playing music, not so much...

Would will have done this if he wasn't seated so close, just off the stage?

Comparing a bitch slap to someone going on an anti-semitic rant is, uh, a pretty huge false equivalence. Will Smith's career will be just fine. Lest I remind you, Chris Brown beat the shit out of Rihanna and even his career recovered (fuck that guy).
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

The B!tch Slap

^^ maybe? And maybe that’s why this discussion is relevant. An anti-Semitic rant exposes a flaw in character and values. Does smacking Chris Rock for making a stupid joke on live television expose a similar flaw in character and values? I think it does.

Whether you love or hate or are indifferent to celebrities and celebrity culture, this is interesting and certainly relevant to our own day to day, at least in some way, inasmuch as we live and participate in the society that is discussing it. I personally had no idea that this happened or that the Oscars were on Sunday night until yesterday morning when my boss told me about it.
    focus.