Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: The B!tch Slap

The B!tch Slap

Did Chris Rock not know Jada Pinkett had alopecia?
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Priorities

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

any chance it was some kind of performance art, all staged?

Regardless, I can't help but notice that Smith's actions were something I could totally see Richard Williams doing/saying, maybe he was caught up in the character whether it was staged or not.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Did Chris Rock not know Jada Pinkett had alopecia?
    He obviously did. That was what the joke was about.

(In the original GI Jane, Demi Moore shaved her head for the performance.)

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    What did the five fingers say to the face?
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Fresh prints

so, is there a gif yet?

I’m picking sides.

I’m 100% team comedy. 0% team “Fresh Prince”
    Too bad Joe Rogan wasn’t there to tie ol West Philly into an angry pretzel.

Also too bad Chris Rock didn’t immediately tear into them even worse and then call for security to drag him to jail kicking and screaming.

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    I’m picking sides.

I’m 100% team comedy. 0% team “Fresh Prince”
    Too bad Joe Rogan wasn’t there to tie ol West Philly into an angry pretzel.

Also too bad Chris Rock didn’t immediately tear into them even worse and then call for security to drag him to jail kicking and screaming.
    generally speaking, agree. But comedy isn't supposed to make fun of someone's medical condition. "Look at that guy who is in a wheelchair, he should play Stephen Hawking in a movie, haha" isn't funny. It's cruel.

"Hey Imus... hold my beer"

Chris Rock "no sold" that shit pretty well. Makes me think it would have been a really good fight (still might be).

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    generally speaking, agree. But comedy isn't supposed to make fun of someone's medical condition. "Look at that guy who is in a wheelchair, he should play Stephen Hawking in a movie, haha" isn't funny. It's cruel.
    I dunno. When it comes to a good old fashioned roast joke, all bets are off. Will Smith and Jada have one of the weirdest relationships. They're really great actors and amazing talented, but they've both gone off the deep end IRL. Both have egos that are off the charts. Been in Hollywood a bit too long it seems.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

For those on team comedy, you would really let someone make fun of your wife's medical condition and not confront the issue?

Maybe the physical nature was unnecessary. The joke was not in good taste.

Oscar viewership will go up next year, and that’s what is important.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    I dunno. When it comes to a good old fashioned roast joke, all bets are off. Will Smith and Jada have one of the weirdest relationships. They're really great actors and amazing talented, but they've both gone off the deep end IRL. Both have egos that are off the charts. Been in Hollywood a bit too long it seems.

A good old fashioned roast joke, of someone who did not consent to a roast, did not go to a roast, and was at the event because her husband was nominated for an award? Yeah, I'm sure if your wife came with you to some work event, and the announcer made fun of her appearance, the few extra pounds she was carrying or her bad hair day, that you'd be totally cool with it. Whether Smith and Pinkett have a weird relationship or giant egos or whatever is irrelevant, the joke was out of bounds.

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthop View Post
    For those on team comedy, you would really let someone make fun of your wife's medical condition and not confront the issue?

Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthop View Post

Perhaps it was not in good taste, BUT when the award people pick Chris Rock, should we expect much different?

It's just like when Bill Burr did the Grammys, he cracked some jokes and everyone was like [surprise Pikachu face].

I'm guessing it's all about show ratings. The producers probably picked comedians and even encouraged them to say ANYTHING in an effort to drum up views. They LOVE these "controversial" TV moments for sure.

It's ok to make tasteless jokes, but jokes about someone's medical condition seem out of bounds to me.

Otherwise, when Trump made fun of the disabled reporter, that was ok. All in fun, right?

Chris Rock took it like a champ. Didn’t even touch his face, which you know he wanted too.

Also showed serious restraint not taking follow up shots at their open marriage.

It's ok to make tasteless jokes, but jokes about someone's medical condition seem out of bounds to me.

Otherwise, when Trump made fun of the disabled reporter, that was ok. All in fun, right?
    Dude. It's alopecia, ie hair loss. You simps needa quit acting like it's the same thing as Lou Gehrigs Disease or something.

Oh, but when dudes go bald, we can all rip on it right? (Answer: Yes) If we can crack jokes about poor George Costanza's baldness, then it's ok to make jokes about women too. #EQUALRIGHTS!

And besides, Jada looks great with the look. Always has. Nobodys ever made fun of her til the light hearted joke Rock made. Poor taste? Perhaps. Funny? Maybe mildly. Worth getting bent out of shape over? Nope.

The B!tch Slap

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Dude. It's alopecia, ie hair loss. You simps needa quit acting like it's the same thing as Lou Gehrigs Disease or something.

Oh, but when dudes go bald, we can all rip on it right? (Answer: Yes) If we can crack jokes about poor George Costanza's baldness, then it's ok to make jokes about women too. #EQUALRIGHTS!

And besides, Jada looks great with the look. Always has. Nobodys ever made fun of her til the light hearted joke Rock made. Poor taste? Perhaps. Funny? Maybe mildly. Worth getting bent out of shape over? Nope.

Why do you get to decide where the line is for them? You don’t. This seems to be something that she is sensitive about, and it isn’t really for anybody else to decide if she’s allowed to be sensitive about it or not. Oh you think she looks great with the look? The fuck does that matter? She isn’t here to look good for you. Get out of here with your “equal rights” bullshit.

The same can be said about whether it was a good or funny joke. I didn’t think it was a good joke, but so what? Why does that matter?

And to be clear, I thought it was insane for Will to walk up on stage and hit a guy. That’s not stuff we do. We shouldn’t tolerate that. Whether or not I can make bad jokes and tasteless comments shouldn’t depend on being the biggest most aggressive motherfucker in the room.

My point is just that we’re conflating this thing with A Whole Bunch of Shit that is irrelevant. This idea that “well, if it was a topic that was worth being sensitive over or a joke that was funny enough or it was distasteful enough or if I think she’s hot or if I liked Will Smith in Independence Day or whatever else the entire incident was or was not justified.” Bonkers. Listen to yourselves.
    focus.

Make fun of the burns