Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: The B!tch Slap

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    So much of femininity is connected to hair.
    So what. Smith has everything and more and yet she whimpers about hair loss. Shave it, own it, embrace it, and be an example to millions of women. Or, just wear a wig but shut up about a little hair loss. Shaved head ain’t a bad look for women.

Will Smith watches his sons friends run trains on Jada. Also she came out about her "hair loss" a week ago on some talk show nobody watches you expect CR to drool over the celeb news like you do? All I heard was an unfunny joke about a hot shaved head lady equating her to the hottest shaved head lady of all time Demi Moore from someone whose whole shtick on that show is to roast people in the front rows.

Yall motherfuckers are soft and would be sprawled on the floor after the shot CR took and stood there smiling.

100% camp comedy

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Yeah, part of me is like, it's gotta be somewhat staged when I first saw it, but the fact that LAPD put out a statement, etc... yeah.. not staged.

Chris' joke was over MY line just a bit, same as some of Chappelle's stuff is a little over my line.

Will's reaction was potentially criminal.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

If you say Jada Smith 3x in the mirror… Will Smith appears, and slaps you.

I can’t figure out the joke, but somehow there’s got to be a way to put this incident and that song “whips her hair” by that Smith’s kid.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    As someone who stated that they were not on team comedy here, I guess I should revise it, because Mel Brooks has proven that even the Holocaust can be funny, so sure, you're correct, done well enough, anything can be funny, even a medical condition. But the set up is important, the execution, because the margin for error is much smaller, especially when the person with medical condition that is the unwitting butt of the joke is sitting in the audience and didn't ask for it (i.e., it's not like this was a roast where anything goes).
    You're right - if you're gonna dip into taboo waters, the set up matters. And Rock didn't really have time to do any kind of setup, which makes joking about Jada's condition pretty tricky.

But the thing that pisses me off about it is just the joke is so damn lazy. It's not clever. Throwing out a reference to a mediocre 25 year old movie isn't in any way relevant. Jada's condition isn't particularly noteworthy - referencing it feels kind of random. And at the end of the day, maybe none of that matters if it was the kind of zinger that was just too good to pass up. But it wasn't. If Will Smith hadn't slapped Chris Rock, that joke would have been an excellent example of why no one can be bothered to watch the Oscars.

The B!tch Slap

Rock didn’t write that joke. Will Smith knew it.

I’d like to thank the Academy for getting a bunch of pasty lardass panties in a bunch. You wanna be a dick? Someone might break the law and smack you.

no, it wasn’t much of a joke. It was a cheap shock insult.

"Chris Rock took a punch better than Will Smith took a punchline."

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Rock didn’t write that joke. Will Smith knew it.
    The academy say it was an ad lib from the script.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Looks like they are finally taking it seriously.
    https://apnews.com/article/a19008f7e...e043f7e9739daf

Smith may have just destroyed his career on what should have been a big night.

Heh

Bunny Don't Surf

End of the road, don't come up the laneway....

Bunny Don't Surf

Quote Originally Posted by mud View Post

Smith may have just destroyed his career on what should have been a big night.
    Lol. Smith's career will be just fine. Dudes a cash cow. And this is Hollywood. If you murder multiple people and rape their corpses, you get maybe a 5 year timeout. Slapping chris rock is like a 36 hour timeout.

The academy reviewing this just means they're rewatching the footage and giggling.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Lol. Smith's career will be just fine. Dudes a cash cow. And this is Hollywood. If you murder multiple people and rape their corpses, you get maybe a 5 year timeout. Slapping chris rock is like a 36 hour timeout.

The academy reviewing this just means they're rewatching the footage and giggling.
    This.

They will issue a strongly worded statement condemning his actions, and come up with some other slap on the wrist.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Except for Bad Boys his last few movies have bombed at the box office, he has been in a steady slide downhill for awhile. He protected by Scientology and has enough money to keep self producing so he’s not going anywhere but I don’t think he is going to shake this crazy action anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by mud View Post
    Except for Bad Boys his last few movies have bombed at the box office, he has been in a steady slide downhill for awhile. He protected by Scientology and has enough money to keep self producing so he’s not going anywhere but I don’t think he is going to shake this crazy action anytime soon.
    uh, he just won the academy award for best actor. That's hardly a bomb or an indication that he's already on the path to irrelevancy.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

King Richard won him an Oscar last night and it was a decent performer at the box office. What are you taking about?
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    It wasn’t staged. Cool jomboy breakdown:

Jomboy is seriously difficult to listen to. Holy annoying and just talking to hear himself talk.

No way. Jomboy is an American treasure.

As for anyone getting "cancelled" in Hollywood, the fact that Mel Gibson is still getting work shows how ridiculous that idea is.

Yeah. But his later acceptance speech was about love and kindness?
    Tears in his eyes.
    Christ. Redemption love. Kindness.
    Fuck him
    He’s a shitty actor anyways.

Dude allegedly bitch slapped chris rock.
    A few minutes ago.

Wtf. I call setup.

Trying to make oscars relevant.
    Since no one cares anymore.
    . . .

Any bets on Ye topping this at the Grammys??
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

The memes from this are all time!

Bunny Don't Surf

Quote Originally Posted by happytimefunbox View Post
    End of the road, don't come up the laneway....

Fucken 10 ply bud

Bunny Don't Surf

KR was a good kids movie but it was Oscar bait, he’s been begging for one for years. It wasn’t a great performance plus budget was $50M only made $38M. He’s been in more bombs than successes in the last 10 years. Like I said I don’t think he’s going anywhere but I think the blowback is going to be bigger than expected.