Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    I‘m late🤦🏻♂️… as usual … just realized my signal account wasn’t active anymore … slowly getting tired of being dumb

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    I'm ready to start making plans for next year's EuroBBI23 gathering.

What dates are we shooting for?

The half price passes went up from 50chf to 69 chf, $20 bump. Still a crushing deal.

I'm debating a week floating around chasing snow, then a week+ at the mtn. lodge.
    Anyone else got a tentative plan going yet?

So stoked, I can hardly wait...

Oh, and who will you nominate for this season's skilarships?

Lock in your costs now as the Euro is $1.01. Ive never seen this before with the currency exchange.

True… but our currency is not Euros

Not sure it'll happen...but someone add me to the signal group? Pretty sure Buster has my #.

I've got an Epic pass due to some family ski visits and have friends doing the Urner for their honeymoon -- seems like if I can work out the plane tickets it could be in the cards.

I’ve been throwing this idea around and more than likely will make this work. Airfare isn’t to bad for me out of Seattle, $800ish r/t.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    I’ve been throwing this idea around and more than likely will make this work. Airfare isn’t to bad for me out of Seattle, $800ish r/t.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    ]
    I washed my old phone so pm me your number
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Not sure it'll happen...but someone add me to the signal group? Pretty sure Buster has my #.

I've got an Epic pass due to some family ski visits and have friends doing the Urner for their honeymoon -- seems like if I can work out the plane tickets it could be in the cards.
    Need your number too

How does one say ' Fuck Vail ' in Romansh?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2 (2).jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	424423

I bet the President of Switzerland could tell me.

🤣🤣🤣

Hi guys

What's your experience about Vail Corp taking over a ski resort? We run a small family owned ski lodge in Andermatt www.basecamp-andermatt.com and nobody here in the village hasn't really realised that some stuff might change quickly in Andermatt. Sure its great to see some American skiers again after 2 winters of absence. Some investments into the Lifts at the Gemsstock Area never realised and maybe Vail Corp will put some money in new lifts. We must have the oldest T-bar lift in the swiss alps still running there.

Lets see what happens and hope to see some North American skiers coming over again to Andermatt

greetings

Lars

we’ve been coming to Andermatt, to get away from Vail

Quote Originally Posted by Basecamp.Andermatt View Post
    Hi guys

What's your experience about Vail Corp taking over a ski resort? We run a small family owned ski lodge in Andermatt www.basecamp-andermatt.com and nobody here in the village hasn't really realised that some stuff might change quickly in Andermatt. Sure its great to see some American skiers again after 2 winters of absence. Some investments into the Lifts at the Gemsstock Area never realised and maybe Vail Corp will put some money in new lifts. We must have the oldest T-bar lift in the swiss alps still running there.

Lets see what happens and hope to see some North American skiers coming over again to Andermatt

greetings

Lars
    Hi Lars,

We've met when Keksie (Juho) was taking care of your place. I'm a friend of Danny's.

Vail is a large corporation which can serve some preferences, but a lot of people, particularly employees, are not too happy. Vail is known for monetizing a location, getting rid of free parking for example. Vail usually means more expensive for we users, targeting a very upmarket, well to do client base. I loved Andermatt because it was relatively cheap 10 years ago.

But lets' face it, since Sawaris got involved, things have gotten much more expensive in Andermatt. It used to be so fun before the Chedi and the high end people, but they should be happy with Vail.

I hope they leave the Lutersee hut as is and I like the t-bar on crowded days. I'll stop by basecamp one day this coming year.

Hi guys

greetings

Lars
    nice lookin' place ya got there. reasonable rates too.

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    nice lookin' place ya got there. reasonable rates too.
    Thx a lot. We try to be the skiers lodge here and provide self catering accommodation for those who don’t mind to walk up a few meters to our house. The prices have gone here up every year and the last two Covid winters were really financially tough for all small places despite that switzerland kept the lifts running.

All neighbouring countries were shut down and most people were too scared to cross the border to Switzerland cause maybe some Covid rule changed overnight and they were stuck with some quarantine rules.

We haven’t seen here much North American skiers since
    years. There used to be a solid crowd of USofA guys even with their own house of ski bums in neighbouring Hospental. Now the youngsters seem to be too worried about career or some other useless stuff more important than skiing a season in the Alps.

With the epic low exchange rate CHF to USD and epic Skipass would be cool to see some North American skiers again here. All the resort building has been good for Freerider’s cause the crowds are now riding new fancy lifts at the sunny nätschen side and the shady old Gemsstock has had a lot less skiers. The downside is that all the season workers desperately search for cheap accommodation and the small rooms at some granny’s attic are all gone. Tough for ski bums wanting to stay a whole season.

The lifts at Gemsstock open this year for weekends the 29. October and the peaks are white here already.

Greetings

Lars

Thx a lot. We try to be the skiers lodge here and provide self catering accommodation for those who don’t mind to walk up a few meters to our house. The prices have gone here up every year and the last two Covid winters were really financially tough for all small places despite that switzerland kept the lifts running.

All neighbouring countries were shut down and most people were too scared to cross the border to Switzerland cause maybe some Covid rule changed overnight and they were stuck with some quarantine rules.

We haven’t seen here much North American skiers since
    years. There used to be a solid crowd of USofA guys even with their own house of ski bums in neighbouring Hospental. Now the youngsters seem to be too worried about career or some other useless stuff more important than skiing a season in the Alps.

With the epic low exchange rate CHF to USD and epic Skipass would be cool to see some North American skiers again here. All the resort building has been good for Freerider’s cause the crowds are now riding new fancy lifts at the sunny nätschen side and the shady old Gemsstock has had a lot less skiers. The downside is that all the season workers desperately search for cheap accommodation and the small rooms at some granny’s attic are all gone. Tough for ski bums wanting to stay a whole season.

The lifts at Gemsstock open this year for weekends the 29. October and the peaks are white here already.

Greetings

Lars
    Cheep accommodations are becoming scarce in Sedrun as well, but the good thing about our side of the valley is that there are tons of smaller villages 10/15 minutes from the base of the mountain that so far nobody has considered. E.g. I asked a guy that leaves in Cavorgia ( little cluster of homes and a church 5 km from the Sedrun Tram) if he had something to rent for one of my coworkers and this was his reply: Sure, but who wants to live so far away from anything?!?! I think that as request increases these apartments that were never on a website will soon be on the market.