Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    ^ First, thank you for your help on this matter. I had not realized that the MNC toe was taller & incorrectly arrived at the conclusion that it was the toggle switch that somehow made the ride more gauge. Can you comment on the MNC / WTR height differences?

A plug & play toe makes a lot of sense. I’ve experienced some wiggle in my STH16s but chalked it up to more of an issue of age. The larger issue I’ve had w GripWalk is even in same model & BSL boots, year to year the profile was different & I always needed a screwdriver. Will the Strive self adjust for minor variance?

I’m spoiled getting ~80-90+ days on snow in the winter & always like a tuned set up, I’ve got one set of ‘23 skis mounted w a WTR, may put a Strive on identical ski to compare.

Thanks
    MNC toe is about 2mm taller than WTR. Strive (and even regular, fixed-toe alpine bindings) will allow for a small range of toe height dimensions.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenBC View Post
    So the heels are not identical. It is obviously meant to be the same principle though. The mouldings are different, the big rivet on the side is in a different spot, the heel track is waaaaay tighter, and audibly it makes a different sound when cycling through. Much damper. It doesn't feel as "clangy" when you snap the heel up either. Who knows, it could be the sound, but it feels much better than the Warden.

I'm talking purely about the demo versions of the strive and warden.
    Strive 16 uses the STH2 16 heel. Strive 14 (retail and demo versions) has a new heel design.

Industry peeps in the know (ONK)…supposedly Strive is not officially endorsed to work with the Lupo (SPECIFICALLY)?

Quote Originally Posted by onenerdykid View Post
    MNC toe is about 2mm taller than WTR. Strive (and even regular, fixed-toe alpine bindings) will allow for a small range of toe height dimensions.

Strive 16 uses the STH2 16 heel. Strive 14 (retail and demo versions) has a new heel design.

Does this also mean a new hole pattern or are they built off the same pattern as sth2?

Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    Industry peeps in the know (ONK)…supposedly Strive is not officially endorsed to work with the Lupo (SPECIFICALLY)?
    Why would it not work w a Lupo? It’s GW.

So, the Strive 14 has its own brake type and the 16 uses the Warden 13/STH2 style?
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    Why would it not work w a Lupo? It’s GW.
    I got to the bottom of this tonight. We had a single set of Strive 14s last spring at the shop, I believe they were the rep’s sample for us to sell. In the box, an addendum was included specifying the Strive would not be indemnified for the Lupo sole.

As I’m part time, I realized tonight to check this fall’s stock to see if they had the same disclaimer included in the box. I checked a few and nothing noting the Lupo anymore, so false alarm, all good.

Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    I got to the bottom of this tonight. We had a single set of Strive 14s last spring at the shop, I believe they were the rep’s sample for us to sell. In the box, an addendum was included specifying the Strive would not be indemnified for the Lupo sole.

As I’m part time, I realized tonight to check this fall’s stock to see if they had the same disclaimer included in the box. I checked a few and nothing noting the Lupo anymore, so false alarm, all good.
    To be fair, I have been a Lupo skier for ~4 sets now & every iteration of Grip(e)Walk soles have been different.

So it’s entertaining to ensure that all the skis are set to the current boot, yet I thought strove was going to account-accommodate for this.

I'm seeing some Strive 14 Demos available at retail outlets (and I assume we'll start seeing used ones when this year's demo fleets start to get sold off).

Tempted by the low stack height.

Anyone have an idea if the Strive demo plates will be available as standalones like the Markers?

Bumping this up...does anyone have definitive info on mount pattern for the 14 and the 16?

I've heard "same jig" but are they the same as the STH2 or the Warden? And do the 14 and 16 have the same hole pattern, or different (the heel is different?)?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by optics View Post
    Bumping this up...does anyone have definitive info on mount pattern for the 14 and the 16?

I've heard "same jig" but are they the same as the STH2 or the Warden? And do the 14 and 16 have the same hole pattern, or different (the heel is different?)?

Thanks!
    Same jig/hole pattern as the Warden

Cool - thank you.

The whole 'different heel' thing has me wondering why...I don't need to run a higher DIN than 14, but I hate when plastic things break...they must have some durability/burliness reason to use the 'old' heel on the 16...

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenBC View Post
    Same jig/hole pattern as the Warden 11
    fixie 4 u
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

^^^yes and my jig is 13 only...I learned the hard way about the heel pattern difference mounting my kid's skis.

So that must be for the strive 14 - strive 16 has the STH2 heel, right? So STH2 heel pattern, warden toe pattern?

Anyone with the Strive confirm if the toe wings are more low profile? They bash into my boot on the Warden and slowly wear it down...

Does anyone know if the Strive 16 has a sliding AFD like found on the Strive 14, or is it fixed like a STH2 toe?

Quote Originally Posted by onenerdykid View Post
    Ultimately, I'm looking forward to my Strive 16s showing up because I don't want to keep adjusting toe heights when I swap between my Redsters and Ultra XTDs. A couple clicks of forward pressure adjustment is a lot less time consuming than doing that and always adjusting toe heights & wings.
    ^ Dosen‘t the strive16 have a toe height screw for adjusting it ?
    when looking at the pics there's a screw visible also a sign "mn plus pic of a screwdriver"

Quote Originally Posted by One (+) Sentence View Post
    Does anyone know if the Strive 16 has a sliding AFD like found on the Strive 14, or is it fixed like a STH2 toe?
    strive16 has a sliding AFD. also visible in high res pics.

Why the Strive 16 exists when the STH2 16 still exists is a mystery...unless it is a bit of foreshadowing on the death of the STH toe all together.

Quote Originally Posted by salx View Post
    ^ Dosen‘t the strive16 have a toe height screw for adjusting it ?
    when looking at the pics there's a screw visible also a sign "mn plus pic of a screwdriver"
    Yes, toe height adjustment on the 16. Haven't tried adjusting for a thick soled AT boot in one yet, but its rated for multi-norm.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    Why the Strive 16 exists when the STH2 16 still exists is a mystery...unless it is a bit of foreshadowing on the death of the STH toe all together.
    They have been trying to nix STH2 for a decade. I think Salomon initially believed that the Warden would outright replace STH.

I believe Strive has a lower stack height that STH2. That sounds ok.

Anyone know the hole patterns for these? Demo and regular? I thought the Strive 14 was the same as a Warden 11, what about the 16 or the demo version?

New Strive - paging ONK

Quote Originally Posted by One (+) Sentence View Post
    They have been trying to nix STH2 for a decade. I think Salomon initially believed that the Warden would outright replace STH.

I believe Strive has a lower stack height that STH2. That sounds ok.
    The first part is probably the case. The second part about stack height is false. If you trust the info over on Ski Talk (which I do) about the bindings, The WTR STH2 toe height is 19-mm and the heel is 24.5-mm. The Strive is 21-mm in the toe and 24.5-mm in the heel. The Strive stats are the same as the Warden 13 and STH2 16 MNC. So, if anything, you get less ramp angle.

To me it’s about price points, margins, etc. “Buy our inferior product because it’s better (for Amer Sports).”

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Last edited by Bandit Man; 01-21-2023 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    The first part is probably the came. The second part about stack height is false. If you trust the info over on Ski Talk (which I do) about the bindings, The WTR STH2 toe height is 19-mm and the heel is 24.5-mm. The Strive is 21-mm in the toe and 24.5-mm in the heel. The Strive stats are the same as the Warden 13 and STH2 16 MNC. So, if anything, you get less ramp angle.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Thanks for the info!

I like the ramp angle of STH2, and I’m not interested in a sliding AFD.

Bumping this thread. My shop guy is trying to get me to try some Strives over P15's. Is this going to make me sad? I'm not sold on new tech and plastic. I do have a set of STH2 WTR's. Zero issues, but I don't have time on them compared to hundreds of days on select Pivots.

I'll be honest, I don't notice a huge skiing difference between the STH and P14/5. Maybe I'm not super picky or maybe it's because I haven't tested them back to back on the same skis. My STH mounted skis are radically different from anything I have mounted with Pivots.

Anybody have time on the Strives? 50 plus days or more?

If you have STH2’s why buy a new set of Strives? I mean, the heel on the 16 is the same STH2 heel. The stack height is nearly the same between the two. The DIN 16 Strive has a toe height adjustment just like the STH2 (IIRC), so what do you get with the new plastic fantastic model?

If you can get some at a big discount, I say try the Strive. Otherwise, stick with STH2’s or Pivots.