New boot most similar to Atomic Hawx 130

Looking for a replacement for my beloved Atomic Hawx 2.0 130, pic below. Love pretty much everything about this boot, my only complaint would be a little less room in front of ankle/better hold there. Also I have developed really cold toes this year in them, wasn’t an issue before. Maybe my Pro Wraps are done and I need new liners.
    As these have many days on them I am open to hear what’s out there that has the same flex profile, stiff right off the top like these. Not a fan of a boot that gives up a few degrees before getting to the peak flex. I want it from damn near zero. When I lean on them I want to feel the power transfer to the ski immediately. The lateral stiffness of this boot is also on point. I’m a fan of stiffer boots and have some weight and strength that requires one.
    I have a high instep with a wide forefoot, 100mm unweighted and 104mm weighted with a pretty normal heel width. I wear a 9.5 street shoe and run a 26.5 in these and my Coshise 130. I like overlap boots and haven’t skied a 3 piece in a very long time. Maybe I’m missing out?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4361.JPG 
Views:	143 
Size:	415.8 KB 
ID:	410461

The Head Formula RS 130 might be an interesting boot to check out.

Quote Originally Posted by TAFKALVS View Post
    The Head Formula RS 130 might be an interesting boot to check out.
    Good looking boot if it fits me. Probably more inclined to go the Non RS as it has a 100mm last. Can’t find the forward lean specs to save my life. 15 is about ideal for me.

get another pair if you liked them.

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    get another pair if you liked them.
    Ive tried. Found some on ebay used. They want more than I think is fair. May have to see if they’ll go lower. Also looking to see what’s new that’s similar.

Will no doubt get better info from boot fitters in here, but here goes. Similar foot to yours (103/105 mm/high arch and instep, but 27.5) and the Mach 1 MV Concept is the best fitting overlap boot I've had on. That said, there is a bit of give off the top before it stiffens up. Hadn't been in a 3 piece since the 90s (Raichle). I ended up in a Lupo (and now a Krypton); the more linear flex means you can engage the ski right off the top. Now that I'm used to em, gonna be hard to give em up. They have their 98 mm last resort boot (Krypton 130), and 100 mm version (Krypton AX 120, which is gaining a walk mode next year for reasons I don't understand). I could have made the narrower last work everywhere (with a bit of work), except my right ankle is large and bony so am in the wider. I also like that you can dial in the forward flex using different tongues. I'm a bigger, stronger feller as well, coming from 130/140 flex boots, and use their P and B tongues to stiffen up their '120' flex boots and have been happy. No issues laterally or aft. Another option for ya if you can find one to try on.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Good looking boot if it fits me. Probably more inclined to go the Non RS as it has a 100mm last. Can’t find the forward lean specs to save my life. 15 is about ideal for me.
    Probably more forward than a Lange and stiffer at the top of the flex knowing Head.

Ive tried. Found some on ebay used. They want more than I think is fair. May have to see if they’ll go lower. Also looking to see what’s new that’s similar.
    But if it really works for you, a couple extra bucks might be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Angle Parking View Post
    But if it really works for you, a couple extra bucks might be worth it.
    True.

The current Hawx Prime 130 S is the latest evolution of your existing boot. Have you tried this on yet?

Lange LX130???
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by onenerdykid View Post
    The current Hawx Prime 130 S is the latest evolution of your existing boot. Have you tried this on yet?
    I have not. As long as the instep clears I will see if I can go find a pair to try on. On paper it looks like a great boot. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Lange LX130???
    Not a Lange foot.

I haven't skied a lot of boots but I'm heavy/tall, high arch and I've been very happy with the Krypton. First time skiing a 3 piece boot and I'm a fan, especially when you put the strap inside the shell, makes it feel like the flex engages right away. I'd recommend going to a boot fitter and at least trying on a 3 piece boot to see if you like the flex. Another added bonus is it has tech fittings but no walk mode so you can tour sidecountry without losing any downhill performance.

FYI for future describing of your foot. It is not wide. With your one measurement you gave and desire for something tighter around the ankle, I would look at low volume boots and do a small forefoot punch. Jut a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenBC View Post
    FYI for future describing of your foot. It is not wide. With your one measurement you gave and desire for something tighter around the ankle, I would look at low volume boots and do a small forefoot punch. Jut a thought.
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by brundo View Post
    I've been very happy with the Krypton.
    Much more eloquent than my word salad. OP, another benefit to the Krypton is the forward lean is adjustable, 11-15 degrees.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenBC View Post
    Ok thanks. Every bootfitter I’ve been to describe my forefoot as wide and suggest a mid vol boot. The Hawx 130 2.0 is a mid volume boot. Appreciate the feed back.

Ok thanks. Every bootfitter I’ve been to describe my forefoot as wide and suggest a mid vol boot. The Hawx 130 2.0 is a mid volume boot. Appreciate the feed back.
    Bootfitters vary in their level of expertise and willingness to punch boots. If your foot is 104mm weighted you can almost certainly make a 98mm shell work with the right bootfitter. If you wear a 9.5 street shoe, chances are you could do well in a 25.5 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    Bootfitters vary in their level of expertise and willingness to punch boots. If your foot is 104mm weighted you can almost certainly make a 98mm shell work with the right bootfitter. If you wear a 9.5 street shoe, chances are you could do well in a 25.5 as well.
    Thanks Greg and was hoping you would chime in. I’ve tried a few 25.5’s to no avail, well not that wouldn’t require a bunch of work and good bootfitters in this area are pretty non existent.
    Trying to locate the Hawx Prime 130 S and and GWS locally to try on.

I have very similar foot shape and size, had earlier Tecnica Mach 130s.
    Only 10 days on 25.5 Nordica Speedmachine but 3/4 lb lighter and stiffness just as you describe (I’d prefer more progressive) and slightly more precise fit.
    Liberal punches in toe and 6th toe after 10-12 mm shell fit with 26 pro wraps.

fwiw tried a Prime and it was similar but a tad snugger across the board…

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Life of a repo man is always intense.

Using the Fischer measurement app (sitting) my feet are 100mm and 99mm at the balls. I have both the Hawx Prime 130s and the Lange RX 130 LV. I have used both the stock liners and the new Mimic Professional liners in both boots. For me my go to is the Lange with the stock liners. It provides by far the best performance of any of the 4 possibilities for my feet. The process to get the Lange shells punched out enough for my bowed fifth metatarsal took a bit of time but in the end was well worth it. Stock liners seem to last me about a season and a half so next year when the stock Lange liner packs out I will either replace it with a stock liner or give Zipfit a try.

Had the RX130. Fitment was a nightmare with my high instep and medium forefoot. Plus the flex was maybe a 115. So soft. Hated it.

Not sure what vintage RX you had. The current version of the RX 130 is slightly softer than the Hawx 130.

Quote Originally Posted by brundo View Post
    I haven't skied a lot of boots but I'm heavy/tall, high arch and I've been very happy with the Krypton. First time skiing a 3 piece boot and I'm a fan, especially when you put the strap inside the shell, makes it feel like the flex engages right away. I'd recommend going to a boot fitter and at least trying on a 3 piece boot to see if you like the flex. Another added bonus is it has tech fittings but no walk mode so you can tour sidecountry without losing any downhill performance.
    This isn't unique to 3 piece. Strap on the liner is almost always an improvement.