Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Permanent Daylight Saving Time

No thank you!

"The Senate passed by unanimous consent the Sunshine Protection Act on Tuesday, a measure that would make daylight saving time permanent. It was introduced by Senators Marco Rubio (R-FL) and Ed Markey (D-MA) and had 16 other co-sponsors."

https://www.9news.com/article/news/n...6-ebb4116bf4e2

No. Fuck no.

Cool. We did this before
    Previous observation of year-round daylight saving time

Permanent DST in the US was briefly enacted by president Richard Nixon in 1974, in response to the 1973 oil crisis. The proposal was initially supported by an estimated 79% of the public; that support dropped to 42% after its first winter, owing to the harshness of dark winter mornings that permanent DST creates.
    The new permanent DST law was retracted within the year.[1][2][43][44] However, critics argue that anecdotes of deaths in the dark could be equally applied to darker evenings, and that the elimination of Permanent DST was politically motivated.[45]

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    No thank you!

"The Senate passed by unanimous consent the Sunshine Protection Act on Tuesday, a measure that would make daylight saving time permanent. It was introduced by Senators Marco Rubio (R-FL) and Ed Markey (D-MA) and had 16 other co-sponsors."

https://www.9news.com/article/news/n...6-ebb4116bf4e2
    I see hydraulic turtles.

Standard time, DST, I don't really care which we go with. Just stop changing time twice a year for no reason.
    Wait, how can we trust this guy^^^ He's clearly not DJSapp

i'm up for DST all year

Permanent Standard Time. Noon is fucking noon. Not my fault that white collar can’t get to work before 9:00AM and thus can’t get their 18holes in after work.

Bring it!
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

I lived a few years in a part of the province that elected to be on permanent standard time. The time zone just moved from one side of the town to the other. Way more civilized. But then I actually work outside for a (diminishing) portion of my weekly schedule, and have no problem adjusting the start time of my field vs office days. DST is for entitled self-absorbed cubicle snowflakes.

I go to work in the dark no matter what they do.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Fuck that. Sunrise would be after 8:30 in the dead of winter, then it would still be dark before 6:00.

Standard Time ftw. Down with Daylight Time.

I vote we just permanently split the difference at the half hour and call it good.
    "Great barbecue makes you want to slap your granny up the side of her head." - Southern Saying

Split the difference. Fall back 30 minutes next November and then leave it the fuck alone.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

^^^^ Great minds and all that!!!!
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Even when i had a job the time change took a week to get used to so I could care less

right now waking up 1 hr later works better for me cuz I got no where to go and all day to get there

a sleep guy interviewed on the radio sez what you need is more light in the morning

so it should be permanent standard not daylight savings
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Seems like a good idea to me, but admittedly I fit the "white collar guy who starts work at 9 and wants to golf after work" category. What's the argument against - dawn tours that start in the dark?

I bet that which time you prefer varies based on which end of the time zone you live on...

Quote Originally Posted by gavinski91 View Post
    Seems like a good idea to me, but admittedly I fit the "white collar guy who starts work at 9 and wants to golf after work" category. What's the argument against - dawn tours that start in the dark?
    Kids going to school in the dark all winter long.

Personally, I do a lot of winter activity between 7 and 9 am. I do almost no winter activity between 5 and 7 PM (dinner time with the fam).

I think the current time change works just fine and actually makes sense.

I like the current system, but if we had to choose a single time for all year I'd pick DST. I expect it to be dark in the morning in the winter. Whether the sun's up at 8:00 or 9:00 doesn't make much difference. In contrast, here in Seattle if we stayed on standard time it would start getting light before 4:00 am for a few weeks in the summer. Fuck that.

I am so heartened to know that the Senators are working on such important matters in these trying times.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I am so heartened to know that the Senators are working on such important matters in these trying times.
    I was thinking the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    You're not wrong, bunny. You're still an asshole.

There goes first chair on powder days. I was always willing to rally and get up super early for first chair on powder days but I would imagine that the resorts will now open an hour later at least this far north which means far less chance of getting a first chair unless I want to stand for 2 hours in the dark. After work tours in late February early March will be a thing perhaps. I am for as I am more of an evening person but I guess we will see.
    License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I like the current system, but if we had to choose a single time for all year I'd pick DST. I expect it to be dark in the morning in the winter. Whether the sun's up at 8:00 or 9:00 doesn't make much difference. In contrast, here in Seattle if we stayed on standard time it would start getting light before 4:00 am for a few weeks in the summer. Fuck that.
    This. The change doesn't bother me but if we had to choose one, definitely DST.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    You're not wrong, bunny. You're still an asshole.
    When you go to riser5, will you be upside down, taking out of your asshole?